Micah Hyde's San Diego wife loves Buffalo

WhoTom

5 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

No mention of there being "nothing else to do..." ?

...LOL......when the Sabres wanted to re-sign Drury, his wife threatened him......Ralph Wilson in desperation mode offered Cowher $10 mil a year and his late wife said no way would she live in Buffalo......

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

People who say that 'there is nothing to do in Buffalo', have a very narrow reference frame on what is 'good', or 'entertaining' in life.

...LMAO...Marshawn found ways, right?......or maybe Drag Racin' Dareus?......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Miami Beach nightclubs notwithstanding, what is it that doesn't exist in Buffalo that fuels people's perception that there is nothing to do?

We could use a Korean restaurant in the South towns, but other than that I've never had a problem with finding something to do in my 17 years here.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, yall said:

Miami Beach nightclubs notwithstanding, what is it that doesn't exist in Buffalo that fuels people's perception that there is nothing to do?

We could use a Korean restaurant in the South towns, but other than that I've never had a problem with finding something to do in my 17 years here.

Riverworks is a pretty damn cool place to go if you have "nothing" to do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Skins Malone said:

All places are the same imo.  Theres things to do everywhere it's just whether you want to do them.  

All places are definitely not the same.

There are all kinds of opportunities presented in large cities that are completely lacking in WNY.

Having said that, there is certainly stuff to do in WNY, and suggesting that there is "nothing" to do there is wrong.

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LOL......when the Sabres wanted to re-sign Drury, his wife threatened him......Ralph Wilson in desperation mode offered Cowher $10 mil a year and his late wife said no way would she live in Buffalo......

Don't forget Pegula trying to hire Mike Babcock to coach the Sabres.

There was much to do about his wife not wanting to leave Detroit...

Turns out she was OK moving to TO apparently.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, yall said:

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. 

I lived in Boston for a while, and there’s 5 different events/activities/things going on for each of the 10 things you’re into every week. In Buffalo there are less options. Depth is a little lacking if you will. 

Ive lived a bunch of places. I love Buffalo, it’s always been home, and is now too. It definitely gets a bad rap, it’s not the worst place, it has a ton going for it, I dig it, but it’s also not the absolute best, like some homers like to say it is. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People say there's not much to do around here in VA, but you can find pretty much any scene you want in Richmond, VA. There's also a beach about an hour and a half away with VA Beach being a decent spot. It's not South Beach around here, it's not LA, it's not NO, or NYC, but nowhere is except those places. It just depends what you want in life with anywhere you are. If you want to rub elbows with the rich and famous then Buffalo isn't for you most likely, just like Richmond isn't for you. There are still people and plenty to get into though I'm sure. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I lived in Boston for a while, and there’s 5 different events/activities/things going on for each of the 10 things you’re into every week. In Buffalo there are less options. Depth is a little lacking if you will. 

Ive lived a bunch of places. I love Buffalo, it’s always been home, and is now too. It definitely gets a bad rap, it’s not the worst place, it has a ton going for it, I dig it, but it’s also not the absolute best, like some homers like to say it is. 

Yeah but we also dont have to live an hour and a half outside the city and ride the commuter train in to go places because parking is $40 a pop.

I just was in Boston a few weeks ago for vacation and driving is utterly terrible there. Better leave your house an hour before you think you need to if you have to be anywhere at a certain time.

So yes there might be less to do here but there is also far less wasted time stuck in traffic or commuting as well.

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't think anyone is saying Buffalo is the "best" or comparing it to a major metropolitan area like NYC or Boston.

I've lived in small towns, rural areas and large cities and know what "nothing to do" is really like. Buffalo, is not that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

People get way to sensitive around here.  Who cares what people say about Buffalo.  

I wasn't offended by Jordan Matthews' remark - in fact, I thought it was pretty funny. 

For the record, I don't care what people say about where I'm from or where I live now.

9 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I wasn't offended by Jordan Matthews' remark - in fact, I thought it was pretty funny. 

For the record, I don't care what people say about where I'm from or where I live now.

I was offended.  He couldn't mention drinking?

33 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

No mention of there being "nothing else to do..." ?

Not as offended as I am at this though.  Jesus, Micah...who the hell wears those brown shoes with that tux? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Not as offended as I am at this though.  Jesus, Micah...who the hell wears those brown shoes with that tux? 

I wore something similar to my HS prom, I’m ashamed to say. Somehow he pulls it off a bit better. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Some folks are fine with Crocheting and Friday night bingo ! Hairdresser Friday mornings , Tea , scones and cribbage wednesday at the Ladies  Social down at the VFW
 Perhaps Mrs Hyde is one of those fine folks the world could use more of .

there is always something to do no matter who you ,or where you are. just different somethings.

10 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I didn't even notice the shoes. Must've been distracted by something else...

and that is DCToms fine humor at work 

17 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I don't care. I'm not offended over someone's ignorance about the city.

Did I say you specifically were?  You know as well as I that people get very sensitive when things are said about Buffalo.  And why are you then saying hes ignorant.  Maybe Buffalo just wasn't for him.  So what?  Everyone has a right to their opinion.  

Edited by Skins Malone