Thank you Vontae, you galvanized this team...

Honestly it doesn't seem like Vontae ever ingrained himself with the team, some of the reaction seems a lot more on the "meh, we couldn't count on that guy, he wasn't bought in anyway" side.

I think catching the Vikings in between a long Packers game and the Rams on a short week had more to do with success than being galvanized by Vontae.  Also helps not to have one of your corners getting beaten like a drum.

We should take all the money he left on the table and put it on display as a constant reminder of that selfish and idiotic move. 

I’ll come around when the season is over and clean it up for everyone. Free of charge, and I’ll even pay my own travel expenses. I’m a team first kinda guy....

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Josh Allen galvanized the team. He must have been embarrassing himself in practice too. Doubt the players took one half of Vontae Davis to care.. probably happy the old man retired before he got cut

Davis wasn't some easily forgotten rookie.

He was one of our "big" FA acquisitions.  A 9 year vet and recent 2 time pro bowler.  He was supposed to be our answer at our #2 CB.

I'm sure his attitude was one foot out all Summer and you're probably right that the Bills players aren't all that upset to see him go, but it's naive to think it's lost on them that a this is an occurrence that really rarely (or never...?) has happened in NFL history and it happened to them.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:03 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I think the Bills heard all the noise and all the jokes all week.

Last week you could just see how pissed off leaders like Lorax and Micah Hyde were after Davis quit on the team.

Good leaders use that as a teachable moment at the very least if not as a spark in a room full of kindling.

Throw in the adjusting McDermott and Frasier seem to be doing sharing the playcalling and an offense that's moving the ball and scoring and taking advantage of great defensive play and that Davis retirement last week could be the gift that keeps on giving.

Right now I'm thinking the Bills do something like what they did in the movie Major League... put a life-size cardboard cutout with detachable pieces of Vontae Davis in the locker room every week. For every W, pull off a piece. And then another. And another. 

Until we make the playoffs...

And there's a life-size cardboard cutout of Davis in Buffalo's locker room as we enter the playoffs with just Buffalo Bills socks and a Banana Hammock left... 

also removable, of course  

Good leaders may use the Vontae issue as a motivational spark but the best leaders don’t need it.  

You want keadership and motivation to come from within and be part of the make up of your players. 

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He was one of our "big" FA acquisitions.  A 9 year vet and recent 2 time pro bowler.  He was supposed to be our answer at our #2 CB.

I'm sure his attitude was one foot out all Summer and you're probably right that the Bills players aren't all that upset to see him go, but it's naive to think it's lost on them that a this is an occurrence that really rarely (or never...?) has happened in NFL history and it happened to them.

He was injured and on the downside when we signed him.  We only signed him to a one year contract.  He was a stop gap signing for one year, not our answer at #2CB.  

You had me until the carboard cut out...yuck.

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Coming off a double groin tear with a detached muscle there was no way this guy still had NFL speed.

If I were Coach his ass would have been cut after the fist play from scrimmage in the Cinci PS game.

The one where John Ross ran him around in circles....how embarrasing was that?

He should have quit right then.

7 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Good leaders may use the Vontae issue as a motivational spark but the best leaders don’t need it.  

You want keadership and motivation to come from within and be part of the make up of your players. 

Did you see us to start the season???? :blink:

This team needed a motivational spark. Let's just pray it was a spark to a pile of kindling in a wicker room.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:08 PM, Foxx said:

hot take!

get cher hot takes right here!!

hot takes!!

I love when total garbage like this gets floated around.

The team was "galvanized" when Davis quit at halftime.  

Right.  I guess our problems before then were a result of not having finalized the galvanization process.

This suggests, basically, that our effort was low until the team decided to exert more as a group.

Total bunk!