Buffalo works out 7 more

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Are you forgetting how bad Whaley's offensive lines were and that was with Wood, Glenn. He brought in guys like Chris Williams for 4 years at 13.5 with 5.5 mill guaranteed and the guy lasted 3 games! He also brought in bums like Doug Legursky.

It was Rex who wanted Incognito signed and Richie made a huge impact to both Wood, Glenn as they both elevated their play next to him. Rex was also chasing OT/OG La'el Collins who ended up signing with Dallas.   

It's my take that Juan Castillo the Bills O line coach/ run game coordinator is telling the Bill FO that he can get better results with the players on the roster. Something I find very hard to believe. Castillo should have been fired along with Dennison last year. 

Currently the Bills are ranked 29th in run blocking, 26th in rushing attempts, 25 in rushing yards. Man, what a far cry from last year when the team was 4th in attempts, 6th in rushing yards 15th in rushing TDs, 14th in YPC average. And two years ago the Buffalo Bills were #2 in rushing attempts, #1 in rushing yards and rushing TDs and yards per carry average.

Yeah, but 2 years ago, 3/5ths of our offensive line was different. 

We lost Glenn, Incognito and Wood. 

27 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah, but 2 years ago, 3/5ths of our offensive line was different. 

We lost Glenn, Incognito and Wood. 

...the Glenn trade was the only controllable.....and it may have been a premature one based on his injury history and forward prognosis.....at the same time, McBeane gambles on guys coming off injury (Murphy & Davis) which contradicts the Glenn trade IMO.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steve Billieve said:

Easy to do when half your pass plays turn into running plays.

Exactly what this years current team needs as Allen is a very mobile QB. A running game is a QBs best friend which is often stated by NFL people and it should be even more so for a rookie QB.

Allen would do so much better with a solid run game working for the offense as it would take so much pressure off him to be the entire offense. He could pick and choose his pass plays in a run option offense if the run game is working. 

It is imperative that this team go back to its run first roots and build a power run game. The Bills O line did look like they were better at run blocking over pass blocking in the preseason. Currently the 2018 Buffalo Bills are 29th in run blocking. 

I kept hearing all offseason from the Kool-Aid drinkers that losing Wood, Glenn and Incognito wasn't that big a deal. Well, it looks like a pretty big deal now. 

19 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Jeremiah Sirles had 14 starts for the Vikings in 2016-2017 in various positions (LG RT).

I'll cross my fingers.

Having started doesn't translate be being good.  Look at various players on the Bills, for instance, both current starters and reserves.

13 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Having started doesn't translate be being good.  Look at various players on the Bills, for instance, both current starters and reserves.

For sure it doesn't translate to being good.  I was just posting he has previous NFL game experience compared to a lot of the

players visiting that don't have any.  Also having experience on a team with a good OL could mean something.

19 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well, we know McDermott values versatile players.

19 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well, we know McDermott values versatile players.

any relation to that great pats player?.....or was that tippet? he is the cousin of former pat ronnie lippet?  pedigree here? 26 can you give some info?

On 9/21/2018 at 7:57 PM, No Place To Hyde said:

Bills tryouts reported today: CBs David Amerson, Demetri Goodson, Tony Lippett, Herb Waters; T/Gs Jeremiah Sirles, Matt Tobin; DT Garrison Smith.

Didnt see posted. Please merge if I missed.

Wasn't Lippett a WR for Michigan State, that some team tried to turn into a CB.

Wish they would sign:

T/G    Jeremiah Sirles

T/G    Matt Tobin

CB    Amerson

WR    Tanner Gentry (Bears practice squad - played at Wyoming)

C    J.C. Hassenauer (Falcons practice squad - played at Alabama)