Allen is a budding superstar

6 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

Not that it means a lot, but Trent Edwards looked like the real deal too.   Let’s hope Allen continues this trend and doesn’t have the same fate Trent did. 

He never looked like the real deal in the same way that Allen looks like the real deal. From physical stature to command and poise in the pocket, Allen looks much better. And I thought Edwards showed some promise early on. 

We know Benjamin dropped what could have been a TD. And Foster dropped the bomb. But Josh should have had a second TD pass instead of a second running TD. He threw a bullet to Holmes in the endzone. Holmes bobbled it and finally caught it at the one. It was a good call by the refs. But if he would have just caught it clean, as it was right on the money, that's a TD. Clay also dropped a TD. That's a relatively easy catch on such a nice floater right on the money. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

The best part of Josh’s game today was he played with tons of moxy and swagger 

After the hurdle he was fired up, like he'd just taken a shot of adrenaline. He played like he knew he was the best player on the field. We haven't seen anything like it since Jim Kelly... I understand the urge to be patient but I'm jumping on the train now.

38 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Dak and Watson are falling back to earth.  Goff and Wentz were terrible their first year's and look great now.  Let's give it a little time

Goff’s accuracy looks special.      Everyone thought he was a superbust year 1 

18 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

Not that it means a lot, but Trent Edwards looked like the real deal too.   Let’s hope Allen continues this trend and doesn’t have the same fate Trent did. 

Trent Edwards was always a bum.   I never thought he looked like the real deal.   

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Our OL played stellar today.

The Vikings really missed Everson Griffin.  He’s a monster.    

Vikings bad penalties early really helped us set the tone

Allen played like a season vet 95% of the time.  

Our WRs suck.

Tremaine and Milano played lights outs

im going to start wearing my Jerry Hughes jersey again instead of Tremaine . JEEERRRYYYYYYYYU!!

im impressed

I think the Vikings also missed Dalvin Cook. Cook is their best runner but he also dynamic out of the backfield catching the ball, and when your O-line is struggling against a pass rush a lot of screen passes and running back pass designs can help take the edge off the defense.

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

1537726228_0ap3000000965051_video_cp.jpg

Please... don't ever do that again.

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Dny71czXkAAByLb.jpg

Carry on...

I honestly believe that number 17 will be retired to the ring of fame in 20 years in the new stadium that "Josh built".

I also believe the combination of Allen and McDermot will equal division domination equal to the Bellichek era.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Please... don't ever do that again.

Carry on...

I honestly believe that number 17 will be retired to the ring of fame in 20 years in the new stadium that "Josh built".

I also believe the combination of Allen and McDermot will equal division domination equal to the Bellichek era.

Lets hope so

Just saw that Allen’s two rushing tds in a game is the most since Edwards. 

I find that interesting in a few ways. The biggest way is that Edwards rushed for more tds in a single game than our ex-super-athletic-all-star qb Tuh-rod. 

So glad no one will have to suffer watching that guy as a starter again. 

I love what I'm seeing out of Josh Allen.  Of course he's a rookie and on a learning curve, but he's learning quickly.  His skill set is potentially the match for the best QBs in the league.   Now Beane can concentrate on building a team around him.

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

How about we stop the madness and let this play out. So far so good and we should all be happy with that without making HOF or  bust declarations. He's going to have a brutal game or two in this season. So we won't be a bust after them and he's not an all star yet. Right now I"m encouraged and pleased by what he's doing - isn't that enough. Let him grow.

Yeah, true.

Lets not forget the kid fumbled 3X but was lucky enough to have them all recovered. Also I cringed whenever he threw cross body when rolling out though I must admit they were beautiful throws.  Kids got so much physical talent. Speed, strength, hops and decent pocket presence. Oh and btw, the accuracy looked pretty good too.

I think attitude plays a big role in success. The ability to play a bad game or two and still keep coming out with confidence. A lot of young players have a bad game or two and come out questioning themselves.  I think that is what sets Josh (and baker) apart from the rest of the class. They have faced constant doubt but remained confident in themselves and kept on exceeding expectations. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

I think it's safe to say this is how a lot of us feel. A lot of the older fans didn't want him to start so quickly for these reasons. I compared him to Favre statistically early on, and I got fried for it. but he has the 'it' that is the statistical curve pusher. He is 4 sigma, the curve pusher that stats don't apply to. Mayfield was too. These are high risk, high reward type guys, and this draft had two of them. Darnold and Rosen will be fine, but Mayfield and Allen have ceilings as high as the moon. We got one of them. I hope this early start benefits him unlike Favre or Young etc who got wrecked starting too soon then went to other teams to become special. Allen is in that class. I've said it before, and I stand by it still.

Thanks for weighing in. Welcome to the nut house.

Thanks RocCityRoller. Here’s to enjoying the ride.

• Like (+1) 1

There will still be a ton of growing pains I'm sure but the kid just seems to have "IT"...the ones that have "IT" show flashes of "IT" pretty fast.  I remember Brett Favre's first game against the Bengals.  He was super raw but he showed he had natural instincts to play QB in the NFL.  I really think we are seeing that with Allen already.  I never once had the same feeling about Trent Edwards, JP Losman, EJ Manuel, or Tyrod that i do with Allen.  This truly feels like the arrival of a special Quarterback for once.

• Like (+1) 2

Let’s catch our collective breath, and cross our fingers. A great game, and a long way to go with plenty of ups and downs. More important to me than wins is Josh’s continuing progress. Getting both today in that fashion was truly special. 

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

Was thinking Cam Newton too. Seems like too easy of a comparison with the whole Carolina connection but he seriously looks like "good" Cam Newton out there, which I'll gladly take at this point. He completely dominated the first half, it was insane.

he is already a better passer than newton.  not quite the runner, but moves better in the pocket. 

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Sure ,there's still doubt.  This is the Not For Long league, after all.

But the encoraging thing was that nobody's talking about accuracy issues today.   His ball placement was the best--by far--that we've seen from him...

You're doubting JA is our future? Either you haven't watched his progression or a butt hurt Rosen guy.

Has accuracy been an issue? 

3 hours ago, MDH said:

Until a QB does it consistently over the course of multiple years it’s too early.

Any talented QB can have big games, consistency is what makes a guy a franchise QB.

So when is it appropriate to get genuinely excited about what we're seeing? 

Am I missing the posts that have said JA has arrived?  

3 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Sure, I'll get right on that. 

A few more passing TDs and consistent 60%+ completion will help. 

3 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Sure, I'll get right on that. 

A few more passing TDs and consistent 60%+ completion will help. 

Exactly.

Because the numbers tell the true story.<_<