Schopp and Sal going at it hard on wgr

40 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Sal came on and didn’t hold back on something Schopp said about Peterman and Allen. Everything schopp says is just baseless. He acts like betting lines are more accurate then the actual events that take place. Schopp was saying the coaches of Buffalo and Cleveland should have just picked the starting qb, essentialy on who they think is the better player. But that’s what McDermott did and Schopp was saying it should have only been based on draft status. As if the Broncos just let Paxton Lynch should just have been named the starter regardless in Denver only because of the draft evaluation. Then Sal asked him about josh Rosen and Schopp said that he was drafted later then Allen so it’s not exactly the same. The guy is an !@#$ that knows absolutely nothing about sports. Everyone always just takes the path of least resistance with his asinine opinions but Sal got in on this one.  Schopp was acting like the way McDermott picked Peterman wasn’t the right way to do it. Even though what McDermott did was watch every QB play and pick the best player. The Browns didn’t even try and just named Tyrod the starter. 

To his defense McDermott made a bad decision last year with Peterman as well as this year.  He has some infatuation with him for some reason.  

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Easy. Anyone who calls for Peterman joins Rick Dennison in being sent down the road. 

Depends on who it is...

They weren't too stubborn on Peterman. Pulled him out easily in order to start the Allen era.

Just needed to make sure there was no controversy.

There shouldn't be any controversy in Cleveland now, either.

I wonder if the Jets/Darnold start sucking and people start calling for McCown ?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Came here because of the title and I must say I’m disappointed with what’s really going on.

It was escalating when I started typing and they kind of killed it with the break. I just tried to get it out there while it was good so people could get in, but by the time it got there it was almost done. Just trying to do a solid. May have missed on the timing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

advanced metrics make tyrod a media darling to people who don't actually watch the games.

barnwell loves the guy, because his advanced metrics say he's good, even though he's not.

Metrics won't be used to hand TT his job back in Cleveland.  

These guys and their analytics. They're useful to a point but not the whole story and I know Schopp won't relent.  

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Metrics won't be used to hand TT his job back in Cleveland.  

These guys and their analytics. They're useful to a point but not the whole story and I know Schopp won't relent.  

Oh I know.

somebody asked why media people love tyrod.

That's why.

Advanced metrics.

Don't watch games.

Schoppe is right on this one, you spend this much draft capital on a QB you definitely should defer to starting him UNLESS he's not ready, the real competition should have been Allen against himself and then the other 2 against each other for the number 2 spot, McDermott blew it and wasted so much development time on dead ends and have just prove the whole point of YES you do give special treatment to the 7th pick in the draft over a 5th round nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Outside of a dime of a deep ball to Callaway for that TD Tyrod has been less than mediocre in Cleveland. Getting that 3rd for him was a good move for us. Good guy, great athlete, not so good QB. 

Yup and that play was on a 4th and 5 and he throws a 60 yard bomb, the lowest percentage throw. He got absolutely lucky on that one. 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Schoop is in love with Tyrod for some reason. He kinda sorta made it sound like even though Tyrod wasn't good last night, it was just one game and he's played that way here and he's still a good QB. I don't know what his love affair with Tyrod is. Tyrod is crap, even when he's at his best 

All's he needs to do is look at the stats for the games Tyrod has started this season then look at the stats for the 2 quarters of the game that Mayfield started & that will be all he needs to see of course that is if he want s to see it for what it is ...

Mayfield is going to be the S**T when it's all said & done he has the IT factor for sure !! And he did what  he did last night with no weekly reps with the 1's it was all from his mental reps through the week ! 

His interview on NFL.com is pretty cool the dude has a energy about him i was hoping that we would have gotten a crack at this but the Browns got a good one !! 

Edited by T master

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The Bills played the guy they felt was the better player at that time. They were apparently wrong. I have no issue with how any of it happened, except they should have kept Mccarron and they should have brought in WRs

He's a great practice and pre-season QB BUT when the bullets are real, he folds like a deck of cards.  I've worked with people like this over the years. McDermott did the absolute right thing. Just like Cleveland did last night. Regardless of the injury or not TT WAS NOT COMING BACK AFTER HALFTIME!