Micah Hyde's San Diego wife loves Buffalo

WhoTom

13 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Cold most of the year, lol

It's actually a very subjective issue.  Yes, someone who lives in San Diego will say it is too cold most of the year, and too hot and humid in the summer.  I have first hand experience with this issue having relatives who live in San Diego.  You simply cannot compare the climate, Buffalo has no chance, really.  Also, the climate has a lot to do with what a given city can offer its inhabitants.

On 9/22/2018 at 4:16 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

People who say that 'there is nothing to do in Buffalo', have a very narrow reference frame on what is 'good', or 'entertaining' in life.

I find people who make statements like yours to have the narrow reference frame.  If you are looking for blue collar "things to do", Buffalo is as good as any and maybe even better than most.  If, however, you are looking for more "culture" such as art or plays, or clubs and other high end party nightlife, or 5 star cuisine other than wings and Italian, and so on,  Buffalo is probably not going to be your cup of tea. It all depends on what you are are looking for and enjoy doing. 

Personally I would prefer Buffalo to say NYC, but there are others who would go the other way.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The one thing I will say about Buffalo that may creep some out is the lack of recognizable chains. I understand the local joints are cherished and the food is actually better. It's just odd for an outsider.

I remember wanting to get something from Taco Bell and my cousins laughed and said there may be one downtown.(They live in Hamburg)

My expectations were low man. All I wanted was a damn Chalupa!

29 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Tell us about you life in the Midwest. ≤SNARK≥

My life is great, because I'm married to a cool chick who's from WNY (as am I).

As for the Midwest ... it's OK. Not great, but OK.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/22/2018 at 4:16 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

People who say that 'there is nothing to do in Buffalo', have a very narrow reference frame on what is 'good', or 'entertaining' in life.

To be fair I think it’s the opposite. The broader the reference frame and the more variety you seek the more likely the disappointment.

for example if you’re a pro athlete looking for 30 high end night clubs full of rockstars, scores of 10s, actors rappers and sports stars, you’re not finding it

if you’re looking for tons of high end sports car dealers tough luck.

grub hub, uber, Whole Foods, all the newest lastest and greatest stuff maybe some of that is just arriving there a decade later than the major metro areas 

bajillions of 5 star hotels and restaurants... not there.  A few here and there many more Mom and pop smaller less swanky but just fine restaurants. 

i think that’s usually what these guys refer to. 

Its not the every day joe stuff to do, (McDonalds, Walmart, TWO shopping malls!!!, the local pub) there is all of that. It’s the independently wealthy 20 year old exotic out of the norm and trendy stuff to do. 

The difference is real. I’m just not sure why people get defensive about it. You like what you like. And so does everyone else. 

On 9/24/2018 at 10:05 AM, PeterDude said:

It's actually a very subjective issue.  Yes, someone who lives in San Diego will say it is too cold most of the year, and too hot and humid in the summer.  I have first hand experience with this issue having relatives who live in San Diego.  You simply cannot compare the climate, Buffalo has no chance, really.  Also, the climate has a lot to do with what a given city can offer its inhabitants.

id say outside of Guadalajara, mx, you can also claim some pretty fanfrickingtasic Mexican food, which I could just IV all day long. 

And one of the cooler aiports I’ve been through 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

17 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The point is that Buffalo has all of those things. It's not some dump.

If you want more, that is a flight to anywhere, away.

People forget how close and accessible Toronto is for these guys when they wanna live it up at the clubs and enjoy the big city life.  People also forget about how much these guys enjoy hanging at the Sundowner right over the border.   

On 9/22/2018 at 6:37 PM, PeterDude said:

Buffalo cannot hold a candle to San Diego in any measure, sorry.  She is saying what Buffalonian's want to hear, that's all. He sister is a lot cuter than her.

Wrong. Lived there for 13 years, and wife is from there. We moved to Buffalo 9 years ago, and will never go back.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/23/2018 at 5:46 PM, leonbus23 said:

It's just more difficult to do things in Buffalo because it's cold most of the year. It's just tougher day to day living for a host of reasons. San Diego sucks for other reasons, but everyday is nice and open to do stuff in Diego. 

This is a major crock of shart. If you prefer summer activities all year long San Diego is your place, but Buffalo very rarely stops anyone from enjoying outdoor life.

3 minutes ago, Sanners said:

This is a major crock of shart. If you prefer summer activities all year long San Diego is your place, but Buffalo very rarely stops anyone from enjoying outdoor life.

It’s all a matter of opinion. Quite frankly, I think San Diego might be too cool to be my preference. I like warm weather. I’m heading to Wisconsin in a couple days to see the Bills play, and my brother in law there would find San Diego much too warm. There’s not a right or wrong here, except for the people who disagree with me. ?