Playing Bills is like having an extra quasi-byeweek

Inigo Montoya

Dalvin Cook is sitting this week.  I think we will see this more and more moving forward where teams take advantage of a Bills game on the schedule to rest their starters with any type of an injury.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don’t think we have enough talent on this roster to push many teams this year.  I doubt there will be more than two weeks in the entire season where the Bills are not at least two score under dogs.  

• Sad 1

Silly comment.  Unless Minnesota rests all their starters they are going to play to win.  They may look past Buffalo, but all it takes is one bad hit to ruin a season.  This is the NFL, and the men on the field take every team, even the bad ones, seriously.

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It’s still an NFL roster. We saw the Bills win the 2nd half last week and make it a game. Take away some rookie mistakes by Allen which he will improve on, and instead we could be talking about one of the greatest comebacks ever. 

I sure hope you’re right.   I didn’t think that game was anywhere near as close as the score ended up reflecting.  The Bolts looked like they were playing prevent the entire 4th quarter.

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It’s still an NFL roster. We saw the Bills win the 2nd half last week and make it a game. Take away some rookie mistakes by Allen which he will improve on, and instead we could be talking about one of the greatest comebacks ever. 

Honestly if they're thinking like the OP is and REALLY make it a bye week. Like bench every good player.. and we win?? I'd be laughing so hard, would NEVER let a Vikings fan live it down. Maybe even troll a message board. And I'd celebrate a coaching decision more stupid than any of ours. It would be pure therapy.

I'd honestly be cleansed of all bills, Beane, Peterman bitterness. New slate. A FO dumber than us would be like.. comforting.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Honestly if they're thinking like the OP is and REALLY make it a bye week. Like bench every good player.. and we win?? I'd be laughing so hard, would NEVER let a Vikings fan live it down. Maybe even troll a message board. And I'd celebrate a coaching decision more stupid than any of ours. It would be pure therapy.

We’ve all seen crazy happen before in this league, and I think that a desperate team can also be super dangerous—wouldn’t be surprised to see all sorts of trickery and looks they’ve never shown before just to try to jump on the Vikes early and set a tone for the game. Now if only Leslie could install a bounty system for Cousin’s head...oh wait, wrong coordinator 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dumbest post of the year.  

Thanks for your kind words.     ?

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Dalvin Cook is sitting this week.  I think we will see this more and more moving forward where teams take advantage of a Bills game on the schedule to rest their starters with any type of an injury.

It's all fun and games until Cousins gets his leg rolled up and the,Vikings have to play Siemian the rest of the way. That kind of thing could cost someone a TON of money...

We'll see. We went through a brutal rough patch last year, with alot of the same narrative and finished 4-2 , only losing to NE. Well 4-3 including a super close and competitive road playoff game.

I think this team has a ton of heart and they laid down a solid foundation of guys that won't quit and motivate teammates. The 60 mil in dead cap is just killing us right now talent wise

Edited by JerseyBills