Matt Milano is making a difference for this defense.

19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Last year I was banging the drum for Milano constantly. The kid makes plays, plain and simple. I have wanted him to be the MLB since the middle of last year. When Milano is on the field, he makes plays around the ball. I hope Edmunds pans out because we could end up with something special at LB for a decade.

At the start of last year I thought Milano was a complete waste. I love how wrong he made me look last year and it's great to see him continue this year to play at a high level.

9 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

Arguably our best defensive player so far.

Shout out to Micah Hyde who returned to last season's form today.

Something that stood out to me today from Micah was his tackling skill. He brought guys down in open field smoothly and quick. We have a lot of guys that poor tacklers that should learn from him. He is excellent at it.

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2018 at 2:40 PM, billsfan89 said:

Once Edumonds gets a feel for the game he will be a monster, but there will be some growing pains as is expected. 

I would just like to point that Milano was not great when he came into the league either......didnt even start the season which Edmunds is doing.

You gotta give these kids time to mature....even with the crazy height/weight/speed combo they are still going from a situation where they dominated everybody to a situation where everyone was a big fish in a small pond.

Next year....Edmunds is probably going to be twice as good as he is right now.....which is a scary thing for the teams we play against.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/23/2018 at 6:47 PM, beerme1 said:

At the start of last year I thought Milano was a complete waste. I love how wrong he made me look last year and it's great to see him continue this year to play at a high level.

Something that stood out to me today from Micah was his tackling skill. He brought guys down in open field smoothly and quick. We have a lot of guys that poor tacklers that should learn from him. He is excellent at it.

He’s always struck me as a good but not great athlete that’s so smart and technically sound he ends up as a standout. 

He’s a very clear example of how just slapping together the most talented athletes you can find isn’t a winning formula. 

I was worried about he holding up physically but he has.  Great young player. 

40 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've been saying since last year that Milano is a beast. I really think he will be a pro bowl player within the next few years. This was a huge draft steal for McDermott 

So is this Whaley or McDermott? I feel like McDermott gets credit for the good picks while Whaley is blamed for the bad decisions in that draft.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was worried about he holding up physically but he has.  Great young player. 

So is this Whaley or McDermott? I feel like McDermott gets credit for the good picks while Whaley is blamed for the bad decisions in that draft.

I'm 99.9% sure McDermott picked the players in last years draft. Whaley was just making the phone calls