I Bet $5,000 on Minnesota. Should I Be Worried?

BuffaloRush

I hate to say it but we are all rooting against you. I hope the Bills find a way to win this game outright or at least make it close and show signs of life. 

Btw, 17 year drought broken in ‘17, new QB is number 17, 17 point spread. The universe is talking here, I’m just not sure what it’s saying.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 5

33 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I never bet on or against the Bills.

Living in Vegas, betting is kind of a way of life.

About 10 years ago, I started betting against all 3 of "my" teams on a regular basis(Michigan basketball, Detroit Tigers, and Bills.)

For me, it's a great way to alleviate stress. I don't feel compelled to do it with the Tigers anymore because they have no expectations and the same goes for the Bills. And it really wouldn't work in this kind of situation for the Bills because they're huge dogs. There is no money betting Minnesota ML and laying 17 means that my team could lose AND I'd lose the bet.

It's perfect when my teams are favored in a relatively important game. I'll take the plus money against them and go cash a ticket if they piss me off.

I'm "lucky" I'm cursed with such disappointing teams. They've lost a combined 10 STRAIGHT championship games. That's pretty damn hard to for three unrelated teams!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Monday you might look back and romanticize what it was like to have that 5k. 

17 is a huge spread, and dumb luck. Even if they get up 30, we won’t take our foot off the gas with a rookie qb but they might coast into the finish

The problem in betting on such a big spread game is that if the game goes as expected the favored team might take out its starters, including the qb, to rest them for a more important game. In addition, the winning team plays a lot looser on defense not worried more about the clock than the other team scoring. In the Charger game the visiting team was much more conservative making the game appear closer than it actually was. 

A rule of thumb is when your churning stomach tells you that you may have gone too far you probably have gone to far. 

I'm rooting for the posting bettor.  I hope that his wife doesn't check in on his postings??? If she does, whether he wins or loses, his scrotum will be squeezed. 

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I hate to say it but we are all rooting against you. I hope the Bills find a way to win this game outright or at least make it close and show signs of life. 

Btw, 17 year drought broken in ‘17, new QB is number 17, 17 point spread. The universe is talking here, I’m just not sure what it’s saying.

I'm not rooting against him for us to win.

We aren't a good team.

Bottoming out with a top3 pick would be the best move this year.

So what if we beat Minny??

We aren't making the playoffs this year.

Better to take the L.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The real question is would you be happier with $5k or a Bills win?

I'd take $50 over a Bills win.

Tangible cash is more important than a bills win to me.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

I'm not rooting against him for us to win.

We aren't a good team.

Bottoming out with a top3 pick would be the best move this year.

So what if we beat Minny??

We aren't making the playoffs this year.

Better to take the L.

I ALWAYS cheer for the win and then deal with the losses when they happen.  I agree that in the big scheme this win would not likely mean much, but I enjoy my Sundays cheering for a good performance by the Bills, therefore, rooting against the OP.

• Like (+1) 1