Steelers listening to trade offers for Leveon Bell

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I think you are likely correct.  But there is no bad blood with another team, only the Steelers. He might decide the Franchise money is worth it.  I would rather keep shady though. 

You have a point, but I think the bottom line is Bell wants to get paid what he thinks he deserves.  Also, a team isn't likely to give away a first round pick and more unless they're locking him up.  That's what would make a deal for him so tough.  Bell might need to hit free agency & see firsthand that he's overvaluing himself before he can face that.

22 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Could the Bills even make this trade if they wanted to? 

Bell can can only play under the tag this year, correct?

When is the earliest they could sign him to a new deal? 

Cause if they can’t, they’d have to find other ways to move money around. 

The way these kinds of trades usually work is the new team and player quietly work out a contract before the trade is announced

14 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I dont think bell wants to play this year. He wants a large guaranteed contract before he retires not a one year franchise tag deal. 

He has to play at least 6 games or it will not count as a year of service and he can be tagged again at the same price he is now

1 hour ago, Buffalo86 said:

Bell wouldn't accept a trade without a new deal being worked out.  He'd go Darwin Walker.

He is on the franchise tag which can not be changed at this time.  Any team trading him would have to pay QB # next year with a third franchise tag or risk losing him.  No guarantee he will sign with the team that trades for him.

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Everyone against Bell has to be blind. 

The guy is a force who knows what he’s worth.    

Amazing back who lost the window on a fair, long term deal. Now he will be chasing the coin. Dude has already lost 885k times 3 this season. Next year he is 28.