Schopp and Sal going at it hard on wgr

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah......you see you aren't quoting anything I said.

I am not a Schopp fan.

Sal just thought Peterman was going to be a excellent starting QB............and he's proven to be the worst QB in NFL history when on the field.

As an analyst.......that is a very, very bad look.

Rather than owning it he tries to bring those who doubted Peterman down to his level.

Which is weak.

He's just had a couple of awful years of takes........he's basically gone from a guy with vague but seemingly sensible takes to a meh-sideline reporter/apologist.

It pays better so good for him but I'm not taking much stock in the takes of anyone who was as sold on Peterman as Sal.    Ugly.

I don’t know why you keep saying this. Sal wanted them to start Allen. It’s not even accurate. To say he is Petermans biggest fan is baseless. The only Peterman fan of note is McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Mike is the most intelligent guy at the station.  Jeremy is a total idiot.  Not sure how you lump them together like that.

I finally had a chance to listen to the argument.  Schopp was definitely getting into it; that's the most fired up I've ever heard him I think, particularly with regard to a fellow broadcaster and not a caller.

What started it was Mike's ego and Sal saying his theory was "ridiculous".  That really pissed Mike of and away they went.

I don't necessarily disagree with Schopp's basic premise.

He's basically saying that the QB competition obviously didn't work as Allen is clearly better than Peterman, and that a "competition" itself is not really necessary to determine who the starting QB should be.

He's then taking it a step further and suggesting that the "competition" is a crutch relied on by coaches to absolve themselves of responsibility in making the QB selection and a tool to bring the team in line behind the decision he makes.

"Hey, he won the competition, he must be the better of the two and therefor he should start."

I agree with the crutch angle; the coaches like to lean on the competition angle so that they have a plausible defense when the QB selected plays poorly, if he plays poorly.

I said all off-season that Allen should have started Game 1; Schopp has always said that too. 

What time is the segment or is it's own separate one on the app?

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t know why you keep saying this. Sal wanted them to start Allen. It’s not even accurate. To say he is Petermans biggest fan is baseless. The only Peterman fan of note is McDermott.

Yes it is legitimately McD's Achilles heel. He was so good at getting the squad to buy in last year. I think he's a great defensive mind that is beyond moronic with his quarterback starts.

Also.. how do you link someone's name in a post so they are notified they're being referenced? I see a few people do it. Can't figure it out.

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah......you see you aren't quoting anything I said.

I am not a Schopp fan.

Sal just thought Peterman was going to be a excellent starting QB............and he's proven to be the worst QB in NFL history when on the field.

As an analyst.......that is a very, very bad look.

Rather than owning it he tries to bring those who doubted Peterman down to his level.

Which is weak.

He's just had a couple of awful years of takes........he's basically gone from a guy with vague but seemingly sensible takes to a meh-sideline reporter/apologist.

It pays better so good for him but I'm not taking much stock in the takes of anyone who was as sold on Peterman as Sal.    Ugly.

I think this is spot on. I've never heard him or Schopp before (I'm long gone from Buffalo), but I remember Coach Sal on Billszone used to have interesting posts, he was a good read. Anything of late though that I read from him is pretty weak. Being on the outside looking in, the beat guy these days who I like is Joe Buscaglia.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Joe B comes off as another Bills shill. 

His article last week was weak. Basically said the current state of the team was expected and necessary and the Pegulas signed off on it.

They may have signed off on it but they signed off on everything Rex wanted too.

EVERYTHING..........including having more coaches than players so Rex didn't actually have to do any work.

Why people think that means anything wrt job security I do not know.

The job security of McBeane is the same as always.......at least 3 seasons........unless the HC/GM does something really stupid like start demanding to know whether they will have a job at the end of the year because if not they have better things to do in December.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Sal came on and didn’t hold back on something Schopp said about Peterman and Allen. Everything schopp says is just baseless. He acts like betting lines are more accurate then the actual events that take place. Schopp was saying the coaches of Buffalo and Cleveland should have just picked the starting qb, essentialy on who they think is the better player. But that’s what McDermott did and Schopp was saying it should have only been based on draft status. As if the Broncos just let Paxton Lynch should just have been named the starter regardless in Denver only because of the draft evaluation. Then Sal asked him about josh Rosen and Schopp said that he was drafted later then Allen so it’s not exactly the same. The guy is an !@#$ that knows absolutely nothing about sports. Everyone always just takes the path of least resistance with his asinine opinions but Sal got in on this one.  Schopp was acting like the way McDermott picked Peterman wasn’t the right way to do it. Even though what McDermott did was watch every QB play and pick the best player. The Browns didn’t even try and just named Tyrod the starter. 

the more Schopp gets it the better .

