Schopp and Sal going at it hard on wgr

19 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Give me Schopp all day over Sal Capaccio. 

Schopp actually thinks of new theories and doesn’t give the Bills a pass on incongruent thinking and decision making. 

Sal tells you what McDermott said after practice and how he lived in Florida a long time ago. 

Sal is awful. But he kind of has to be awful to do his job.

But I agree, talking about Florida and how he used to coach high school football is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Joe is very similar to Sal in that they are both pretty bad.  They both have the ability to talk for 10 minutes while saying absolutely nothing.  

Joe was sort of the Sal before Sal at GR-55.

In theory, every segment of every show GR-55 does every day gets put up on their website as a recording, with commercials edited out.  You can listen online or a mobile device if you are interested.

Certainly don't need to be living in WNY and picking the content up through the air.

Oh I realize that, and maybe one day I will check it out. It doesn't seem like I'm missing too much though.

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Didn't hear it. WGR is blocked over here now and I haven't got round to a VPN yet. But McDermott 100% did blow the week 1 starter decision. You do not put out a guy who can't play to protect a 1st round pick. If you have a Tyrod or a Sam Bradford that is one thing. Sitting Josh behind Peterman was a totally ridiculous exercise. 

Somehow I don't think the HC is making these QB decisions all on his own as he has an offensive coordinator and O line coach/Run game coordinator who he probably consults with on offensive decisions. A head coach has to let his assistant coaches coach or he won't have time to scratch his head. 

I'm thinking that just like last year the HC asks his assistant coach who is ready to start and the way it looked in preseason with Peterman coming in off the bench in the Cleveland, Cincy games he looked better than the other two. 

Go back to that week 3 preseason Bengals game in which Josh Allen started and he went 6 of 12 for 34 yards with 5 sacks on Allen for more yards (39) then he passed for in the first half. Then at the end of the half Allen almost needed to go through concussion protocol. AJ McCarron started and played that entire 4th preseason game. 

While I agree it was a totally ridiculous exercise after watching how Peterman played in his start against the Ravens. Nobody thought he would be that bad after what he showed in preseason. Now Allen looked so much better in his start against the Chargers but it could have been much different had Bosa played. As it was the Bills O line had no answer in stopping Ingram for most of that game as the Chargers had 5 sacks in that game. I shudder to think how many sacks they could have had if Bosa had played.   

The one thing I would have done was kept AJ McCarron or brought in a different veteran QB after trading AJ away. I firmly believe that it's in the rookie QB s best interest to start and play right away if his supporting cast is up to the task and in this case it isn't. After that Bengals game I'm sure the consensus was that Allen wasn't ready to start and he still might not be...not with this craptastic team around him. 

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t think it’s nearly as bad as the OP makes it out to be...Schoop is barely raising his voice and Sal is just being himself imo.

I think if you listen all the time, you can tell that Shopp is offended and at the end as it’s settling down, he took exception to something they said and fired it back up. Again, I said it as it was going on with the expectation that it was going to get much worse and tried to tell people so they could get in. Then they ran a break and obviously cooled off. It was more of a projection at that point and if it got bad, I wanted to give people the awareness that it was happening.

This is one reason I can't stand the guy. Mr. WNY Sports Authority.  I remember when UB made the NCAA March Madness for the first time and Mike didn't even know UB won it's conference. He talked about it on the air like it was a big surprise to him and assumed everyone else listening was as stunned as he was.

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

While I agree it was a totally ridiculous exercise after watching how Peterman played in his start against the Ravens. Nobody thought he would be that bad after what he showed in preseason.

Yes they did. There were plenty of us on here saying it was a mistake and Peterman sucks. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tyrod was making $16 million. Peterman was making less than $1 million. And the Bills had massive cap problems. This stuff isn’t that hard. Hanging onto him, paying him 16 mill, foregoing the 3rd rd pick, to go nowhere this year would be epically stupid. They didn’t believe in him and being more competent than peterman is not a big achievement. 

