Dumbest post of the year.  

I'd argue it's mine unfortunately

28 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Thanks for your kind words.     ?

Naw Inigo it's not as dumb as mine ^ 

LET'S MOVE THIS PARTY OVER THERE

• Haha (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Honestly if they're thinking like the OP is and REALLY make it a bye week. Like bench every good player.. and we win?? I'd be laughing so hard, would NEVER let a Vikings fan live it down. Maybe even troll a message board. And I'd celebrate a coaching decision more stupid than any of ours. It would be pure therapy.

I'd honestly be cleansed of all bills, Beane, Peterman bitterness. New slate. A FO dumber than us would be like.. comforting.

Shoot, letting go of all that bitterness at that rate, ?you’d even need to find yourself a new user name! I’m more of a blast from the glory past guy myself if you couldn’t tell. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Your premise is just plain wrong. 

Teams purposefully resting starters? 

I’d respectfully disagree Shady.

I think the fact they’re playing the Bills does factor into the personnel decisions that teams will make this year when they lace up against us.   If you know your star RB or whatever is dinged up, and you are facing the team with the best odds to be drafting first next year, how does that not play into it?

If they don’t sit outright, do they only play a few series or a half, more in line with a preseason game? Until the Bills become competitive, teams will take advantage of playing us and they will rest their stars whenever possible.

I don’t see where that’s a crazy notion.

15 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

Why did the Bills have to close the sewer that was the "Buffalo BIlls Message Board"? Look what has been wrought!

The Bills sucking is highly correlated to the forum sucking. As is the inverse. When we're good we're talking about every player on the roster.. every. Day. It's great.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I see it as a defeatist attitude 

what team would risk losing on purpose if there wasn’t a better choice?  

One mistake can cost a playoff spot. 

I grant you the point Shady, “any given Sunday...”

I still think until we become competitive and earn some respect in the league people are going to rest their starters against us.  I don’t think it’s a defeatist attitude, I think it’s just the opposite.  I think many will be confident they can beat us with their “B game”.

Gurley didn’t play a snap in the 4th quarter last week.  Don’t be surprised to see Diggs and Thielen riding the pine in the second half Sunday.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I don’t think we have enough talent on this roster to push many teams this year.  I doubt there will be more than two weeks in the entire season where the Bills are not at least two score under dogs.  

Jets (twice), Fins (twice), Bears, Titans, Colts, and possibly Jags since it's at home.  That's eight weeks where we'll probably be single digit underdogs.  

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It’s still an NFL roster. We saw the Bills win the 2nd half last week and make it a game. Take away some rookie mistakes by Allen which he will improve on, and instead we could be talking about one of the greatest comebacks ever. 

The Chargers declared it total garbagetime midway through the second quarter and laughed and let the Bills try to put on big boy pants the last 2.5 quarters

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I don’t think we have enough talent on this roster to push many teams this year.  I doubt there will be more than two weeks in the entire season where the Bills are not at least two score under dogs.  

Once Edmunds starts making teams pay for targeting him the D will likely improve quickly...

The offense...probably not so much. We lack any playmakers other than a 30 years old RB

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

We’ve all seen crazy happen before in this league, and I think that a desperate team can also be super dangerous—wouldn’t be surprised to see all sorts of trickery and looks they’ve never shown before just to try to jump on the Vikes early and set a tone for the game. Now if only Leslie could install a bounty system for Cousin’s head...oh wait, wrong coordinator 

This frightens me.  Honestly. 

When Daboll came up with all sorts of trickery and looks the opponent had never seen before in the first 2 games, our guys seemed to play as though they've never seen it before either.  It seemed far better at fooling us than deceiving them.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Shoot, letting go of all that bitterness at that rate, ?you’d even need to find yourself a new user name! I’m more of a blast from the glory past guy myself if you couldn’t tell. 

I'd name myself "MikeZimmerLostToaPracticeSquad"

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When Daboll came up with all sorts of trickery and looks the opponent had never seen before in the first 2 games, our guys seemed to play as though they've never seen it before either.  It seemed far better at fooling us than deceiving them.

Thats what happens when your talent level is several notches below the opposition's.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Point taken. It goes without saying they need to be able to run in their sleep whatever they trot out on game day—inexcusable if not. It is ironic though that the Foles “Philly Special” or Philly Philly, whichever iteration it is, was not a success in practice before Eagles ran it against Atlanta in the opener this year.