Report: Gruden's Scouting System Led to Divide in Raiders' Building

26CornerBlitz

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mark Davis will ultimately regret his decision to bring Gruden back. 

The length and richness of the contract didn't make sense. It had more to do with generating interest in Oakland's last years and in Vegas. Too much emphasis was directed toward the cult of personality than with building a well rounded professional organization.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

I don’t know. When I look at his haircut, I doubt Mark Davis is capable of regretting anything. 

I think Mark Davis just made the best relocation move in the history of the league.

The Las Vegas location is a gigantic opportunity for corporate sponsorship. Every hotel has to have a suite and every hotel's suite will have to be better than the other ones.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg. He will make a vast fortune from that new stadium and he got Vegas to pretty much pay him to do it.

That haircut is camouflage. Mark Davis is smart. You heard it here first! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I think Mark Davis just made the best relocation move in the history of the league.

The Las Vegas location is a gigantic opportunity for corporate sponsorship. Every hotel has to have a suite and every hotel's suite will have to be better than the other ones.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg. He will make a vast fortune from that new stadium and he got Vegas to pretty much pay him to do it.

That haircut is camouflage. Mark Davis is smart. You heard it here first! 

What was his wonderlic? 

But smart of not, he's only as good as the people he has running and playing in his organization. 

Still, it makes me wonder what kind of owner Einstein would have been. I'm thinking meddler. Like, to an atomic degree. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

What was his wonderlic? 

But smart of not, he's only as good as the people he has running and playing in his organization. 

Still, it makes me wonder what kind of owner Einstein would have been. I'm thinking meddler. Like, to an atomic degree. 

Well my remark was more about his business sense. I am not yet sure what kind of football mind he has.

However if you read up on him, he has a football focused background. To the degree he used to have players as roommates.

So who kniows how good he is at that part but he has had ample opportunity to learn plus he really likes it.

And this is unfair but without checking I think it is safe to say that bowl head haircut looking doofus has been outdoing whatever crop of geniuses we bring in since he got control of the team.

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Well my remark was more about his business sense. I am not yet sure what kind of football mind he has.

However if you read up on him, he has a football focused background. To the degree he used to have players as roommates.

So who kniows how good he is at that part but he has had ample opportunity to learn plus he really likes it.

And this is unfair but without checking I think it is safe to say that bowl head haircut looking doofus has been outdoing whatever crop of geniuses we bring in since he got control of the team.

Pfff talking out your wrong end, again.

Davis is a buffoon who is openly clowned by other owners. He can barely dress himself. He inherited his team from his daddy.

Even the Vegas deal, wherein he betrayed one of the most loyal fanbases in the league, was engineered by Jerry Jones and Sheldon Adelson.

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Is there a chance one of us is taking this exchange much more seriously than the other? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Gruden at his best fill holes with Vets and finds immediate but very short success...his drafts are terrible, he has no patience for rookies and his teams age quickly.  Then when he gets mired in mediocrity or worse(of his own doing) he doesn't have the patience for it and steps down or gets fired...that is his MO.

This sounds a lot like Rex Ryan.

50 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Pfff talking out your wrong end, again.

Davis is a buffoon who is openly clowned by other owners. He can barely dress himself. He inherited his team from his daddy.

Even the Vegas deal, wherein he betrayed one of the most loyal fanbases in the league, was engineered by Jerry Jones and Sheldon Adelson.

Says you

52 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Is there a chance one of us is taking this exchange much more seriously than the other? 

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Gruden failed in Tampa Bay for one massive...MASSIVE...reason.  And that was he completely lost the trust of the locker room.  Players especially felt he was two faced and would lie to them or throw them under the bus.  There is nothing worse ever for a coach at any level than to lose the trust of the guys out there playing for you and the staff around you.  

I have to say, I am surprised Gruden has gone back down these paths, I would have thought his time away and how things ended in TB would have helped learn from those past mistakes.  This Raiders and Gruden reunion is off to a very bad start on the field, and now its getting even worse off the field.  If something doesn't change and change fast, then this $100M experiment (mistake) is going to explode badly.  

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:54 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

And while there is no animosity with GM Reggie McKenzie -- quite the opposite -- it's clear to many of the scouts who signed on to work for McKenzie that Gruden is listening mostly to those in his circle.

By "many", do they mean McKenzie's own brother Raleigh?

McKenzie has produced 1 winning team in his seven seasons in Oak.  Just sayin...