The positive of Mayfield being good

Klaista2k

22 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Cleveland had it down to either Mayfield or Allen for the 1st overall pick in the draft.

So if Mayfield is indeed good, this is very encouraging because it shows the Browns GM knows how to evaluate quarterbacks. :)

They picked Mayfield over Allen, so it's good because they didn't think Allen was as good as, or better than, Mayfield?

Edited by ricojes

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Do we really know that Cleveland had it down to Allen and Mayfield? Teams always signal out misinformation.

I see no positives at all for the Bills relative to how Mayfeild play, they contrast so much personality wise, physically, skill set it isn't even funny. There is no translating one to to other imo.

Besides the italics, I agree :)

But I still see many good signs with Allen. It's crystal clear Mayfield has way better mastery of the game at this time, but if Josh comes even 90% close to him, with his physical attributes he will be a FORCE

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Cleveland had it down to either Mayfield or Allen for the 1st overall pick in the draft.

So if Mayfield is indeed good, this is very encouraging because it shows the Browns GM knows how to evaluate quarterbacks. 

Don't believe everything you hear or read.  There's a lot of misinformation out there.  Some refer to it as "fake news."

I was impressed by Mayfield, but Darnold was the savior 2 weeks ago, until other teams got regular season film on him and started game planning for him.  Based on what I have seen so far, Mayfield is the most game ready, followed by Darnold, followed by Allen.  As to physical abilities/raw talent, it would be Allen, followed by Darnold, followed by Mayfield.  Lamar Jackson looks like a great swiss-army knife type of player, but needs a lot of work to be a viable NFL QB.  He's incredible athletically.  We haven't seen anything from Rosen yet, but as putrid as the Cardinals' offense is, perhaps his time is coming soon.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

So if Mayfield is indeed good, this is very encouraging because it shows the Browns GM knows how to evaluate quarterbacks. 

Even it that's true, it's a stretch to make any correlation to Allen.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Are we this desperate at seeking approval? 

Sure looks that way. I don't come here much and when I do I don't stay long because of the absolute idiocy of posts like the one started here in this thread. I don't know what these guys are smoking but keep it away from me. I will take the good stuff though. I am no rocket scientist by any stretch but spend 5 minutes in this forum and that's all you'll need to see how stupid fans of football are. Unbelievable.

• Like (+1) 2

slow down bud let's wait and see on Mayfield....if he gets to always play his game in relief during a short week where you aren't game planning against the back up quarterback he's might be tough. But as an every week guy - we'll see. Every Mayfield pass was short as hell, and he played one half of football at home and the Jets suck. I'm not saying he's going to be good or bad we don't know but we all need more than a 30 minute prove it session in optimal circumstances. This is WGR radio (I dont want to do any prep work) stuff

9 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

slow down bud let's wait and see on Mayfield....if he gets to always play his game in relief during a short week where you aren't game planning against the back up quarterback he's might be tough. But as an every week guy - we'll see. Every Mayfield pass was short as hell, and he played one half of football at home and the Jets suck. I'm not saying he's going to be good or bad we don't know but we all need more than a 30 minute prove it session in optimal circumstances. This is WGR radio (I dont want to do any prep work) stuff

Do you think he is better than Taylor? 

Hitting on one draft pick doesn't prove anything. For all we know, they could have graded the top four equally and simply tossed darts at a board to figure out which one to pick.

And although Mayfield looked good, he's played one half of one game. Let's not size him (or Allen) up for a gold  sport coat just yet.

Edited by WhoTom

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

...uhhh, I think I'd go with the blind squirrel or broken clock theory before I'd go with Browns GM QB whisperer theory...

...and while it's funny, screw Cowherd.