Thank you Vontae, you galvanized this team...

I think the Bills heard all the noise and all the jokes all week.

Last week you could just see how pissed off leaders like Lorax and Micah Hyde were after Davis quit on the team.

Good leaders use that as a teachable moment at the very least if not as a spark in a room full of kindling.

Throw in the adjusting McDermott and Frasier seem to be doing sharing the playcalling and an offense that's moving the ball and scoring and taking advantage of great defensive play and that Davis retirement last week could be the gift that keeps on giving.

Right now I'm thinking the Bills do something like what they did in the movie Major League... put a life-size cardboard cutout with detachable pieces of Vontae Davis in the locker room every week. For every W, pull off a piece. And then another. And another. 

Until we make the playoffs...

And there's a life-size cardboard cutout of Davis in Buffalo's locker room as we enter the playoffs with just Buffalo Bills socks and a Banana Hammock left... 

also removable, of course  

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Could we turn back time? Could we find a way?

we'd take back those words that hurt you
and you'd stay
we don't know why we did the things we did
we don't know why we said the things we said

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Glad to see him go.

That was embarrassing on a national stage, but really more for him vs. the team.

It was embarrassing on a national stage.

And not just on the sports stage.

People I know who don't even follow football were asking me about Davis this week. 

I was being just a bit hyperbolic in the OP having a little fun, but I guarantee the players used that this week to some degree.

So, again... thanks Vontae. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Right now I'm thinking the Bills do something like what they did in the movie Major League... put a life-size cardboard cutout with detachable pieces of Vontae Davis in the locker room every week. For every W, pull off a piece. And then another. And another. 

Until we make the playoffs...

And there's a life-size cardboard cutout of Davis in Buffalo's locker room as we enter the playoffs with just Buffalo Bills socks and a Banana Hammock left... 

also removable, of course  

This is strange even by your standards 

• Haha (+1) 4