Allen is a budding superstar

As a Wyoming and Josh Allen fan I can say I'm not surprised.  He was an eye opener in his first series as a red-shirt freshman at UW.  He continued to amaze in his career as a Cowboy.  I think the trend will continue as a Bill.  I can confidently say you've got your franchise quarterback.

Hey guys great win today. Kind of a long post so stay with me. First off I am am Wyoming guy through and through so I should be able to give you insight on what to expect from Josh Allen. My uncle played for the Bills in the 80’s Conrad Dobler... yeah he’s an !@#$) so I have rooted for the Bills from afar for a while. I am a true blue Broncos fan but I said whatever team Josh went to would be my second team. I was really happy he went to the Bills. Thank god he is not a Brown. So here is the skinny on Josh, you will have to give him time. I have never seen a qb do some of the things that he has done in games and remember I’m an Elway fan. He has a stupid strong arm and is great with his legs, but he will frustrate the hell out of you at times. He will make some head pounding stupid plays when they aren’t necessary and then make one that you are sure would make him a HOF. He is still raw and I think he should have stayed in school one more year. I wasn’t to high on him starting so early because he still needs to develop but he is a huge competitor and people doubting him will only motivate him more. You can’t look at Mayfield, Darnold or even Rosen when he starts to play but rather look at Josh’s growth. He may come back next week and look like Nathan Peterman (ok maybe never that bad) but he will have ups and downs. I am happy you guys got him because like I said I have always rooted for Buffalo from afar. If there is anything you guys want to know I will be as honest as I can.

thamks for reading

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

How about we stop the madness and let this play out. So far so good and we should all be happy with that without making HOF or  bust declarations. He's going to have a brutal game or two in this season. So we won't be a bust after them and he's not an all star yet. Right now I"m encouraged and pleased by what he's doing - isn't that enough. Let him grow.

• Like (+1) 2

He played well today.  As with all rookie QBs he made some head scatcherd as well.  But he showed signs of having the two things any long term QB has to have to make it:

1.  Poise.  Young QBs succeed or fail on whether they can get the game to slow down enough to make plays.  He showed that's coming along.  Doesn't have the deer in the headlights look.

2.  Leadership:  Does your team believe in you?  Will they follow you?  Answer to those appear to be yes.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Can't wait to see the progression through this year. He straight balled today. I pray he can stay healthy with his style of play.

Next year give this kid a couple studs at the WR position and a better O-line and look out baby.

1537726228_0ap3000000965051_video_cp.jpg

Dny71czXkAAByLb.jpg

That pylon photo would be a great Madden cover. Also please don’t put Josh on Madden.

The best part of Josh’s game today was he played with tons of moxy and swagger 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:
  • The ones that admire his work ethic will say they knew it all along
  • The ones who hated him before and when we drafted him will find a way to defend their opinion

This was against the Vikings in their own home....a team that was supposed to be a Super Bowl favorite

and I rest my case

I didn't want Allen when we drafted him, but he's won me over.  He's a quick learner, and has good leadership qualities.  The defense seems to feed off of his energy.

1 hour ago, COTC said:

Too early...

If he had looked bad you'd be saying we should be concerned that he's a bust. Why is it too early? He barely has a couple players around him that would start on other teams and he made the offense happen all on his own. Watch our run game suddenly pick up too because defenses have to keep 2 deep when he's on the field.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he had looked bad you'd be saying we should be concerned that he's a bust. Why is it too early? He barely has a couple players around him that would start on other teams and he made the offense happen all on his own. Watch our run game suddenly pick up too because defenses have to keep 2 deep when he's on the field.

I think he is going to continue to improve on the details.  Already we know he can run, move in the pocket and extend plays as well as being a bear to tackle  Defenses will not  be playing 11 within 20 yds of the los  No small ball with Josh Allen able to attack any spot on the field.  Is he going to get confused, try to do too much?  Of course he is a rookie.  O line played better for the most part. 

I think 20 years of trying to find Jim Kelly's replacement have taken a toll on this fan base.  Easier to just say the qb is a bust than to show hope when we have had so many failures.  He looks and feels different.  Time will tell

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

You were one of the first on his bandwagon, even before we drafted him. Props to you, I remember you taking a lot of flak for it.

I became a fan of his after watching all of his games post draft. I only watched 4 games predraft and had a bad e v a l on him.