Wyoming Fan - New Bills Fan

OrediggerPoke

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I don't watch a ton of college football. I knew very little about Allen going into the draft. Alot of my thoughts 9n him came from listening to media. Rosen sounded like he had more upside so that's who I originally wanted. Again, based off media. After seeing his leadership the last 2 weeks (and also the play making ability) I'm super excited to have him. Call me as crazy as you want, but he reminds me of Brady at times (putting the athletecism aside) 

I wouldn't compare him to Brady personally.  Brady usually makes the intelligent play and tries to minimize risks.  Brady can seemingly put the ball wherever he wants.  Josh Allen throws caution to the wind and will try and make the impossible play...and you know what, he does fail sometimes turning into an INT but then he will come back and make the impossible possible with a run for his  life scramble and 65 yard heave downfield across his body to the receiver for a touchdown.

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's very nuanced.  It can be both.

I mean, who among us read that post and didn't think "Oh my God, what the hell are you thinking?  Why the hell would you root for this team?  Don't you know how we suffer?  Run fast, run far!"  So yeah, Oredigger...you're an idiot.  But you're our idiot now.

He's a Wyoming fan he's used to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I am a life long Wyoming Cowboys and Denver Broncos fan.  As soon as Allen Bills jerseys were available to order, I ordered one in each color.

I am happy that Bills nation got to see the real Josh Allen today.  I had the pleasure of watching every one of his college home games and multiple college road games as well.  I have never seen a more physically gifted QB or bigger competitor in my life (John Elway is 2nd to Josh Allen).  Hurdling defenders to pick up a first down...yep, that's the real Josh Allen!  His college teammates (who mostly weren't as talented as the competition) followed him because he laid everything on the line for them.  I get the same sense with this Bills team.  Go Bills!

Welcome... hope you are here often....

51 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I am a life long Wyoming Cowboys and Denver Broncos fan.  As soon as Allen Bills jerseys were available to order, I ordered one in each color.

I am happy that Bills nation got to see the real Josh Allen today.  I had the pleasure of watching every one of his college home games and multiple college road games as well.  I have never seen a more physically gifted QB or bigger competitor in my life (John Elway is 2nd to Josh Allen).  Hurdling defenders to pick up a first down...yep, that's the real Josh Allen!  His college teammates (who mostly weren't as talented as the competition) followed him because he laid everything on the line for them.  I get the same sense with this Bills team.  Go Bills!

Welcome a board and remember 

Once your in your in for life , ( Bills mafia ) 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

Three games.  That's all it took for the Bills to become Josh's team for the foreseeable future.   Today was unbelievable and unexpected. 

The Bills may go 1-15 this year...who knows, but today showed what they can become with winning QB play.

• Like (+1) 1

Welcome.... I have been slowly coming around on Allen.  It started when we drafted him and I watched every video possible about him.  He started to grow on me as a hard working and humble young man.  I came from a farming family and that was a draw to him (my perceived work ethic from that).  I also am a HUGE puller for underdogs and I am not a big fan of everything can be explained by numbers (analytics) kind of guy.

I went to a handful of training camp sessions.  He was working hard on and off the field. I welcome Josh and I hope and pray he IS our next franchise QB.  Lord knows the Bills DEFINITELY need one!

PS Brady sucks

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Welcome to the board. 

Any chance you guys can send us Granderson in the 3rd next year to help with our pass rush? 

Granderson has been great and is super athletic at DE but he has struggled a bit getting off blocks this year.  It’s been puzzling.  He might be available in the 5th round.  The better pro prospect on the DLine is actually Ghaifan in my opinion.  He is a junior that I’m afraid may declare early this year. 

55 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Welcome to the board Wyoming.  Glad to have you and we’re only going to play against Denver probably. Every two to three years so hopefully you’ll have both.

I know I grew up in Buffalo, but as you can read from my profile, I live in Tampa.  I only have to worry about a conflict every four years.

youre boy played fantastic today, and made some real improvements in the second half of the last game.

Honestly at this point I’d probably pull for the Bills over the Broncos.  Broncos needed a QB and had the chance to take Allen.  I honestly thought that Elway didn’t take Allen because he saw a lot of himself in him and didn’t want any other QB to interfere with his legacy. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I will give you one to start.  Wyoming versus Northern Illinois to open the 2016 season at War Memorial Stadium in Laramie for a night game.  Rare lengthy rain storm comes through Laramie game was slated to start at about 8 PM but ends up starting around 11:00 PM or so.  On paper, Northern Illinois was the more talented team.  Back and forth battle with Josh Allen getting some long runs to get Wyoming points in this first half shootout.  Northern Illinois makes some adjustments at half and the game is tied and headed to overtime at about 1:45 AM or so.  Wyoming scores in the  first OT and UNI matches it.  Wyoming defense comes up with a stop in  the 2nd OT.  Wyoming drives the ball down and it is 3rd down with Wyoming needing a FG to win but  with a freshman kicker that was anything but consistent.  Wyoming's line can't block anything and Allen runs for his life to the right.  I am screaming for him  to throw the ball away to try for a FG but he inexplicably jukes 2 defenders and cuts back all the way to the left side of the field and into the endzone to win the game at about 3:00 AM.  Insanity erupts and everyone including the players and fans run to the end zone to pile on top of Allen.  He didn't want to leave the game to chance on a field goal he wanted to win the damn game and he did it!

I'm not sure how to embed from the twitterverse, so maybe someone can assist, but here is the play:

https://twitter.com/MountainWest/status/772354373376577540

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

58 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I wouldn't compare him to Brady personally.  Brady usually makes the intelligent play and tries to minimize risks.  Brady can seemingly put the ball wherever he wants.  Josh Allen throws caution to the wind and will try and make the impossible play...and you know what, he does fail sometimes turning into an INT but then he will come back and make the impossible possible with a run for his  life scramble and 65 yard heave downfield across his body to the receiver for a touchdown.

I see some early similarities to Brett Favre.  In his prime Favre was the most fun Quarterback to ever watch play football

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I am happy that Bills nation got to see the real Josh Allen today.  I had the pleasure of watching every one of his college home games and multiple college road games as well.  I have never seen a more physically gifted QB or bigger competitor in my life (John Elway is 2nd to Josh Allen)Hurdling defenders to pick up a first down...yep, that's the real Josh Allen!  His college teammates (who mostly weren't as talented as the competition) followed him because he laid everything on the line for them.  I get the same sense with this Bills team.  Go Bills!

Welcome to TBD.

That's quite a statement re: comparison to Elway.  A little early for that, but I like what Josh Allen is showing through six quarters.

I think McDermott doesn't want Josh to make a habit of hurdling NFL LBs, but that was impressive.

Go Bills and NE* sucks.

• Like (+1) 1