Sign in to follow this  
Dablitzkrieg

Shady unlikely to play

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Jesus wtf are you here

Why is Jesus here? There’s an entire book written about it. We’ll wait if you want to catch up.

• Haha 1

I wonder if Ivory will get the bulk. I would think the more physical guy would be helpful against a Defense like the Vikings. Murphy is real good but I think they want the hammer against this front.

I don't think its going to matter.  Shady has been pretty much invalid for us the last two games.  Cant see him doing much this game either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

How can cartilage, which is a soft tissue, be "cracked"?

Depends on the type.  The one where the rib articulates is I believe fibrocartilage.  Much more fibrous than hyaline and can crack

Sad, but I am unmoved by this news.

So far this season, I see little difference between Shady and his back-ups.

That could be a good thing or a bad thing. I am not sure which at this point.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

If McCoy is out, this could be ugly tomorrow. 

It will be ugly with or without him.  What has he done this season?  Zero impact behind this horrible O-line.

Edited by Azucho98

Eh, McCoy has done nothing yet.  Ivory and Murphy are more north/south runners so maybe they are more suited for this game anyway. 

McCoy hasn't done much so far this year so let's see how Murphy does with a bigger load

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just bet Allen to throw for more than 250 Yards at 11-1 odds... 

Only $10 not $5,000 though..

Maybe worth a flier, but I think you lose this bet.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like it’s ivory. But Murphy is more in the style of shady, so have to think he will play a lot in his role.

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1043729421683777537?s=21

I think Ivory is more in the style of an RB who will grind take the punishment needed to make a few yards per play behind our line. 

Shady is looking for the hole, and there ain't one.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Ivory is more in the style of an RB who will grind take the punishment needed to make a few yards per play behind our line. 

Shady is looking for the hole, and there ain't one.

Ivory is also a better pass blocker, seems to be something Murphy isn't good at yet and will limit his reps

31 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Maybe worth a flier, but I think you lose this bet.

Good odds on that, if only for the likelihood that the Bills will be getting blown out by the end of the 1st quarter.

Edited by JoPar_v2

Good. Now the Bills will get a chance to see that they'd be better without McCoy.

Murphy and Ivory will hit the holes.

Just watch...

9 hours ago, Bangarang said:

That $5000 I bet on the Vikings is looking pretty good 

Bills are treating Vikings like a bye week, resting any one with the slightest injury. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't think its going to matter.  Shady has been pretty much invalid for us the last two games.  Cant see him doing much this game either.

Yeah but ALL running games and running attacks don't kill it every week. If McCoy is injured, fine, sit him, but to say he doesn't contribute, come on now. Anyway I feel we need to see some TWO backs sets on offense and use Shady more for the passing game, especially in the first half while Ivory pounds it. If, if, if, the OLine does run bock better then the defense should be softened up on the 2nd half to use him more down the middle. Why can't Daboll keep the defenses guessing a bit? 

5 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Good. Now the Bills will get a chance to see that they'd be better without McCoy.

Murphy and Ivory will hit the holes.

Just watch...

What holes?  There haven't been many in the 1st two weeks. 

9 hours ago, Bangarang said:

That $5000 I bet on the Vikings is looking pretty good 

I like Shady 

But

He’s not done a lot lately and when he has HOLDING 

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBH, unless a miracle has occurred with the Bills run blocking, I don't think it makes that much difference. 

McCoy had 39 yds rushing on 9 attempts, but that's really 1 rush for 27 yards, and 8 rushes for a total of 11 yards or 1.4 ypc

Ivory and Murphy managed 2.6 ypc (13 yds on 5 rushes)

Sure, the 27 yd play mattered, but the bread-and-butter of moving the chains is not being done by the Bills RBs at this time.

It doesn't work like that.  You can make anyone look like an All-Pro or a complete bum if you "just take out" all their best or worst plays.

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

Yeah but ALL running games and running attacks don't kill it every week. If McCoy is injured, fine, sit him, but to say he doesn't contribute, come on now. Anyway I feel we need to see some TWO backs sets on offense and use Shady more for the passing game, especially in the first half while Ivory pounds it. If, if, if, the OLine does run bock better then the defense should be softened up on the 2nd half to use him more down the middle. Why can't Daboll keep the defenses guessing a bit? 

Define killing it?  I don't expect Shady to run for 100+ yards every game.  Right now he is averaging 30 yards per game and a career low yards per attempt.  That's terrible.  There are factors.  Scheme, talent on oline, Shady is on the downside of his career.  My point is not any of that though.  My point is that I don't think he will really be missed this week from a production stand point.