Allen is a budding superstar

His size and arm strength are going to give defenses a lot of problems.  He's one of those guys in the Big Ben mold capable of keeping plays alive just because of his size and that arm can get the ball 50 yards downfield with no effort.  Let's just hope McBeane sells out to get him the weapons he deserves now.

There are plenty of good reasons why JA was going to be drafted high in the first, whether by the Bills or by another team (Cards as matters developed). No doubt he will experience ups and downs and has a lot to learn but he has shown that he can beat you with his arm from the pocket, from a moving pocket and outside the pocket. He can attack every blade of grass on the field and is capable of making any throw. As if that didn't pressure a D enuf, he can beat you with his legs too. Add to that the ability, like Baker, to inspire his teammates on both sides of the ball. And then there is his basic intelligence which is also an asset. Dude can be very dangerous to the well being of defensive coordinators. 

Given his demonstrated ability and extremely rare physical skill set it was apparent to many observers that if he could grow and refine his game and execute with greater consistency Josh Allen held a deep in the money option on elite NFL QB status. 

Seems pretty obvious that the football world can only be impressed by what the have seen so far.

It looks to me like Daboll will be very important, perhaps even crucial to JA's continued development. I was encouraged by his game plan and play calling during the first half yesterday. Well designed to disrupt an opposing D that was clearly expecting a much more conservative approach. Green Bay will not now fall into the same trap so it will be very interesting to see just how JA and the Bills make out next Sunday. Another strong performance will go a long way to confirming that Allen's sky high potential can eventually be realized.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Yeah, true.

Lets not forget the kid fumbled 3X but was lucky enough to have them all recovered. Also I cringed whenever he threw cross body when rolling out though I must admit they were beautiful throws.  Kids got so much physical talent. Speed, strength, hops and decent pocket presence. Oh and btw, the accuracy looked pretty good too.

To be fair one of the "fumbles" was a pass.

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am a little surprised that I am not hearing more about Allen from the pundits. I mean, I know they have labelled him a bust and they are loath to move on from that, but he put together a far better game than Darnold or Rosen in a spectacular upset.

On nfl radio, they were talking about how the game wasn’t too big for some young qbs such as mayfield and mahomes. Brady Quinn went out of his was to include Allen in the mix. There’s that. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Adam727 said:

Of course this was the first bills game in years that I couldn’t watch. (Traveling). Can anyone provide a fair/balanced review of how Allen played today?  Was he really good enough to make so many people think he’s a franchise QB?  Or is a lot of that bills fans understandably being biased? Specifically how was his accuracy and how did he do making it through his progressions?  Would we still have scored close to 27 without th defensive turnovers? Thanks!!  

I just saw a graphic on NFL Network saying Josh Allen had the best ever rookie performance against a Mike Zimmer Vikings Defense. (since 2014). He ranked number one in the following categories:

Comp %.                     68.2

Pass Yards                196

yards per attempt.   8.9

Total TD.                    3

Passer rating            111.2

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

His size and arm strength are going to give defenses a lot of problems.  He's one of those guys in the Big Ben mold capable of keeping plays alive just because of his size and that arm can get the ball 50 yards downfield with no effort.  Let's just hope McBeane sells out to get him the weapons he deserves now.

This spring I see McB taking a shopping cart into FA and coming out with some toys for Josh. Think our 1st pick will be OL.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:26 PM, NewDayBills said:

This isn't a told you so thread, I wanted us to draft Allen but I did not expect this. 3 TDs, but should have been 4 but Benjamin dropped that EZ TD. McCloud also dropped that huge bomb. The guy is even better than I thought, I'm glad they were so fearless in the way they used him, I was yelling at my TV telling him to get down every time he ran the ball, the Superman TD run where he hit the pylon was something Cam Newton would do. This is Allen's team, Shady is no longer our best player, Josh Allen is the franchise.

I love what Allen is doing right now.  (Foster dropped the bomb). 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I was about to post the same thing.

u5ri5c9epgcurumsyaxh.jpg

Looks like he's yelling at the ref for a flag already. 

I remember when he threw a pick in preseason and hit the defending near the goal line and caused a fumble. As he got up he started giving the touch back signal. Seems like he's got pretty good awareness.