A few thoughts about the Vikings game, in no particular order

Virgil

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Pass protection was pretty good again. One of the two sacks was a TE whiff but generally thought our OL had another respectable day. Dion is worrying me though. Seems to lack some power compared to last year. 

Would that "power" be named Incognito?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

Would that "power" be named Incognito?

I am sure he misses Richie alongside but I am thinking more lower body power. Doesn't seem to be able to anchor quite as well as last year. Need to watch the all22 of this week again obviously but that is my takeaway. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I am sure he misses Richie alongside but I am thinking more lower body power. Doesn't seem to be able to anchor quite as well as last year. Need to watch the all22 of this week again obviously but that is my takeaway. 

I also feel that, to some degree, our O-line is receiving a more balanced attack this year, rather than so much being thrown at our right side.

1 minute ago, MikeSpeed said:

The only way this day gets better is if the Lions upset the Paties 

Nah. Not to me. Nothing else today touches this. This was one of the most enjoyable games to watch in years, imho. Never have I sat down to watch a game with lower expectations that were exceeded by such a huge margin. Even as they entered halftime, I figured that somehow they would lose this game. The difference between last week and this is mind-boggling. It was the difference between an undisciplined team, and a disciplined one.

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

It can be done 

yes

yes he will.
and it will be good and fine.
that was soooo close. timing his steps , when he should just stride. 

I feel like that long incompletion was on Allen. Under-thrown, and maybe should have been an int?

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

He got banged up a couple times, but was back out on the field right after. I think Hyde/Poyer were well positioned to help him out, also. And as another poster said earlier, a good pass rush elevates everyone. But, I will maintain what I said in another thread: Ryan Lewis was an upgrade to that other guy he replaced.

at first blush, ryan lewis looked dialed in

Thanks Virgil, woke up to the great news and came here looking for your write-up ?

Enjoy the honesty in your thoughts and the sensible discussion it prompts from others.

Keep up the great work.

Stoked with the result. Go Bills!

Btw.... Your gonna have to come up with a better thread name soon ?

Edited by Ned Kelly
Spell

First game I've had a chance to watch this year. Allen is the real deal. He reminds me in some ways of Jim Kelly when he was young. Different styles of course, but I totally expect to see Allen bringing down a defender on a pick off like Kelly used to. As soon as he gets some experience, he is going to be one of the best in the league.

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Daboll's playcalling in the 2nd half was questionable at best.  

He dialed it down a little but Allen made a few dumb plays with the ball like the Statue of Liberty play where he funbled and Croom recovered.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Ned Kelly said:

Thanks Virgil, woke up to the great news and came here looking for your write-up ?

Btw.... Your gonna have to come up with a better thread name soon 

In honor of the original author of these thoughts, it’s never gonna happen 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2