Matt Milano is making a difference for this defense.

How Matt Milano Became an NFL Leader in Takeaways

hu7maop2jm46iakrfzt8.jpg

It’s November 19, 2016 - a brisk fall day in Chestnut Hill, MA.

Over 30,000 screaming fans are packed into Alumni Stadium to watch their beloved Boston College Eagles take on a lackluster 3-7 Connecticut Huskies team.
It’s Boston College’s penultimate game of the 2016 season, and a win would keep their bowl game hopes alive.

In his final game in front of the Chestnut Hill faithful, senior linebacker Matt Milano did what he does best – he made a play.

Less than one minute into the fourth quarter, Milano intercepted a pass from Donovan Williams and strolled into the end zone from 19 yards out, increasing BC’s already sizable lead to 27.

The pick-six, the first of Milano’s college career, sealed the win for Boston College and kept its season alive.

On 11/28/2018 at 5:44 PM, GunnerBill said:

The only time he ever looked good to me was against the Panthers in the first pre-season game this year when they played vanilla cover 2 every snap. As soon as anything is disguised Peterman throws it to the other team.

Anyone who watched his college tape should have seen it. He was an UDFA talent who had no business making a roster. 

And I was saying this before he even became a Bill. Just glad the nightmare is over. 

When it comes to the QB position, you have to at least try.  The position wasn't being played well and they tried with a late round pick, sue them.  Gotta take some chances. 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:21 AM, GunnerBill said:

Two words: "Nathan" and "Peterman".

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:40 AM, Doc said:

Four words: Late fifth round pick.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:46 AM, GunnerBill said:

You missed the word "Terrible" at the start. 

I think he missed the words, "on the field too early" rather than "terrible." Or "Poorly handled", maybe. Fifth round QBs or guys in that area don't generally do much, but when they do it's generally because they're allowed to sit and figure the NFL out. Look at Brunell. Yeah, you get occasional Bradys who only sat for a year and a half or more or even Steve Grogans who played his first year, but generally with guys like Gannon, Rypien, Brad Johnson, Theismann, Hasselbeck, Trent Green ...

I like McDermott and Beane so far, they seem like smart cookies who are mostly making good moves. But it would be hard to argue they handled the QB situation well. Other than drafting Allen and giving us at least a chance in the future, anyway.

In any case, Milano is looking like a great pick.

Edited by Thurman#1

42 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I think he missed the words, "on the field too early" rather than "terrible." Or "Poorly handled", maybe. Fifth round QBs or guys in that area don't generally do much, but when they do it's generally because they're allowed to sit and figure the NFL out. Look at Brunell. Yeah, you get occasional Bradys who only sat for a year and a half or more or even Steve Grogans who played his first year, but generally with guys like Gannon, Rypien, Brad Johnson, Theismann, Hasselbeck, Trent Green ...

I like McDermott and Beane so far, they seem like smart cookies who are mostly making good moves. But it would be hard to argue they handled the QB situation well. Other than drafting Allen and giving us at least a chance in the future, anyway.

In any case, Milano is looking like a great pick.

Nate Peterman could have set and watched for 10 years and received coaching from Montana, Brady, Bill Walsh and Mike Holmgren and he would still have sucked when he got on the field. He was never and will never be an NFL level Quarterback talent. He isn't Rich Gannon or Brad Johnson or Matt Hasselbeck. He is a guy who should have been an UDFA and camp fodder at best.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:21 AM, Chandler#81 said:

I’m loving the kid. In today’s game, coverage LBs are more important than run stuffers and he excels in coverage. Plus, he’s got swag and a nose for the ball. He beefed up from last year and I think he could still add a little more muscle/size w/o negatively impacting his speed. He’s no Jack Lambert, but’s he’s pretty close to Jack Hamm.

..good call....Lambert, Ham & Andy Russell......pretty formidable trio.......thought Milano was a bit small, but he sure as hell is proving to be the real deal, another 5th round "Meatball find".....

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Glad we're giving Milano a shout-out he's been my favorite defender this year.

Y'all realize he gets nominated for our game ball almost every week without fail?

He’s a prime example of the type of draft pick teams need to hit on in order to build a successful team. A 5th rounder who turns into an impactful starter. It doesn’t hurt that the pick came from the Pats and he was right down the street from them at BC. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/24/2018 at 4:37 AM, Don't stop billievein said:

He was everywhere today. Honestly, you can say that the bills have made some questionable personnel decisions but finding this guy in the middle of the draft is paying off.  I’m really liking his game and he is a great compliment to Edmunds. 

He reminds me of Lofa Tatupu from the Seahawks all those years ago. . .and if he can get more into the backfield, a Brian Urlacher lite.