Even Bulldog opposed him on this view.

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This is outright not true, Sal was a big Peterman supporter from all the way back to the spring, and would get "upset" when fans complained that Allen should be starting once Peterman was named starter.

9 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Did you watch the preseason games where Peterman was connecting on 80% of his passes?  Considering how Allen looked in preseason game 3, it was a sound decision at the time to name Peterman as the starter.  He just seems to lose it when the games count.

I agree with those that think McCarron shouldn't have been traded.  Perhaps we don't know the whole story.  I had heard he had an attitude when the media asked about the starting position.  Maybe McD didn't think he'd be a team player if he didn't get the job.

"preseason game 3"         enough said

9 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Mike is the most intelligent guy at the station.  Jeremy is a total idiot.  Not sure how you lump them together like that.

I finally had a chance to listen to the argument.  Schopp was definitely getting into it; that's the most fired up I've ever heard him I think, particularly with regard to a fellow broadcaster and not a caller.

What started it was Mike's ego and Sal saying his theory was "ridiculous".  That really pissed Mike of and away they went.

I don't necessarily disagree with Schopp's basic premise.

He's basically saying that the QB competition obviously didn't work as Allen is clearly better than Peterman, and that a "competition" itself is not really necessary to determine who the starting QB should be.

He's then taking it a step further and suggesting that the "competition" is a crutch relied on by coaches to absolve themselves of responsibility in making the QB selection and a tool to bring the team in line behind the decision he makes.

"Hey, he won the competition, he must be the better of the two and therefor he should start."

I agree with the crutch angle; the coaches like to lean on the competition angle so that they have a plausible defense when the QB selected plays poorly, if he plays poorly.

I said all off-season that Allen should have started Game 1; Schopp has always said that too. 

Thanks for the recap, Mike.  By the way, how are you today?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m somewhat surprised people are so hard on Sal, as I really like him.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I think Schoop is disrespectful to callers, as you never hear on national radio hosts.

you can disagree with someone, but still be respectful.  I loved Sal’s comments.

Sal's a homer, says what the Kool-Aid drinkers want to hear.  That's how I have always seen him.

1 hour ago, greeneblitz said:

This is outright not true, Sal was a big Peterman supporter from all the way back to the spring, and would get "upset" when fans complained that Allen should be starting once Peterman was named starter.

"preseason game 3"         enough said

He wasn’t a  supporter of peterman the player. He was insisting that he had a chance to start week 1 because of what he observed, when most thought he didn’t. He was right. He didn’t ever say he wanted him to start or thought he was good. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Joe B comes off as another Bills shill. 

His article last week was weak. Basically said the current state of the team was expected and necessary and the Pegulas signed off on it.

Anybody who doesn't share your options on the Bills is a Bills shill. 

Was Sal yelling into the microphone like he does 100% of the time?

I like sal as a person.  He does seem genuinely excited for sports, specifically buffalo and syracuse.  Sometimes i get the vibe from schopp, bulldog, and howard that theyve checked out from sports a bit.  

I do think sal's bills takes are somewhat lazy and mostly in favor of the team.  Unsure why, maybe just a persona he has constructed, or a condition of his position as sideline reporter, or maybe it just makes it comfortable being around the team personnel all the time.

11 hours ago, harv shitz said:

Schopp is an annoying, arrogant, !@#$, and always has been. I used to call in from time to time, but he treats callers like garbage. If he talked to me in person like he does to people on the air, I would knock him out where he stood. 

Sal is a much better reporter, call host, person. F Schopp, and the Bulldog too.

i agree 100%   every time i hear schoop talk, all i can picture is spit flying like he's got a super hot wing sauce on his lips or something.?

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Then Sal asked him about josh Rosen and Schopp said that he was drafted later then Allen so it’s not exactly the same. 

Wow what a tool!

Later than Allen, yeah by what 3 picks? Yet he wants to compare Cleveland and Buffalo where Mayfield was selected 6 picks before Allen.