Steelers listening to trade offers for Leveon Bell

YoloinOhio

And two years older when he suits up for his new team.  Football while not fair pays for future production, not past.  Baseball and basketball teams dig themselves in deep holes with unproductive players/dead weight.  He's getting really bad advice from his representation.  He will not be able recoup the money he's losing this year, even if he signs a top line deal in 2019.  

My Bills wish list:  Draft Wisconsin linemen and their RB.  We'll be saying Le'Veon who?

56 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Have you ever seen Bell play? He gets close to 200 yards a game most of the time. 65 total yards lol 

47 total yards at Cleveland last year for bell lol ? 

I’m not saying Conner is as good as bell at this stage in his career, but for the money he’s being paid it makes way more sense to cut ties with bell and save the money going forward, and I think that’s what they do. 

58 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

"Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell played in his 55th game on Sunday. He also reached 7000 total yards from scrimmage in the game. The only other person to have ever reached the mark as fast was the great, Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson."

"Just so we are clear on this, 7000 yards is a lot. And 55 games is not a lot to get that many. In order to total 7000 yards from scrimmage in 55 games, one has to average over 127 yards from scrimmage per game, which is an exceptional pace to maintain over what is the equivalent of nearly three and a half full seasons"

https://steelersdepot.com/2017/11/leveon-bell-ties-eric-dickerson-fastest-player-7000-scrimmage-yards/

bell averaged 130 yards from scrimmage last year.

Connor is averaging 113 through 3 games.

I'll bet Connor doesn't hold that pace.

Bell is really good.

Wait til he goes to the jets and tears us up and we all get pissed.  Bell would be our leading wr.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Wait til he goes to the jets and tears us up and we all get pissed.  Bell would be our leading wr.

Exactly.

This dude is putting up numbers as good or better than the greatest RBs in league history have put up, and people are like "oh connor can replace him, no bigs"

please.

dude is a legit star.

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

trading for him is a short term proposition though, no new contract can be negotiated til after the year so its a half year rental.  His demands wont change and I dont think he cares who pays him, he wants the most money he can get.  No reason to think he will be loyal to a team that pays a 5th rounder for him

7 minutes ago, mattynh said:

trading for him is a short term proposition though, no new contract can be negotiated til after the year so its a half year rental.  His demands wont change and I dont think he cares who pays him, he wants the most money he can get.  No reason to think he will be loyal to a team that pays a 5th rounder for him

Then we franchise him or transition tag him or trade him. Or sign him. 

1 hour ago, YodaMan79 said:

And two years older when he suits up for his new team.  Football while not fair pays for future production, not past.  Baseball and basketball teams dig themselves in deep holes with unproductive players/dead weight.  He's getting really bad advice from his representation.  He will not be able recoup the money he's losing this year, even if he signs a top line deal in 2019.  

My Bills wish list:  Draft Wisconsin linemen and their RB.  We'll be saying Le'Veon who?

Wisconsin linemen and RB should be a no brainer.

I'd trade for him in a hot minute. Dude doesn't need an offensive line to ball. Idk how it works, but if we get him on a franchise tag first year , doesn't hit CAP right? Resign him with all the fat stacks everyone's saying we'll have next year.

We could line him up at WR every down and he'd be our best WR by a long shot

20 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Hes been tagged two years already...are you paying attention to the situation with the Steelers?  LOL

And we have 90 mil in space so we use up 20 mil on him. We sign him to a deal or let him negotiate with other teams. He’s not turning down 20 mil to play 

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

And we have 90 mil in space so we use up 20 mil on him. We sign him to a deal or let him negotiate with other teams. He’s not turning down 20 mil to play 

Sure! That's really a good idea.  Seeing how no other team has given a RB quarterback money.  ?

Tackles and top tier DEs are where you want to spend your money.  The Bills have paid McCoy top RB money the past couple of years, it's not worth it. 

19 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

Sure! That's really a good idea.  Seeing how no other team has given a RB quarterback money.  ?

Tackles and top tier DEs are where you want to spend your money.  The Bills have paid McCoy top RB money the past couple of years, it's not worth it. 

what will you say when the jets sign him and he continues his pace of around 2000 all purpose yards for a few years?  they will win a lot of games with the big run game he brings and his receiving game. now imagine having an offense like the saints had last year with two 1000 yard backs in the backfield plus two guys that catch passes as well.  We need weapons around Josh and hes the best weapon that is available out there.  You act like it's your money to spend.  We've spent big money on lesser talented players in the past. Remember what Mario did to our defensive line when he came? Bell is better and would have a bigger impact on our offense. 

Can't say as i blame them the guy is all about him & could care less about any one of his team mates that is the one thing i don't like about the new NFL i get wanting to get paid but when is enough enough ??

$14 million to play one year !! If these guys would live with in their means that & what he has made to this point would last a life time but because they have to buy the Lambo & the $90 mill house & take care of all of the friends that come out of the wood work to party with them they blow it like TO did ! 

I can't imagine making $80 Mill in a career & being broke that's just plain ignorants !! 

Buffalo has one of the better cap scenarios going forward and can afford a hefty contract.  Buffalo is not a high FA destination for numerous reason.  They may be better off bringing a guy in and selling him for a season.  

12 hours ago, T master said:

Can't say as i blame them the guy is all about him & could care less about any one of his team mates that is the one thing i don't like about the new NFL i get wanting to get paid but when is enough enough ??

$14 million to play one year !! If these guys would live with in their means that & what he has made to this point would last a life time but because they have to buy the Lambo & the $90 mill house & take care of all of the friends that come out of the wood work to party with them they blow it like TO did ! 

I can't imagine making $80 Mill in a career & being broke that's just plain ignorants !! 

At the same time Pitts used Bell and a very high rate.  He was a 2nd rd pick so he is not making top money for his position.  Yes he would be making 14 mil this year only.  If he gets hurt he misses out on a large some of money.  The fact they offered him a 6 year deal with 10 mil guaranteed is laughable and Bell is right to hold out.  He wants some security like anybody else would.  

I don't think this guy's worth anywhere near what he's asking for and I don't think he's going to get it. He's good, but he plays a position that doesn't command top pay and has a short shelf-life. He was lucky to have the opportunity to get tagged again and he'll most likely regret this move as much as any team that comes close to meeting his demands will regret doing so.

I can’t believe how many people are so quick to just trade Shady.The guy is our runningback and finially has embraced being a Bill even though his heart is in Philly...The Bills have a build through the draft plan and I doubt part of it is trade draft picks for high priced veterans after being on the edge of being out of cap jail....GO BILLS!!!