Buffalo works out 7 more

BuffaloBillyG

9 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Jeremiah Sirles had 14 starts for the Vikings in 2016-2017 in various positions (LG RT).

I'll cross my fingers.

....and the "Carolina Connection".........

Panthers signed OL Jeremiah Sirles, formerly of the Vikings, to a one-year, $790,000 contract.

Sirles has experience at guard and tackle but will likely replace Andrew Norwell at left guard. Sirles played in 28 games and made 14 starts for the Vikings the last two seasons, with most of his time coming at left guard. Mar 23 - 11:44 AM

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I Wonder how many know what show that’s from 

And that the new scientist next door was the little girl from Water World 

An incredibly stupid show that tried to be smart and funny, but was the exact opposite?

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lippett can play WR too!

I'm sure they could wrangle up some packages for him.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

An incredibly stupid show that tried to be smart and funny, but was the exact opposite?

I'm sure they could wrangle up some packages for him.

It’s quirky for sure. 

But I have a high functioning autistic child and so I can relate to the characters.  

And Paige isn’t bad to look at either. 

Geeks are people too.  :) 

My agent, Tommy "Skippy" Brown usually makes these announcements but he is not available today as, according to his mom, he has to work a double shift at the DQ today so I find myself having to issue my own press releases and statements. Accordingly, for immediate release:

"The Bills have not yet asked me in for a workout at CB but I remain available should they decide to do so assuming they are willing to waive most, if not all of their health requirements. I feel my record over the past 10 years of never having allowed a single TD to a receiver I was covering says all that needs to be said about my ability to help this team. I realize that I have not had a single interception during that time but I chalk that up to lack of opportunity as I have not played a single game of football in 10 years. I did however intercept my 80 year old Dad at Dick's the other day, preventing him from buying what he thought was a pair of sweat pants but were actually boot-cut yoga pants, size 5. Interception wise, it may have been the highlight of my career."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

The Bills could really use Whaley for Pro Personnel  Director about now. Just keep him away from contracts.

Are you forgetting how bad Whaley's offensive lines were and that was with Wood, Glenn. He brought in guys like Chris Williams for 4 years at 13.5 with 5.5 mill guaranteed and the guy lasted 3 games! He also brought in bums like Doug Legursky.

It was Rex who wanted Incognito signed and Richie made a huge impact to both Wood, Glenn as they both elevated their play next to him. Rex was also chasing OT/OG La'el Collins who ended up signing with Dallas.   

It's my take that Juan Castillo the Bills O line coach/ run game coordinator is telling the Bill FO that he can get better results with the players on the roster. Something I find very hard to believe. Castillo should have been fired along with Dennison last year. 

Currently the Bills are ranked 29th in run blocking, 26th in rushing attempts, 25 in rushing yards. Man, what a far cry from last year when the team was 4th in attempts, 6th in rushing yards 15th in rushing TDs, 14th in YPC average. And two years ago the Buffalo Bills were #2 in rushing attempts, #1 in rushing yards and rushing TDs and yards per carry average. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ALF said:

The Bills could really use Whaley for Pro Personnel  Director about now. Just keep him away from contracts.

...still have my doubts he was the contract guy....personnel?....yes but finding what he was told to do versus being the decision maker......contracts were and still are in Overdorf's court as they have been since 2009 when he was made VP in charge of contracts administration and associated cap...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

David Amerson would be a nice player to kick the tires on considering how depleted the roster is at CB. Amerson was a second rounder from the Redskins in 2013, he was a bust there after 3 seasons he got cut, he was picked up by the Raiders in 2015 and turned in a great season. He signed a big contract in 2016 and produced well for them starting on that 2016 12-4 Raiders team. He got hurt in 2017 and was released probably not worth his big salary and easy to be cut on the third year of a big deal. He signed with the Chiefs but was cut before the season started. 

If he fits the scheme and the contract makes sense I would really not mind bringing him in. 

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Are you forgetting how bad Whaley's offensive lines were and that was with Wood, Glenn. He brought in guys like Chris Williams for 4 years at 13.5 with 5.5 mill guaranteed and the guy lasted 3 games! He also brought in bums like Doug Legursky.

It was Rex who wanted Incognito signed and Richie made a huge impact to both Wood, Glenn as they both elevated their play next to him. Rex was also chasing OT/OG La'el Collins who ended up signing with Dallas.   

It's my take that Juan Castillo the Bills O line coach/ run game coordinator is telling the Bill FO that he can get better results with the players on the roster. Something I find very hard to believe. Castillo should have been fired along with Dennison last year. 

Currently the Bills are ranked 29th in run blocking, 26th in rushing attempts, 25 in rushing yards. Man, what a far cry from last year when the team was 4th in attempts, 6th in rushing yards 15th in rushing TDs, 14th in YPC average. And two years ago the Buffalo Bills were #2 in rushing attempts, #1 in rushing yards and rushing TDs and yards per carry average. 

Easy to do when half your pass plays turn into running plays.

16 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Bills tryouts reported today: CBs David Amerson, Demetri Goodson, Tony Lippett, Herb Waters; T/Gs Jeremiah Sirles, Matt Tobin; DT Garrison Smith.

Didnt see posted. Please merge if I missed.

These workouts mean nothing....remember when the Bills were going to sign Paxton Lynch?

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Whaley did draft Miller who put in 2 really solid years at RG before last year when he fell apart in 2017. Mills hasn't been a stud but he is a good run blocker and Whaley picked him up off the Lions practice squad. The O-lines under Whaley were generally pretty good, now that's not all on him, as you said InCog was a Rex decision and he inherited Wood and Glenn. But he managed to find some pieces around those 3 esp with Miller those first two years. 

I don’t understand why the Bills don’t just bring in a veteran QB to be the backup. We are 1 hit from Peterman having to play and there is almost no way we can do that again. We have cut things way to thin personnel wise to often in the Beane era. What did we dress, 4 WRs last week? This **** is dumb. Get a guy in now, because god forbid there was a long term injury to Allen. These weeks would help a guy get a hold on the offense. There is no way that one of these bottom roster spots is more important then another QB.