Allen is a budding superstar

The game is clearly not to big for him. He has poise that is surprising for a second start rookie.

Not sure if anyone saw the on field interview after the game. Handled it like a vet.

I love that they gave him the dump off option and coached him to use it. It set up the TD to Croom which the defenders so egregiously bit on.

31 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Really happy with his performance and I’ll say the same of Allen that I did of Mayfield. Lots to like but still some concerns. It's early but the early returns are looking good.

I want to see better ball security in the pocket from both. They need to learn just to put the ball in their gut and make sure they don’t lose it.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Would you trade a 1st down for a season having Josh Allen under center?

I certainly would not

Good for you.     His knee cleared Anthony Barr.   He is healthy and played the rest of the game.   

You worry too much.   Players gotta play.  

When they review the tape of this game, they should sneak in the footage of Garrapolo's presumed ACL injury suffered today... We all love Allen's intensity and daring but he is too valuable to risk serious injury on a play like that... On the plus side we have already seen that Josh knows how to slide when appropriate...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let's not get too crazy after one game. I loved the way Allen and the offense in general looked. They seemed to feed off his energy and play. But in the NFL fluky things happen. You can't get too high or too low based off of one game. I am not trying to down play this game. The Vikings have a great defense easily top 10 if not top 5 in the league and Allen played extraordinary against them. But once again this is just one week. Every year each team has 2 games where they come out flat and 2 games where they look like world beaters. 

I loved what I saw from Allen but there still is a long way to go. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Of course not. After 2 and a half games we can't say anything definitive about anyone. Can we say it looks encouraging? 

Absolutely. Browns fans are rightly excited from Thursday and Bills fans are rightly excited tonight. 

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. Looked great today, just hope it stays consistent. Very encouraging though.

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would rather not see the hurdle over a player play ever again......but Josh Allen is OUR QB

I don’t want to see it again, either, but you gotta think his teammates gotta love playing with a guy like that and are more likely to give everything they have for him. 

Said this in the game thread but he had four turnovers this game that didn't result in actual turnovers due to sheer dumb luck: dropped INT in the 1st Q + three fumbles we recovered. Kid was much better but he still has a long ways to go.

Edited by VW82
  • Haha (+1) 2

Our OL played stellar today.

The Vikings really missed Everson Griffin.  He’s a monster.    

Vikings bad penalties early really helped us set the tone

Allen played like a season vet 95% of the time.  

Our WRs suck.

Tremaine and Milano played lights outs

im going to start wearing my Jerry Hughes jersey again instead of Tremaine . JEEERRRYYYYYYYYU!!

im impressed

• Like (+1) 1