Steelers listening to trade offers for Leveon Bell

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Not even sure he makes that roster.  Juju, AB, Washington are locks. They traded for and apparently like Switzer, last spot(s) usually need special teams value. 

The Switzer trade pisses me off. Bills couldn’t offer Chucky more than the Steelers, while awash with WR talent get him for a 5th (and a 6th back in return)?

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

The end of the day you would hold the cards.  You could franchise him with the intentions of a long term deal.

He does not have to sign it though. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He could go to the Jets if they tell his agent they will sign him long-term for whatever he would demand in FA. They have the cap space to do it. He could be back in green and white. 

This morning they said the Jets  have interest. And dangling a thrid round pick only.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Switzer trade pisses me off. Bills couldn’t offer Chucky more than the Steelers, while awash with WR talent get him for a 5th (and a 6th back in return)?

agreed.  This Bills front office seems to have no clue about WR.  We traded up for Zay, costing us picks 44 and 91, instead of drafting JuJu, we traded a 3rd for KB, we traded a 7th for Coleman, wasted a 7th for Proel.  What is the plan at WR?  I am campaigning for Anthony Johnson.  Don't neglect WR next draft Beane

4 hours ago, Dr. Football said:

I don’t think the Steelers want him back this year, they are getting great production out of Conner at a small fraction of the cost. Why pay 800,000$ a game when you can pay 600,000$ for a whole year of Conner. Don’t be shocked if they release him, even if it means losing out on a third round comp pick next year. 

he had 17 yards in week 2 and 61 yesterday. Where is this great production you speak of?

15 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

he had 17 yards in week 2 and 61 yesterday. Where is this great production you speak of?

190 total yards 2 tds game 1 

65 total yards 1 td game 2 

95 total yards game 3 

His production is not far off what they get from bell game to game, sure bell is a great rb but it’s not a huge drop off. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

190 total yards 2 tds game 1 

65 total yards 1 td game 2 

95 total yards game 3 

His production is not far off what they get from bell game to game, sure bell is a great rb but it’s not a huge drop off. 

Have you ever seen Bell play? He gets close to 200 yards a game most of the time. 65 total yards lol 

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think a third is generous. I heard a 5th could get it done.

And to think multiple mouth breathers here think McCoy could garner anything higher than a 6th rd pick at this point.  Why would any team give up such an asset to have the privilege to pay a guy 15-16 million per year?  RB is a commodity position, for 1/5 the price you can get 90% the production.     

Edited by YodaMan79

3 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

And to think multiple mouth breathers here think McCoy could garner anything higher than a 6th rd pick at this point.  Why would any team give up such an asset to have the privilege to pay a guy 15-16 million per year?  RB in a commodity position, for 1/5 the price you can get 90% the production.     

I'd give them shady and a 5th for Bell if they'd take it. Mostly because of age. 

Edited by Starr Almighty

Do the Bills even have 14 to 15m in cap room?

Thats what would be required for the franchise tag.

Then this guy wants QB money long term :(

Thats a big no for this team.

I don't think Beane would want this guy at that price.

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Do the Bills even have 14 to 15m in cap room?

Thats what would be required for the franchise tag.

Then this guy wants QB money long term :(

Thats a big no for this team.

I don't think Beane would want this guy at that price.

...seriously doubt he would ever put that type of crazy money into one player...just a thought..............

6 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Have you ever seen Bell play? He gets close to 200 yards a game most of the time. 65 total yards lol 

image.thumb.png.356922576208a30f7f91f92949655235.png

He had a good year, but I think 200 yards most games is a stretch.  He's not worth it on multiple fronts.

1 minute ago, YodaMan79 said:

He had a good year, but I think 200 yards most games is a stretch.  He's not worth it on multiple fronts.

After the 1st 4 games look at his stats. Remember he sat out and pouted like a child last year too and had a slow start. He hits 180 a lot that's why I said close.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

"Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell played in his 55th game on Sunday. He also reached 7000 total yards from scrimmage in the game. The only other person to have ever reached the mark as fast was the great, Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson."

"Just so we are clear on this, 7000 yards is a lot. And 55 games is not a lot to get that many. In order to total 7000 yards from scrimmage in 55 games, one has to average over 127 yards from scrimmage per game, which is an exceptional pace to maintain over what is the equivalent of nearly three and a half full seasons"

https://steelersdepot.com/2017/11/leveon-bell-ties-eric-dickerson-fastest-player-7000-scrimmage-yards/

bell averaged 130 yards from scrimmage last year.

Connor is averaging 113 through 3 games.

I'll bet Connor doesn't hold that pace.

Bell is really good.

Edited by SouthNYfan