Micah Hyde's San Diego wife loves Buffalo

WhoTom

51 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

All places are definitely not the same.

There are all kinds of opportunities presented in large cities that are completely lacking in WNY.

Having said that, there is certainly stuff to do in WNY, and suggesting that there is "nothing" to do there is wrong.

Don't forget Pegula trying to hire Mike Babcock to coach the Sabres.

There was much to do about his wife not wanting to leave Detroit...

Turns out she was OK moving to TO apparently.

What I meant was there are things to do everywhere.  When a place is new its exciting there are things to do..but eventually eventually every place is pretty much the same in that regard.  

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

People who say that 'there is nothing to do in Buffalo', have a very narrow reference frame on what is 'good', or 'entertaining' in life.

As someone who isn’t from Buffalo. I have to say I love visiting up there. I have a second property a little past windham in a small town, and there is truly nothing to do there. That’s where me, and my family hunt. The closest shopping mall is in Albany. I currently live on Long Island 20 minutes from the Hamptons and it’s nothing special.

Edited by Captain Murica

1 hour ago, Skins Malone said:

All places are the same imo.  Theres things to do everywhere it's just whether you want to do them.  People get way to sensitive around here.  Who cares what people say about Buffalo.  

Exactly.  Be happy he made his kid there!

1 hour ago, Skins Malone said:

All places are the same imo.  Theres things to do everywhere it's just whether you want to do them.  People get way to sensitive around here.  Who cares what people say about Buffalo.  

All places are NOT the same.  The question is whether things missing are worth not taking a job which for most players is at most 6 months of a year.  If you have an alternate which pays nearly as well then take the job which makes you and your family the happiest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know about her, but Micah Hyde has lived in Fostoria, Oh, Iowa City, and Green Bay, WI. I guarantee orchard park ny is the nicest place he’s ever lived and Buffalo has more to do than any of his previous addresses.

Pretty sure in the offseason they are in San Diego though. 

Just now, Helpmenow said:

Lived in San Diego for six years, overcrowded place full of 

...took the gang there for vacation in 2006 and stayed in LaJolla......absolutely gorgeous.......expensive?.....new construction houses at 2,000 sq ft were $1.6 mil or $800/sq ft.....they say that if 80% of residents weren't grandfathered in, there's no way in hell they could afford to live there today...........

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. 

I lived in Boston for a while, and there’s 5 different events/activities/things going on for each of the 10 things you’re into every week. In Buffalo there are less options. Depth is a little lacking if you will. 

Ive lived a bunch of places. I love Buffalo, it’s always been home, and is now too. It definitely gets a bad rap, it’s not the worst place, it has a ton going for it, I dig it, but it’s also not the absolute best, like some homers like to say it is. 

Problem with boston:

It's full of Mass-holes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...took the gang there for vacation in 2006 and stayed in LaJolla......absolutely gorgeous.......expensive?.....new construction houses at 2,000 sq ft were $1.6 mil or $800/sq ft.....they say that if 80% of residents weren't grandfathered in, there's no way in hell they could afford to live there today...........

You need to go where the others live besides the coast line. 

Edited by Helpmenow
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. 

I lived in Boston for a while, and there’s 5 different events/activities/things going on for each of the 10 things you’re into every week. In Buffalo there are less options. Depth is a little lacking if you will. 

Ive lived a bunch of places. I love Buffalo, it’s always been home, and is now too. It definitely gets a bad rap, it’s not the worst place, it has a ton going for it, I dig it, but it’s also not the absolute best, like some homers like to say it is. 

Correct.  As someone who's left but visits often, has tons of family there and is aware of the progress Buffalo has made, I will defend Buffalo when people s**t on it but there also exists this "look at us, we've arrived, we have a few food trucks, our population is stagnant rather than it plummeting every year, there's so much to do here now, it's just like Brooklyn" mentality in Buffalo that I think some people need to pump the brakes on a little bit.  OK, a lot.  The truth is most definitely in the middle.  Yes, it does not suck, if you can't find anything to do, you need to look in the mirror.  But if you are used to living in a bigger city, it's still a little hokey and your options are rather limited.

Edited by metzelaars_lives
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Buffalo cannot hold a candle to San Diego in any measure, sorry.  She is saying what Buffalonian's want to hear, that's all. He sister is a lot cuter than her.

You can’t compare coastal cities to rust belts. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LOL......when the Sabres wanted to re-sign Drury, his wife threatened him......Ralph Wilson in desperation mode offered Cowher $10 mil a year and his late wife said no way would she live in Buffalo......

Hindsight being 20/20, I guess she was right after all……..

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

As a white guy married to a beautiful Thai, Indian, Hawaiian, Chinese, and Portuguese woman, I'll just say...

Well done Micah 

Tom-Hardy-ClapWink.gif

I don't think Micah is white.

Edited by cba fan

Grew up in the south towns, went to college in central New York, lived in Buffalo from my early 20s - early 30s, and have lived in Ann Arbor, Houston, and now New Orleans. People who say there’s nothing to do in Buffalo aren’t looking too hard. I had my share of fun in my 20s and 30s, and there’s more to do now than there was then.

The thing that is indisputable, whether you love the place or not, is that 4-6 months out of the year it is gray. I didn’t realize until I moved to Houston just how gray it was and how much sunlight makes a difference to me. 

Love Buffalo, but cannot see myself ever living there again willingly. 

Edited by transient
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, transient said:

Grew up in the south towns, went to college in central New York, lived in Buffalo from my early 20s - early 30s, and have lived in Ann Arbor, Houston, and now New Orleans. People who say there’s nothing to do in Buffalo aren’t looking too hard. I had my share of fun in my 20s and 30s, and there’s more to do now than there was then.

The things that is indisputable, whether you love the place or not, is that 4-6 months out of the year it is gray. I didn’t realize until I moved to Houston just how gray it was and how much sunlight makes a difference to me. 

Love Buffalo, but cannot see myself ever living there again willingly. 

I wouldn’t want to do it full time (for a variety of reasons), but I lived in a place that now has relatively nice and affordable condos. Last weekend I was back, looking around thinking summers and a week or two in the winter? Life could be much worse than a little cherry picking.