Allen is a budding superstar

Until a QB does it consistently over the course of multiple years it’s too early.

Any talented QB can have big games, consistency is what makes a guy a franchise QB.

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Seriously is there any doubt about this kid now? 

Yes because it’s been 2.5 games. And not every draft “expert” were low on him. Some liked him quite a bit. Stop with these snap judgment threads.

34 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Seriously is there any doubt about this kid now? 

The overall consensus was that Allen was a 1st rd pick hands down by just about everyone. It was/is a great QB class like 1983 and 2004. The biggest debate was which QB was being drafted at which spot or order.

Had mine pre-draft at:

Baker

Rosen

Darnold

Allen 

Jackson

Thrilled we have Allen.

Edited by Real McCoy

• The ones that admire his work ethic will say they knew it all along
  • The ones who hated him before and when we drafted him will find a way to defend their opinion

This was against the Vikings in their own home....a team that was supposed to be a Super Bowl favorite

1 minute ago, COTC said:

Too early...

and I rest my case

25 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

This isn't a told you so thread, I wanted us to draft Allen but I did not expect this. 3 TDs, but should have been 4 but Benjamin dropped that EZ TD. McCloud also dropped that huge bomb. The guy is even better than I thought, I'm glad they were so fearless in the way they used him, I was yelling at my TV telling him to get down every time he ran the ball, the Superman TD run where he hit the pylon was something Cam Newton would do. This is Allen's team, Shady is no longer our best player, Josh Allen is the franchise.

Robert Foster dropped the bomb, not McCloud.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Real McCoy said:

The overall consensus was that Allen was a 1st rd pick hands down by just about everyone. It was/is a great QB class like 1983 and 2004. The biggest debate was which QB was being drafted at which spot though.

I still have mine at:

Baker

Rosen

Darnold

Allen 

Jackson

Thrilled we have Allen.

Looks like you'll need to have to revise that list. I'd take Allen over Darnold, probably rosen and definitely jackson.

• Like (+1) 1