Sign in to follow this  
Don't stop billievein

Matt Milano is making a difference for this defense.

19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Last year I was banging the drum for Milano constantly. The kid makes plays, plain and simple. I have wanted him to be the MLB since the middle of last year. When Milano is on the field, he makes plays around the ball. I hope Edmunds pans out because we could end up with something special at LB for a decade.

At the start of last year I thought Milano was a complete waste. I love how wrong he made me look last year and it's great to see him continue this year to play at a high level.

9 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

Arguably our best defensive player so far.

Shout out to Micah Hyde who returned to last season's form today.

Something that stood out to me today from Micah was his tackling skill. He brought guys down in open field smoothly and quick. We have a lot of guys that poor tacklers that should learn from him. He is excellent at it.

On 9/23/2018 at 2:40 PM, billsfan89 said:

Once Edumonds gets a feel for the game he will be a monster, but there will be some growing pains as is expected. 

I would just like to point that Milano was not great when he came into the league either......didnt even start the season which Edmunds is doing.

You gotta give these kids time to mature....even with the crazy height/weight/speed combo they are still going from a situation where they dominated everybody to a situation where everyone was a big fish in a small pond.

Next year....Edmunds is probably going to be twice as good as he is right now.....which is a scary thing for the teams we play against.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2018 at 6:47 PM, beerme1 said:

At the start of last year I thought Milano was a complete waste. I love how wrong he made me look last year and it's great to see him continue this year to play at a high level.

Something that stood out to me today from Micah was his tackling skill. He brought guys down in open field smoothly and quick. We have a lot of guys that poor tacklers that should learn from him. He is excellent at it.

He’s always struck me as a good but not great athlete that’s so smart and technically sound he ends up as a standout. 

He’s a very clear example of how just slapping together the most talented athletes you can find isn’t a winning formula. 

I've been saying since last year that Milano is a beast. I really think he will be a pro bowl player within the next few years. This was a huge draft steal for McDermott 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

We need to resign him 

We will.  But the Bills have for at least another 2 years after this on the cheap.

I was worried about he holding up physically but he has.  Great young player. 

40 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've been saying since last year that Milano is a beast. I really think he will be a pro bowl player within the next few years. This was a huge draft steal for McDermott 

So is this Whaley or McDermott? I feel like McDermott gets credit for the good picks while Whaley is blamed for the bad decisions in that draft.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was worried about he holding up physically but he has.  Great young player. 

So is this Whaley or McDermott? I feel like McDermott gets credit for the good picks while Whaley is blamed for the bad decisions in that draft.

I'm 99.9% sure McDermott picked the players in last years draft. Whaley was just making the phone calls

I see a big pay day coming in Free Agency, we still have a few years

Edited by HOUSE

He’s been a revelation.  Is he Italian or Latin?  Him and Edmunds are perfect 3 down Lbers for today nfl.  Just have to adjust a little better vs the run.  Both have all pro coverage ability for the position 

1 minute ago, Helpmenow said:

Another 58 is smiling there. Mike Stratton.

Many on the board are saying "who?"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Many on the board are saying "who?"

Eric Stratton's brother.  And he's also damn glad to meet you.

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

I think he has a good chance to be a Pro Bowler this year. 

On 9/23/2018 at 4:37 PM, Don't stop billievein said:

He was everywhere today. Honestly, you can say that the bills have made some questionable personnel decisions but finding this guy in the middle of the draft is paying off.  I’m really liking his game and he is a great compliment to Edmunds. 

All teams miss on players. The good ones hit more often.

He is a playmaker for sure and has even more upside in the future. 

Nice finding solid starters in round 5 (Wyatt Teller also on that same track).  

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Go back and watch the Baltimore,Chargers and especially the Colts games and get back to me.He was straight up lost and owned in Indianapolis.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:39 PM, Doc said:

What's even better is that they got him with the pick they got from the Cheaters for "stealing" Mike Gillislee from them. :lol:

I love this observation.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:25 PM, LeGOATski said:

Kinda reminds me of Kiko Alonso.

Their names even have the same number of letters.

Sure, I can buy this. But without the edge, and the injuries.

Milano or Hughes are Bills DPOY runaways.. it's been very clear. You realize Milano's literally in every game ball candidate thread? He's balling and we all know it (I hope).

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s been a revelation.  Is he Italian or Latin?  Him and Edmunds are perfect 3 down Lbers for today nfl.  Just have to adjust a little better vs the run.  Both have all pro coverage ability for the position 

When he made the pick on Sunday, I said, that kid is just always around the ball. And that is all football instincts (knowledge and preparation). Not saying he has Kuechly-level instincts, but they're pretty damn good...and he's still pretty young.

It looks like he is Italian. His twitter page lists "Boston College | Buffalo Bills | 🇮🇹" and then there is a post and photo by Joe Tessitore where he calls Milano "My (not so little) 🇮🇹 🇺🇸 🦅 brother."

https://twitter.com/matthewmilanoo?lang=en

Edited by folz
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, wppete said:

He should be.  He lacks the advantage of name recognition outside of Buffalo fandom.

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He’s always struck me as a good but not great athlete that’s so smart and technically sound he ends up as a standout. 

He’s a very clear example of how just slapping together the most talented athletes you can find isn’t a winning formula. 

Milano has a nose for the ball, and is one heck of an athlete when asked to drop into coverage.

The only struggles I have seen is when teams run right at him - his 6'0 223 lb frame does not exactly shed blockers. He plays a lot more like an extra safety on the field - if he can knife into the backfield and happens to hit the right gap he can trip or wrap up the legs of a RB. If being blocked it isn't even a contest, maybe why the Bills go with their 3 safeties, and 2 linebackers (Lorenzo and Edmunds) and Milano is not part of their goal line package.

In most ways Milano is the perfect LB for a team that faces NE and the way they spread the ball around, but I can't say that he isn't a liability against a ground and pound run offense like the Jags were showing early with Fournette. Perhaps like Edmunds he just has to get more experience recognizing run early enough so he can hit the right gap unblocked...they're both young and still have room to grow.

One of the weird things this season that kind of flew under the radar was Milano losing snaps to Humber at the beginning.  There were a few comments from coaches too that made it seem like they were trying to send him a message.  Hopefully if it was attitude it got fully adjusted