Bills eating TONS of dead cap space

CheshireCT

Hey guys,

I spotted this and thought it might be good food for thought. I know most of us understand that the Bills have dead cap space, but I didn't realize they had THIS much dead cap space this year. But wowza, things really open up in 2019!! Something to be optimistic about!

"After trading away several bloated contracts and enduring the retirements of players such as Richie Incognito and Eric Wood, general manager Brandon Beane is eating $53.9 million in dead money this year, which is one of the largest single-season figures in league history. The Bills are nearly paying as much in dead money to ghosts as they are to their entire offense ($57.0 million). They'll hit 2019 with $90 million in cap space before letting anyone else leave." - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24730644/ranking-nfl-0-2-teams-eliminated-alive-playoff-race-2018-season

<sarcasm>

That's alright.  I don't mind pissing away one of the remaining seasons I have left (I'm getting older by the minute) or gobs of money on season tickets  for a possible maybe.  Winning is over rated.

</sarcasm>

Edited by reddogblitz