Steelers listening to trade offers for Leveon Bell

YoloinOhio

On 9/23/2018 at 6:24 PM, thurst44 said:

We have almost 100 million under the cap next year; I'm sure we could figure something out, but yes, it's probably not a smart cap move for what they are trying to do.

Unless he's going for a not-1st round draft pick, I wouldn't trade either.

It's closer to $50m

On 9/23/2018 at 6:26 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Benjamin and a 2nd............

Which is the same as just offering a 3rd.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Why does this say 89M but you say 50M? I'm sure there's a reason for the huge difference.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2019/

That doesn't include draft pick costs which are a certainty, nor does it assume any contract renewals. It's simply current on roster players with agreed contracts for next year

The usuable cap space is close to $50m for signings realistically

Edited by Mountain Man

7 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

That doesn't include draft pick costs which are a certainty, nor does it assume any contract renewals. It's simply current on roster players with agreed contracts for next year

The usuable cap space is close to $50m for signings realistically

You do know the draft is like 5m-6m dollars. The cap is the cap for everybody. The Jets have 100m, yes they have players they may want to resign or draft their cap # is 100m. If they signed Bell for 14 per they would still have 75 left. The question is how it fits in down the road and does it end up as a pain in the cap

On 9/25/2018 at 7:20 PM, YodaMan79 said:

And two years older when he suits up for his new team.  Football while not fair pays for future production, not past.  Baseball and basketball teams dig themselves in deep holes with unproductive players/dead weight.  He's getting really bad advice from his representation.  He will not be able recoup the money he's losing this year, even if he signs a top line deal in 2019.  

My Bills wish list:  Draft Wisconsin linemen and their RB.  We'll be saying Le'Veon who?

Like Ron Dayne?  Michael Bennett?  Montee Ball? Terrell Fletcher?

For all the buzz, Wisconsin has produced 1 good RB (Gordon) and 1 good 3rd down back (White) and a string of busts.

? Cory Clement isn't chopped liver.  I forgot about Bennett.  Certainly, some duds there.  Not PSU bad though.  Have you seen Taylor play?  I'd say he's the best of the bunch that will have come from Madison.  Also, my guess is Wisconsin has at least two guys on that line that would push for playing time on this roster NOW.  My comment was said in jest.  Highlighting you could have 3-5 future impact players for what Bell would cost for maybe two elite years.  I'd also like one of the Watt siblings, but our luck would be that we get the Casy Matthews version.   

"Taylor set a major college record for a freshman with 1,977 yards last year, finishing sixth in the Heisman voting."  

I started a prediction thread that this would happen and got laughed out of the place.  If we win this weekend I think it's still very possible.  

1.  We have the cap space and maybe have found our QB

2.  We are spending nothing on WR after this year so will draft one high.  

3.  D is young and solid.  

4.  Mccoy is old.  Him and a pick for bell is better than most will offer.  

Instant contender next year. 

7 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I started a prediction thread that this would happen and got laughed out of the place.  If we win this weekend I think it's still very possible.  

Nope/ we are not one player away , by any means. and i would rather draft and develop one. Than pay for one at this point.

bad fit likely anyways , good sir !

On 9/25/2018 at 7:20 PM, YodaMan79 said:

And two years older when he suits up for his new team.  Football while not fair pays for future production, not past.  Baseball and basketball teams dig themselves in deep holes with unproductive players/dead weight.  He's getting really bad advice from his representation.  He will not be able recoup the money he's losing this year, even if he signs a top line deal in 2019.  

My Bills wish list:  Draft Wisconsin linemen and their RB.  We'll be saying Le'Veon who?

Bell will easily be able to recoup that 15 million he lost sitting out this season by signing a huge deal in 2019. Bell could sign a deal with upwards of 40 million guaranteed in 2019. Bell will be two years older than he was in the 2017 season but he will be coming off of a year where he wasn't injured and logged 0 wear and tear. He is preserving his future value by not playing for a team who only has 2018 in his interests. If you are in a market paying for future production then avoiding the risk of a team running you into the ground for one season is probably a smart idea. 

Bell is avoiding the scenario where he collects that 15 million but gets hurt and loses the value of a future contract. Even if Bell signs a 30 million dollar guarantee that's double the guarantee he currently has with much less risk. His representation is giving him the right advice. He played on the franchise tag last year and played out his rookie deal all at high levels of production. Now with his team having little recourse but to fine him he is not having much at risk.

14 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I tend to agree. 

I love McCoy. He has been my favorite Bill to watch since he got here, but with Allen in his rookie deal we have to look at the future and over the next four years, not just this season with McCoy. 

Obviously you would only do it with some understanding of resigning. I don’t know how that works if he hasn’t signed his tender yet. JMO. 

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Philly leaps out from that list.  They seem to be in an arms race with the Rams to stack titles while Goff / Wentz are cheap and given Ajayi is going to be a FA and they don't have great options in the backfield anyway, I could see them making an aggressive move for him.