Allen is a budding superstar

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Am I thinking of @Buffalo30 ????

Maybe that's who it was.

Yeah, I remember our QB debates. I loved watching Allen in college.  His team was garbage around him and he still found a way to win. So many looked at the stats but that means nothing in college.  He's a competitor.  He will do whatever it takes to win. I'm happy to see his leadership abilities coming through already. He shut some people up today.  So happy for him but he needs to continue to grow as the year goes on and look at the film and listen to his coaches.  His future is so bright.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he had looked bad you'd be saying we should be concerned that he's a bust. Why is it too early? He barely has a couple players around him that would start on other teams and he made the offense happen all on his own. Watch our run game suddenly pick up too because defenses have to keep 2 deep when he's on the field.

It’s too early because this is only his 2nd game.

His sample size is too small for us to judge accurately. 

3 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Dak and Watson are falling back to earth.  Goff and Wentz were terrible their first year's and look great now.  Let's give it a little time

their surrounding talent has regressed  Nobody with exception of maybe a healthy aaron rodgers an do it all by themselves  Watson I think is for real  Dak might be JAG

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyokid said:

Hey guys great win today. Kind of a long post so stay with me. First off I am am Wyoming guy through and through so I should be able to give you insight on what to expect from Josh Allen. My uncle played for the Bills in the 80’s Conrad Dobler... yeah he’s an !@#$) so I have rooted for the Bills from afar for a while. I am a true blue Broncos fan but I said whatever team Josh went to would be my second team. I was really happy he went to the Bills. Thank god he is not a Brown. So here is the skinny on Josh, you will have to give him time. I have never seen a qb do some of the things that he has done in games and remember I’m an Elway fan. He has a stupid strong arm and is great with his legs, but he will frustrate the hell out of you at times. He will make some head pounding stupid plays when they aren’t necessary and then make one that you are sure would make him a HOF. He is still raw and I think he should have stayed in school one more year. I wasn’t to high on him starting so early because he still needs to develop but he is a huge competitor and people doubting him will only motivate him more. You can’t look at Mayfield, Darnold or even Rosen when he starts to play but rather look at Josh’s growth. He may come back next week and look like Nathan Peterman (ok maybe never that bad) but he will have ups and downs. I am happy you guys got him because like I said I have always rooted for Buffalo from afar. If there is anything you guys want to know I will be as honest as I can.

thamks for reading

I think it's safe to say this is how a lot of us feel. A lot of the older fans didn't want him to start so quickly for these reasons. I compared him to Favre statistically early on, and I got fried for it. but he has the 'it' that is the statistical curve pusher. He is 4 sigma, the curve pusher that stats don't apply to. Mayfield was too. These are high risk, high reward type guys, and this draft had two of them. Darnold and Rosen will be fine, but Mayfield and Allen have ceilings as high as the moon. We got one of them. I hope this early start benefits him unlike Favre or Young etc who got wrecked starting too soon then went to other teams to become special. Allen is in that class. I've said it before, and I stand by it still.

Thanks for weighing in. Welcome to the nut house.

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 hour ago, Wyokid said:

Hey guys great win today. Kind of a long post so stay with me. First off I am am Wyoming guy through and through so I should be able to give you insight on what to expect from Josh Allen. My uncle played for the Bills in the 80’s Conrad Dobler... yeah he’s an !@#$) so I have rooted for the Bills from afar for a while. I am a true blue Broncos fan but I said whatever team Josh went to would be my second team. I was really happy he went to the Bills. Thank god he is not a Brown. So here is the skinny on Josh, you will have to give him time. I have never seen a qb do some of the things that he has done in games and remember I’m an Elway fan. He has a stupid strong arm and is great with his legs, but he will frustrate the hell out of you at times. He will make some head pounding stupid plays when they aren’t necessary and then make one that you are sure would make him a HOF. He is still raw and I think he should have stayed in school one more year. I wasn’t to high on him starting so early because he still needs to develop but he is a huge competitor and people doubting him will only motivate him more. You can’t look at Mayfield, Darnold or even Rosen when he starts to play but rather look at Josh’s growth. He may come back next week and look like Nathan Peterman (ok maybe never that bad) but he will have ups and downs. I am happy you guys got him because like I said I have always rooted for Buffalo from afar. If there is anything you guys want to know I will be as honest as I can.

thamks for reading

Your uncle Conrad was at my house a few years ago for a poker game/bachelor party!  I wasn't around to follow him when he played for Wyoming but he was a lot of fun to play poker with and to talk to.

Your thoughts are spot on with Josh Allen and how I feel about him.  Never seen a more physically gifted and bigger competitor at QB in my life! (John Elway is 2nd for me)  He will make mistakes and throw bad interceptions but he will do everything in his power to get his team to win the game.  Yep, stats are for losers.  Give me Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Seriously is there any doubt about this kid now? 

I don't think so, but there's been a few QB's that came hot out of the gates and cooled a bit.  Watson, Prescott.   However I think Allen has already showed us he's better than both. I'd take him over Darnold, Trubisky, Mariotta, Carr and Winston.  If he remains in the conversation with Mahomes, Went and Goff then we did well. And none of them played better or more in year one so far, but it's a long season and teams will get tape on Allen.   

1 minute ago, JimBob2232 said:

Not that it means a lot, but Trent Edwards looked like the real deal too.   Let’s hope Allen continues this trend and doesn’t have the same fate Trent did. 

You’re right. not only doesn’t your statement mean a lot, it actually means nothing.

• Like (+1) 3