Brian Daboll's Painfully Boring Interview on WGR

BuffaloRush

This interview wins the award for "most boring interview of 2018."  Holy cow was this one a boar.  Keep in mind too, I am one of the fans that thinks you need to give Daboll a chance but man was this brutal.  

Howard Simon does the best he can to talk to Brian Daboll, but he says nothing.  Just a lot of cliches like "He had some good moments and then some moments he'd want to have back."   He is very flat, monotone, and void of any expression or enthusiasm.  Almost Belichick-esque.  Also to make matter worse, it sounds like he's half-asleep, which he might have been since it was the morning.  Plus you can tell that he's on a speaker phone or a conference call speaker.  

Even Howard tries his best but nothing works.  You get the feeling that Howard know this was a lousy segment, though no fault of his own.

Normally I listen to all of WGR's interviews with Bills players or media members.  Some are better than others, but nearly all of the time they are interesting in some way. This was an exception.  

Again, I like Daboll but this interview was a snoozer:

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/09-21-bills-offensive-coordinator-brian-daboll-howard-and-jeremy

Edited by BuffaloRush

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

This interview wins the award for "most boring interview of 2018."  Holy cow was this one a boar.  Keep in mind too, I am one of the fans that thinks you need to give Daboll a chance but man was this brutal.  

Howard Simon does the best he can to talk to Brian Daboll, but he says nothing.  Just a lot of cliches like "He had some good moments and then some moments he'd want to have back."   He is very flat, monotone, and void of any expression or enthusiasm.  Almost Belichick-esque.  Also to make matter worse, it sounds like he's half-asleep, which he might have been since it was the morning.  Plus you can tell that he's on a speaker phone or a conference call speaker.  

Even Howard tries his best but nothing works.  You get the feeling that Howard know this was a lousy segment, though no fault of his own.

Normally I listen to all of WGR's interviews with Bills players or media members.  Some are better than others, but nearly all of the time they are interesting in some way. This was an exception.  

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/09-21-bills-offensive-coordinator-brian-daboll-howard-and-jeremy

.....injected with the McD vaccine.......part of "the process".................

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I bet you that Daboll didn't place a $5000 wager on any NFL game this week, so there's that

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

So he’s like 99% of all other NFL coaches. Got it

I think the point is that Daboll sounded more like an old time OL coach than a genius OC.  That was my takeaway as well.  Very underwhelming.  

4 minutes ago, GG said:

I think the point is that Daboll sounded more like an old time OL coach than a genius OC.  That was my takeaway as well.  Very underwhelming.  

It was terrible to listen to.  He was brief and said nothing.  Plus he was hard to understand.  

9 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I bet you that Daboll didn't place a $5000 wager on any NFL game this week, so there's that

We'll see who's laughing Sunday night

People will complain about either side of the spectrum.  People undoubtedly and rightfully, didn't like Rex's shtick, they complained about that as well.

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

It was terrible to listen to.  He was brief and said nothing.  Plus he was hard to understand.  

We'll see who's laughing Sunday night

Please show me your receipts Don!

29 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

He enrolled in the McD school of media relations, and is about to graduate with honors. Oh, and he doesn't want to give anything away to Zimmer, since he also knows you have 5K riding on the Bills losing ? (sorry, I had to grab the low-hanging fruit)    

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

What do you expect from someone who was around BellyCheck for all those years.

Edited by BBills88
  • Like (+1) 1