Schopp and Sal going at it hard on wgr

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

If Schopp is off all week and it's just Bulldog, I almost can't listen.  Bulldog just has nothing to say and his stammering is really hard to listen to.  He is skilled at talking for 5 or 10 minutes straight, however, while saying absolutely nothing. 

If the reverse is the case, I can listen just fine, despite Schopp's flaws.

At the end of the day he offers the most intelligent voice on that station.  That he may be abrasive or harsh to idiot callers really doesn't bother me at all.  I don't notice it nearly as much as others here apparently do.

Yeah, "Bulldog" is awful. Schopp is clearly more polished, but he is so self indulgent. When I have heard him  guesting on a national broadcast he sounds pretty damn good (I remember him giving Bills updates on The Herd), with concise information. But filling airtime on a local show he falls back on time killers like trivia. I really hate trivia, or stuff like "who was the best Bills punter?"

..let's spend the afternoon ranking Bills punters. Yay.

Or some ridiculous crap along the lines of "let's match Sabres to Bills! Which Buffalo Sabre would you consider the "Thurman Thomas" of the Sabres? Who is the Scott Arniel of the Bills?"

Just inane nonsense, a complete waste of airtime. It's actually insulting that they can't come up with more interesting bits. Like "we can just feed these idiots anything". 

But they actually seem to ENJOY these kinds of discussions. They think it's "fun".

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

because Schopp likes to be contrarian, he thinks he knows how football should be done and that is with the few superstars model versus the everyone is very good model that the Bills are using.

What??

Yes:  Anyone remember the Miserable game TT had last year against the Jets on Thursday night Football.  Then again against the Jets this year with Cleveland.  He sucks. He is brutal.  SO many TT lovers on here.

21 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If Schopp is off all week and it's just Bulldog, I almost can't listen.  Bulldog just has nothing to say and his stammering is really hard to listen to.  He is skilled at talking for 5 or 10 minutes straight, however, while saying absolutely nothing. 

If the reverse is the case, I can listen just fine, despite Schopp's flaws.

At the end of the day he offers the most intelligent voice on that station.  That he may be abrasive or harsh to idiot callers really doesn't bother me at all.  I don't notice it nearly as much as others here apparently do.

I don’t understand where Shopp shows this incredible intelligence. It is certainly not sports intelligence. Most of what he says about Football is either flat out wrong or ludicrous. That’s why Sal hammered him. At some point there is only so much a person can hear without reacting. Maybe the guy was a great science student or something but I’m not sure why all these listeners feel he is of some higher intelligence. Honestly I feel like he is an idiot 95% of the time and fails to even comprehend basic Football. All the guy does is pick out random things that he finds “interesting” If you aren’t sure which things are “interesting” he will tell you over and over again. The guy hammered the Bills all week last week and went on and on about this point spread. Then the Bills dominate the Vikings in Minnesota and Shopp gives them no credit. Picking the games last night Shopp basically just does a fly over on the Bills Packers game and acts as if last week meant nothing. Pretty much gave Buffalo no chance and wasn’t sure how anyone could feel different. The guy is just a complete !@#$.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, KW95 said:

Yes:  Anyone remember the Miserable game TT had last year against the Jets on Thursday night Football.  Then again against the Jets this year with Cleveland.  He sucks. He is brutal.  SO many TT lovers on here.

I'm sorry I forgot the initials TT already lol.