I Bet $5,000 on Minnesota. Should I Be Worried?

BuffaloRush

22 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I did it.  I had the chance to bet a lot of money on the game and I did it.  Honestly I was really torn and I hate betting against the Bills but I had to do it.  I got a very attractive offer from a local sports book that I couldn’t pass up.

But I haven’t told anyone.  Not my boss, not my wife, not my parents etc.  Just this forum.  My wife especially would kill me if she knew I had $5,000 riding on football.

Since I made this bet though, I have been very nervous.  My stomach feels very uncomfortable and queesy.  I have not been able to sleep at night and have been dog tired all day.  

But really I have nothing to be worried about right?  The Vikings are one The the NFL’s best teams and the Bills are not.  I figure that the defense will hold the Bills to FG’s and the MInnesota’s offense will score at will against our porous defense.  So I shouldn’t be worried right?

I mean I would feel better if it was just picking one team to win but they have to cover 17 points.  That one might be tough and i am sweating it out.  

Hopefully I will have some nice cash next week and can put this one behind me.  

I'll be rooting for us to win. I'll be expecting my cut of our winnings on Monday. (That way your wife and boss won't find out accidentally) ??

The Bills are one of the easiest plays over the last 10 or so years.  The are a really predictable team.

I am not sure what the specifics of this bet are, but in the NFL, I wouldn't bet on high lines.  College is a different story.

If you bet Minn -17, good luck.

I would hedge right now with KC -6.5.  Easy money there.

I don't think Minn covers 17 with a short week of rest ahead and McD calling defensive plays...  3 blowouts in a row for one NFL team is rare (although we did do it last year so there is a precedent lol).  

How much do you win if they cover?

Edited by Capco

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

The Bills are one of the easiest plays over the last 10 or so years.  The are a really predictable team.

I am not sure what the specifics of this bet are, but in the NFL, I wouldn't bet on high lines.  College is a different story.

SF almost beat the Vikings but a dropped touchdown pass turned into a pick six on the very next play.

They blew out Detroit but gave up two garbage time touchdowns.

SF all day this week.

33 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I did it.  I had the chance to bet a lot of money on the game and I did it.  Honestly I was really torn and I hate betting against the Bills but I had to do it.  I got a very attractive offer from a local sports book that I couldn’t pass up.

But I haven’t told anyone.  Not my boss, not my wife, not my parents etc.  Just this forum.  My wife especially would kill me if she knew I had $5,000 riding on football.

Since I made this bet though, I have been very nervous.  My stomach feels very uncomfortable and queesy.  I have not been able to sleep at night and have been dog tired all day.  

But really I have nothing to be worried about right?  The Vikings are one The the NFL’s best teams and the Bills are not.  I figure that the defense will hold the Bills to FG’s and the MInnesota’s offense will score at will against our porous defense.  So I shouldn’t be worried right?

I mean I would feel better if it was just picking one team to win but they have to cover 17 points.  That one might be tough and i am sweating it out.  

Monday you might look back and romanticize what it was like to have that 5k. 

17 is a huge spread, and dumb luck. Even if they get up 30, we won’t take our foot off the gas with a rookie qb but they might coast into the finish

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Whenever a guy says easy money.    Bet the other way ???

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

You should probably seek some help. Being honest. There is no shame in recognizing you have a problem. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Think about it.  The Bills can still get crushed and lose by 16, then you're screwed.  Most likely the garbage time TD, or Allen goes crazy

Yes I know....that’s what makes me nervous.  They could completely own them and be up 35-6 in the 4th.  If the Bulls score 2 garbage TD’s I lose!