Gimme a break.......you are our resident Bond Company Stooge......you MUST understand the difference between the actual resources available and accounting.

Cap room had nothing to do with them moving Tyrod and the Bills didn't and don't have "massive cap problems".

They simply got rid of players they didn't want.

And they are so flush with cap capital for the next few years that they are just throwing it around on guys like Star and Davis and Lotulelei and McCarron and Coleman.........the list goes on........because they are well aware that they are not going to be able to efficiently use all of it.

Not even close.

Yeah guys like Dareus and Glenn and Taylor were disappointing for the pay..........but they weren't stealing money.

Might be seeing a lot of that between now and when they can extend Dawkins. 

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

While i wouldn’t blame Hue for going with TT to start the season if he won the job, I do blame him for not even giving mayfield a chance to win the job in preseason. He didn’t give him any reps with the ones in TC. It makes zero sense. It was Tyrod Taylor in front of him for goodness sake. Not some established, proven guy. This wasn’t Lamar vs Flacco. 

Hard to blame him too much if he has a franchise QB starting by week 4 with a .500 record. Bills deans would dream of something like that.

Edited by vincec

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I said he's the most intelligent person, not the biggest football expert.  Those are two different things.

Also, your list of complaints doesn't relate to his intelligence.  If you're going to argue the point, argue it.

Don't change the topic.

Lastly, the vast majority of his callers are idiots.  Mike does have a habit of letting idiots know they are idiots.  I don't fault him for that, whereas you apparently do.

Now and again Mike gets an intelligent, interesting caller who has something to say or a good point to make.  Mike is always appreciative of such callers and almost always makes it a point to praise them or their point.

He often says things like "Well done," or "That's how you do it" or "Great call" or "This all makes a lot of sense."

If you aren't hearing that it's because you are choosing to ignore it.

Where did I change the topic?  You said he was the most intelligent and I said he wasn't. I don't believe he provides substance in his arguments.... and resorting to child like insults and sarcasm is a direct reflection of that.

I have opinions about certain callers but and I don't have a problem with calling out inaccuracies.  But I don't think its right to call people idiots or make it out as if I think something is interesting, than everyone should accept that.

when an on air personality says "Great Call" or the like, even when they disagree with the point..... shows more than giving praise because it's a shared opinion.

full disclosure, based on aired content, I think Jeremy and Murph come across as the most intelligent.  And I don't agree with either very often. 

You show show the same characteristics.  You find certain things interesting and you have an opinion.... and if that isn't shared then everyone else is "choosing to ignore it". When in actuality, these are subjective opinions, not factual disputes.  

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:41 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Gimme a break.......you are our resident Bond Company Stooge......you MUST understand the difference between the actual resources available and accounting.

Cap room had nothing to do with them moving Tyrod and the Bills didn't and don't have "massive cap problems".

They simply got rid of players they didn't want.

And they are so flush with cap capital for the next few years that they are just throwing it around on guys like Star and Davis and Lotulelei and McCarron and Coleman.........the list goes on........because they are well aware that they are not going to be able to efficiently use all of it.

Not even close.

Yeah guys like Dareus and Glenn and Taylor were disappointing for the pay..........but they weren't stealing money.

I guess the plan is to rebuild the team next year through free agency but without overpaying for anyone.  Good luck with that.

On 9/22/2018 at 6:41 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Do you think they're gonna be extending Dawkins?

I've been trying to figure out the run blocking and watching a lot of OL.  I'm underimpressed, just when it's 1:1 and the challenge is "beat your guy, don't let him beat you"

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you think they're gonna be extending Dawkins?

I've been trying to figure out the run blocking and watching a lot of OL.  I'm underimpressed, just when it's 1:1 and the challenge is "beat your guy, don't let him beat you"

I absolutely think they are extending Dawkins......

Our best OL