Playing Bills is like having an extra quasi-byeweek

Inigo Montoya

22 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Dalvin Cook is sitting this week.  I think we will see this more and more moving forward where teams take advantage of a Bills game on the schedule to rest their starters with any type of an injury.

Aka OP is angry b.c they have cook on their fantasy roster.

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If the players are just riding the pine and not inactive, they can get back up.

If the intent ahead of time is to rest them the one has to assume they would be inactive.  

That is and was my point. 

Only if they sit them after the half can they come back in.  

If you walk into a game thinking it’s a guaranteed win and not start your best guys it’s a recipe for disaster. 

Don’t be fooled by the Vegas line. 

Minny is not the Pats 

I'd be really surprised if the bills are as bad tomorrow as they've been the last 2 weeks. Whatever they did defensively in the 2nd half last week, they will continue to do. I'm not about to say the bills will win tomorrow, but I think it'll be closer than most think 

21 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think playing the Bills this week makes that decision easier for them.  

That’s my point.

My point is that even if they were playing KC, NE, or Jax, they would be sitting him....he get a full week rest and after that Thursday night game, gets another 10 days to get better....I don't think playing the Bills changes anything....

7 hours ago, loedward22 said:

I don't think this is as dumb as seemingly everyone is suggesting.  Actually OP I would absolutely believe a team playing us would rest certain players for that game.  Smart people made the argument against us getting Mack saying a player like that is great but doesn't actually lead to wins.  I've heard this about Bell in Pittsburgh as well.  If you have even a good player rest against us I don't think it would have a chance at changing the outcome.  17 points?  That's a ridiculous spread that all but guarantees a loss.  

I thought of this while watching one of the football commentary shows last week and they were discussing Aaron Rodgers' bad knee.  If the Bills crap the bed again against the Vikings, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Kizer started for the Packers when they play the Bills.

42 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If the intent ahead of time is to rest them the one has to assume they would be inactive.  

That is and was my point. 

Only if they sit them after the half can they come back in.  

If you walk into a game thinking it’s a guaranteed win and not start your best guys it’s a recipe for disaster. 

Don’t be fooled by the Vegas line. 

Minny is not the Pats 

First of all, while it's likely a player a team intended to rest would be inactive, there's no rule that he has to be.   He could just not start.

Secondly, there's a big difference between covering the spread and actually winning.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The last was because the $5k bet thread was locked 

Okay.  That makes more sense.  I thought that you were equating a team covering the spread as winning the game.  Maybe to gamblers it is, but to team fans, it's sort of "whoopty doo".

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Vikings took a bye week 

Sorry man. I had too. 

you know they did. classic trap game if there ever was one. they are now kicking themselves in the ass because they have two road games p next against two very tough opponents.

Edited by Foxx

On 9/22/2018 at 4:06 PM, The_Dude said:

Honestly it’s why I wouldn’t play McCoy. 

We have NO shot at winning. Why bust McCoy’s ribs even further?

Lets do a tactical retreat in an effort to at least win one game. 

So tell me.....How stupid do you feel right about now???

• Thank you (+1) 1