Playing Bills is like having an extra quasi-byeweek

Inigo Montoya

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This frightens me.  Honestly. 

When Daboll came up with all sorts of trickery and looks the opponent had never seen before in the first 2 games, our guys seemed to play as though they've never seen it before either.  It seemed far better at fooling us than deceiving them.

There was that one play with Foster that was pretty good.

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Thats what happens when your talent level is several notches below the opposition's.

I know we have gaps, but I'm honestly not persuaded that's the real story.  I think Daboll is outsmarting himself at times with layer upon layer of attempted deception.

FWIW I just spent (Irefusetoadmithowlong) looking at all the RB plays in the Chargers game, so I'm not speaking without having looked carefully.

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

I think they're sitting Cook just as a precaution....the Vikes are playing the Thursday night game in WK4 against the Rams and don't want to push him too much...I don't think it has anything to do with playing the Bills....

I think playing the Bills this week makes that decision easier for them.  

That’s my point.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This frightens me.  Honestly. 

When Daboll came up with all sorts of trickery and looks the opponent had never seen before in the first 2 games, our guys seemed to play as though they've never seen it before either.  It seemed far better at fooling us than deceiving them.

I'm putting the Ravens coaching staff at second dumbest in the league so far. They play Lamar Jackson trick plays a LOT more often than I would have imagined.. and both quarterbacks Iook miserable. They both know it's a waste of a down. And Lamar Jackson has to trot on the field pretending to look super pumped for one play, Flacco lines out wide or at the HB position, or takes the snap... And stands. And then Lamar jogs back after a -1 yard play pretending to look determined and focused to do better. And Flacco goes back to the huddle on 3rd and long.

This all happens at LEAST once every possession. And it's just the wildcat... with 2 crappy blockers.. because the wildcat's success is predicated on having 11 great blockers on the field.

And we got blown out by these geniuses

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

After my cat batted the mouse around for 30 minutes she put the mouse under her back paw in order to lick her front paw in triumph, fans of the mouse saw this half second of paw shift as a near victory for the mouse

So do you think the changes made by the Bills defensively with McD calling plays had nothing to do with holding them to 3 points after that? Or that Allen showing flashes of his potential was only made possible by chargers taking a ? ? All I’m saying is there were reasons to have some hope, and not solely due to the Chargers. I might eat these words come Sunday, but I’ll admit it if so.

27 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The Chargers declared it total garbagetime midway through the second quarter and laughed and let the Bills try to put on big boy pants the last 2.5 quarters

This is exactly what did not happen.  Ravens?  Yes.  Chargers?  No. 

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

So do you think the changes made by the Bills defensively with McD calling plays had nothing to do with holding them to 3 points after that? Or that Allen showing flashes of his potential was only made possible by chargers taking a ? ? All I’m saying is there were reasons to have some hope, and not solely due to the Chargers. I might eat these words come Sunday, but I’ll admit it if so.

I hope you’re right NoHuddle.

I’m hoping Allen matures and the game slows down for him and the rest of the team makes some big strides this season, but even then, I’m tempering my expectations.  I don’t see us breaking .500 this year, I’d be happy if the Bills would just be competitive by the end of the year.  They haven’t been so far.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Shoot, letting go of all that bitterness at that rate, ?you’d even need to find yourself a new user name! I’m more of a blast from the glory past guy myself if you couldn’t tell. 

My threads gone. Surprised it lasted as long as it did. "This thread is no longer contributing positively to the community" oh ya think? That thread killed brain cells.

So this has regained status the dumbest thread on the board.. but to be fair, ya could sit your hurt-not-injured RB that you want to get healthy, and this is the team to do it.

I just wanted Dalvin to feast for my fantasy team.. now I gotta get waiver wire scraps. Thanks for sucking TOO much Bills. So bad my running back has the best fantasy matchup for the season but gets rested cause his backup is going to feast instead.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Dalvin Cook is sitting this week.  I think we will see this more and more moving forward where teams take advantage of a Bills game on the schedule to rest their starters with any type of an injury.

Your father would be ashamed of you.

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I hope you’re right NoHuddle.

I’m hoping Allen matures and the game slows down for him and the rest of the team makes some big strides this season, but even then, I’m tempering my expectations.  I don’t see us breaking .500 this year, I’d be happy if the Bills would just be competitive by the end of the year.  They haven’t been so far.

They looked competitive in the second half last week. The game was not out of reach for a moment.

This game against the Vikings will tell us a lot, I think.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eyeball said:

Your father would be ashamed of you.

13 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Too far man. You know what Inigo does.

I’m starting to wonder if “Eyeball” has six fingers on his right hand....

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I feel bad for old-timers on this message board.

Utterly horrible threads like this just remind me of BBMB, especially in its waning years.

I'm a BBMB refugee and threads like this make me feel ashamed to be lumped in with disgraceful posts like the OP.

“Utterly horrible”

”ashamed”

”disgraceful”

Dear Transplant,

How dare I suggest that teams would consider resting their starters against the Bills this season.  I’m sure the fact the Vikings are playing the Bills this week had absolutely nothing to do with their decision to shut down Dalvin Cook for the week and let him rest up for a road game against the Rams next week.  Nothing at all.

In fact, Transplant, that notion is so utterly horrible, shameful, and disgraceful that I am giving myself a strong verbal reprimand and placing myself on Double Secret Probation as soon as I finish this post!

I am so grateful there are self-appointed stewards of anonymous chat board standards, like yourself, cruising around the internet in the wee hours of the morning who have the spare time and energy to feel offended and take umbrage at the posts of others.  It’s nice to see that all those years of being a Hall Monitor in high school weren’t a complete waste of time for you.

Some people would say that you are just trying to be a jerk, but I would defend you against that specious charge.  I don’t think you intentionally try to act like a jerk, I think it just comes to you naturally.

All my best,

Inigo   ?

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

“Utterly horrible”

”ashamed”

”disgraceful”

Dear Transplant,

How dare I suggest that teams would consider resting their starters against the Bills this season.  I’m sure the fact the Vikings are playing the Bills this week had absolutely nothing to do with their decision to shut down Dalvin Cook for the week and let him rest up for a road game against the Rams next week.  Nothing at all.

In fact, Transplant, that notion is so utterly horrible, shameful, and disgraceful that I am giving myself a strong verbal reprimand and placing myself on Double Secret Probation as soon as I finish this post!

I am so grateful there are self-appointed stewards of anonymous chat board standards, like yourself, cruising around the internet in the wee hours of the morning who have the spare time and energy to feel offended and take umbrage at the posts of others.  It’s nice to see that all those years of being a Hall Monitor in high school weren’t a complete waste of time for you.

Some people would say that you are just trying to be a jerk, but I would defend you against that specious charge.  I don’t think you intentionally try to act like a jerk, I think it just comes to you naturally.

All my best,

Inigo   ?

Jennifer-Lawrence-Thumbs-UpOkWhateverYea

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Your premise is just plain wrong. 

Teams purposefully resting starters? 

i know the scenario is a bit different but....

sometime back i remember the Bills having a shot at the playoffs. win and with a Jets loss, they were in but they had to win. not only did the Bills lose to a team holding out their star running back, the team we played, the Steelers, held out almost their entire starting line up. they beat us that day with mostly second stringers. not to mention sprinkled in were thrird stringers and even practice squad players. 

yes, it is not out of the realm of possibility.