Things all sane and sighted posters can now agree on 1) No Mentor Needed 2) No clipboard holding needed 3)Allen Rules

PlayoffsPlease

I was never a sit a learn type but he could absolutely use a veteran backup. 

His hurddle was a great athletic move, but he left the pocket early on a third and ten, and wasn't going to get the first down without a magical play.  A simple slide in the pocket and hitting the wide open WR on the right side line was the proper read.  He will have to make those reads in the future if he wants to last long term in the league.

Just now, BuffaloWings said:

Still plenty of experience needed, but I like what I see.

He got away with some risky/gutsy plays, but I link the fact that he took chances and took shots down the field. Daboll called a phenomenal game.

Exactly

OP is overly excited but one game.  

Great game by Allen. Still a long way to go.  

An experienced back up that can help the team and help Allen  is STILL, AND WILL ALWAYS BE, a better plan than Nate Peterman as the backup. 

I hope we we never see Nate again. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm glad to see Allen playing well.  I have been high on him since the end of last season.  His performance today was why I was so against starting Peterman and continuing the competition.  Allen clearly pulled even at Cleveland.  That's a precious 3 weeks Buffalo's offense will never be able to get back this year.  A good defensive effort some big plays by Allen is the receipe for success this year.  

37 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

An experienced back up that can help the team and help Allen  is STILL, AND WILL ALWAYS BE, a better plan than Nate Peterman as the backup. 

Its not one game.  1) his physical talents are measured and undeniable.  He as progressed incredibly from the beginning of camp until now.  You must not be paying attention.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

E3B84A97-315F-42A5-B21F-EB6F8AEE53EF.jpeg

Now this is a “sane and sighted” post...

Edited by COTC
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JCBoston said:

We're "one play away" from seeing Nathan Peterman for the rest of the season. We need a credible backup. 

What team isn't "one play away" from having a QB who won't win them games consistently?

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

What team isn't "one play away" from having a QB who won't win them games consistently?

there are many

Tampa is currently playing their 'Backup QB' when the starter was suspended to start the season

Philly won the Superbowl with their backup QB

Browns backup came in and got them their first win this week

Would the Jets be completely lost if they had to go to McCown at any point?

Most teams still have a chance if they have to go to their backup

Buffalo might as well forfeit and save themselves the embarassment if they have to go to Peterman......

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

there are many

Tampa is currently playing their 'Backup QB' when the starter was suspended to start the season

Philly won the Superbowl with their backup QB

Browns backup came in and got them their first win this week

Would the Jets be completely lost if they had to go to McCown at any point?

Most teams still have a chance if they have to go to their backup

Buffalo might as well forfeit and save themselves the embarassment if they have to go to Peterman......

That's just 4 teams, and outside of possibly Foles, I'd disagree that any of those other backups would win them games.  Winston is on his way to bustville, McCown is pretty much done, and Tyrod is who we thought he was.

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Things all sane and sighted posters can now agree on 1) No Mentor Needed 2) No clipboard holding needed 3)Allen Rules

4) don’t start snide threads pointing and laughing at other dumb threads that should have never been started.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Disagree on Winston.

Hes a still got potential to be a very good QB and has had plenty of moments, he's just a !@#$ing moron. 

Still, I'd rather have literally any QB backing up Allen than Peterman. 

At this point, Winston should be realizing his potential.  I doubt he ever becomes a winning QB.  But we'll see.

And I don't disagree with you on Peterman.  But again I don't think it really makes a difference.  Except for maybe mentoring duties.

2 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

You should spend the next year holding a clipboard and reviewing things here before posting again.  Also look into finding a mentor to help you learn. 

Lol please kid. You want to start snarky **** and you can’t take any in return. I think it’s you that needs a break and maybe a lesson or two.