Shady unlikely to play

Dablitzkrieg

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Ivory is more in the style of an RB who will grind take the punishment needed to make a few yards per play behind our line. 

Shady is looking for the hole, and there ain't one.

Ivory is also a better pass blocker, seems to be something Murphy isn't good at yet and will limit his reps

31 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Maybe worth a flier, but I think you lose this bet.

Good odds on that, if only for the likelihood that the Bills will be getting blown out by the end of the 1st quarter.

Edited by JoPar_v2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't think its going to matter.  Shady has been pretty much invalid for us the last two games.  Cant see him doing much this game either.

Yeah but ALL running games and running attacks don't kill it every week. If McCoy is injured, fine, sit him, but to say he doesn't contribute, come on now. Anyway I feel we need to see some TWO backs sets on offense and use Shady more for the passing game, especially in the first half while Ivory pounds it. If, if, if, the OLine does run bock better then the defense should be softened up on the 2nd half to use him more down the middle. Why can't Daboll keep the defenses guessing a bit? 

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBH, unless a miracle has occurred with the Bills run blocking, I don't think it makes that much difference. 

McCoy had 39 yds rushing on 9 attempts, but that's really 1 rush for 27 yards, and 8 rushes for a total of 11 yards or 1.4 ypc

Ivory and Murphy managed 2.6 ypc (13 yds on 5 rushes)

Sure, the 27 yd play mattered, but the bread-and-butter of moving the chains is not being done by the Bills RBs at this time.

It doesn't work like that.  You can make anyone look like an All-Pro or a complete bum if you "just take out" all their best or worst plays.

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

Yeah but ALL running games and running attacks don't kill it every week. If McCoy is injured, fine, sit him, but to say he doesn't contribute, come on now. Anyway I feel we need to see some TWO backs sets on offense and use Shady more for the passing game, especially in the first half while Ivory pounds it. If, if, if, the OLine does run bock better then the defense should be softened up on the 2nd half to use him more down the middle. Why can't Daboll keep the defenses guessing a bit? 

Define killing it?  I don't expect Shady to run for 100+ yards every game.  Right now he is averaging 30 yards per game and a career low yards per attempt.  That's terrible.  There are factors.  Scheme, talent on oline, Shady is on the downside of his career.  My point is not any of that though.  My point is that I don't think he will really be missed this week from a production stand point.

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

It doesn't work like that.  You can make anyone look like an All-Pro or a complete bum if you "just take out" all their best or worst plays.

It depends on what you are trying to look at.  Spiller use to bang for -1 to 1 yards on most of his plays and then rip off a 50+ yard run.  That looked good on the raw stat line but that doesn't mean he performed well.  Spiller isn't even on a team anymore and he is still young.  

Ripping off a big run is great, but it only helps that one drive or even just 1 set of downs.  Raw stats are only awesome to fans and fantasy football.  What you want is a guy that can consistently help move the chains on most drives... not just one.  Our running game is constantly putting us in long situations.  Being able to run the football helps out a QB a lot.  Especially a rookie QB.  It doesn't allow defenses to pin their ears back and rush the passer.  It makes the defense account for a running back.  It keeps drives in 3rd and short situations.  It sets up play action. It keeps the offense on the field longer. There are a myriad of things it helps the QB and the team with.  McCoy isn't helping atm.