Allen is a budding superstar

33 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

Of course this was the first bills game in years that I couldn’t watch. (Traveling). Can anyone provide a fair/balanced review of how Allen played today?  Was he really good enough to make so many people think he’s a franchise QB?  Or is a lot of that bills fans understandably being biased? Specifically how was his accuracy and how did he do making it through his progressions?  Would we still have scored close to 27 without th defensive turnovers? Thanks!!  

If you go to Bills.com you can find a video of every throw Allen made in the game (both complete and incomplete). BTW - about half of his incompletions were drops.

It's not hard to see Allen's obvious talent. He has that "it" factor (as does Baker Mayfield) that I haven't seen in Buffalo since the '90s. He'll have his ups and downs like all young QBs, but if he stays healthy, it's hard not to get excited about the fact that we many finally have found our first "franchise quarterback" since Jim Kelly.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I cannot remember a time where a Bills Qb without much help on his side of ball put his team on his back and won a game going away vs a top 10 team.  Without some drops and bobbles Allen has 3 or 4 passing TDs.  Still early but doing that to Minnesota means they can beat anyone.  Rodgers is great but Minnesota is a much better team than GB.  Good defense and Allen making a handful of plays will result in W's.

Let's not forget about the defense. One could argue that they put the team on their backs. Or we could agree it was a team effort with Allen looking great in the process.

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

Let's not forget about the defense. One could argue that they put the team on their backs. Or we could agree it was a team effort with Allen looking great in the process.

It's an argument and that's the best argument to have. The offense took the pressure off the defense and gave them time off the field. The defense likewise kept the pressure off the offense and gave them more opportunities.

Right but in years past Buffalo finds themselves in a game late in the 4th.  Last year vs Denver and Atlanta, Fitz vs the Steelers, ravens or numerous Pat's games.  With out anybody of Fantasy relevance on the roster The offense scoring 3 TDs in the first half was impressive.  You cant watch the game and not come away with Allen carried the offense.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Right but in years past Buffalo finds themselves in a game late in the 4th.  Last year vs Denver and Atlanta, Fitz vs the Steelers, ravens or numerous Pat's games.  With out anybody of Fantasy relevance on the roster The offense scoring 3 TDs in the first half was impressive.  You cant watch the game and not come away with Allen carried the offense.  

Of course he had 2 rushing TD and was only 17 yards from having the most rushing yards as well.

54 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

Of course this was the first bills game in years that I couldn’t watch. (Traveling). Can anyone provide a fair/balanced review of how Allen played today?  Was he really good enough to make so many people think he’s a franchise QB?  Or is a lot of that bills fans understandably being biased? Specifically how was his accuracy and how did he do making it through his progressions?  Would we still have scored close to 27 without th defensive turnovers? Thanks!!  

He was great. We did have good field position a lot including 2 drives that effectively started in the red zone, but he was incredible either way. His mistakes were an underthrown deep ball that was almost picked, and 2 sacks where he fumbled the ball but luckily we recovered both. Every incompletion except I think 2 were drops on perfectly thrown balls. He played a near perfect half of football and then in the 2nd half we went very simple because of the score.

We won the game because we played well including Allen, and we blew them out because the ball bounced our way a few times. If that makes sense.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Of course he had 2 rushing TD and was only 17 yards from having the most rushing yards as well.

That's the point.  Against a playoff team when is the last time a Qb carried the Bill's offense? Success has been tied to the Rb in Buffalo for what it seems like 20 years.

1 hour ago, Adam727 said:

The early turnovers and short field position definitely helped the first half scoreboard. That said, Allen was much better than at any point during the preseason or through the first two weeks. He consistently made plays, both with his legs and his arm, some of which were downright spectacular. Our receivers didn't do him any favours with all those drops. 

Daboll/McD took their foot off the gas in the second half so his numbers weren't as impressive as they could have been.

Now for the bad. He had one dropped INT in the first quarter and three fumbles, all of which we were lucky to recover. He's still sloppy with the football trying to do too much. He's still slow going through his progressions. He still has no idea what's coming from the defense pre-snap. Romo called him out for this a couple of times during the game. 

Edited by VW82

12 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

I think attitude plays a big role in success. The ability to play a bad game or two and still keep coming out with confidence. A lot of young players have a bad game or two and come out questioning themselves.  I think that is what sets Josh (and baker) apart from the rest of the class. They have faced constant doubt but remained confident in themselves and kept on exceeding expectations. 

post of the day about Allen. So very true both of these guys were kicked to the curb. no one wanted either one of these guys on their team in college football. They both were Initially shuned. Baker had to walk on to get his job. Allen played JR. College ball. These guys know what it’s like for people not to believe in them. They are both special players and good men. Both true leaders in every respect. Thank god we got Josh Allen on our team. 

Edited by 17 Josh Allen

8 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I cannot remember a time where a Bills Qb without much help on his side of ball put his team on his back and won a game going away vs a top 10 team. =

70% of his passing yards came from YAC. His teammates were putting plenty on their backs. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

He definitely looks better than he did last week...   If he continues to progress it will be a nice to have a QB. I noticed he was delivering much more accurate passes to wide open WRs compared to last week..

I still have to watch the game ? because for some GD reason Direct TV doesn't recognize that I have record all Buffalo Bills games and yet when I came home Sunday from a trip to Vancouver, DTV recorded the Broncos ravens for me instead.

17 hours ago, HansLanda said:

From a WR perspective, it would be nice if KB just looks like he should be in the NFL. That will be a start. 

The frustrating part is the WRs Have physical attributes that should make them competent WRs.

Zay has the overall athleticism of some of the top guys.  But his hands are unbelievably inconsistent 

K-Benj has absolutely dominant size that he should be unstoppable in the red zone but that slant drop was inexcusable 

Even holmes has great size decent speed but - can’t keep his feet in bounds to save his life. 

8 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

I really would like to hear what the Vikings defense has to say about Allen. They have had to deal with some stud qb’s in their last 6-7 games and I would like to hear how Allen compares in their minds. 

I think what they would say is they played flat.  "It's not what Buffalo did, it's what we didn't do" kind of synopsis.

I'm not ready to crown him. I like Allen alot, but one good game and one so so game... I'd still love to see him improve his ball security. The pick while carrying around the Chargers DE last week, a ridiculous fumble where he held the ball up in the air this week. He's a rookie so I'm cautiously optimistic that he will indeed eliminate these things from his game.

His mental toughness and his resiliency give me tons of hope. He looked much more comfortable this week in the pocket, looked to be making his reads much quicker. If he can continue to do what he did today week after week the Bills have a bright future ahead of them.