Is shaq lawson a bust?

Shaq Lawson, Whaley Bust or Not?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is Shaq Lawson a total bust?

33 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yea or Nay

Unfamiliar with the use of the term "Badger" here, but since "a whole pack of Badgers" is usually a pretty good football team, imma say he's not that.

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

He is a shining WhaleyRyan gem.

Not to mention the Buffalo Bills medical staff that signed off on him

28 minutes ago, CoachT said:

I don't usually write guys off, this early but I haven't seen anything special from him. DL usually flash their potential early.

I actually havent seen any flashes from our rookie DT either.

He’s always the last one off the ball...that’s something special that I have seen from him.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He was the 19th overall pick in the draft and this is his third year in the league.  He has had almost no impact other than being decent at setting the edge on run downs.  He can't get to the passer and that is what you need from defensive ends in the NFL.  Yes, he is an obvious bust. 

Another obvious pick that the Bills messed up.  We should have taken Darron Lee who went one pick later.  Just like Maybin over Orakpo and Whitner over Ngata.

Agreed although IMO Lee isn't anything special either. Not a lot of impact in NY; he comes off as another Kiko Alonso.

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not to mention the Buffalo Bills medical staff that signed off on him

Forgot about that.  Shoulder was it?  Maybe there was permanent damage that inhibits him to this day.  Yeah bust.  Stops the run, ok, but he was there to be a pass rusher

I mean, some of us predicted he'd be right about where he is - so in that sense, no, but objectively yes, certainly at this point in his career.  Maybe he can find a place for himself in this league but I've yet to see anything from him that suggests he's anything more than a nice rotational effort guy.

7 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Forgot about that.  Shoulder was it?  Maybe there was permanent damage that inhibits him to this day.  Yeah bust.  Stops the run, ok, but he was there to be a pass rusher

Yeah, it was called out as a risk on him pre-draft, but we took him in the 1st anyway saying our medical staff had cleared him.

Next thing we knew, he supposedly aggrevated his "cleared" shoulder doing a swim move during a non-contact drill and "agreed to" surgery as the "best thing" for the team (!!!!)

• Like (+1) 1