I Bet $5,000 on Minnesota. Should I Be Worried?

BuffaloRush

I did it.  I had the chance to bet a lot of money on the game and I did it.  Honestly I was really torn and I hate betting against the Bills but I had to do it.  I got a very attractive offer from a local sports book that I couldn’t pass up.

But I haven’t told anyone.  Not my boss, not my wife, not my parents etc.  Just this forum.  My wife especially would kill me if she knew I had $5,000 riding on football.

Since I made this bet though, I have been very nervous.  My stomach feels very uncomfortable and queesy.  I have not been able to sleep at night and have been dog tired all day.  

But really I have nothing to be worried about right?  The Vikings are one The the NFL’s best teams and the Bills are not.  I figure that the defense will hold the Bills to FG’s and the MInnesota’s offense will score at will against our porous defense.  So I shouldn’t be worried right?

I mean I would feel better if it was just picking one team to win but they have to cover 17 points.  That one might be tough and i am sweating it out.  

Hopefully I will have some nice cash next week and can put this one behind me.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

What line are you getting?  I think the Bills will lose but am starting to think they look good to cover.  I would definitely hope the Vikings get up big  early, then place a hedge.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

I did it.  I had the chance to bet a lot of money on the game and I did it.  Honestly I was really torn and I hate betting against the Bills but I had to do it.  I got a very attractive offer from a local sports book that I couldn’t pass up.

But I haven’t told anyone.  Not my boss, not my wife, not my parents etc.  Just this forum.  My wife especially would kill me if she knew I had $5,000 riding on football.

Since I made this bet though, I have been very nervous.  My stomach feels very uncomfortable and queesy.  I have not been able to sleep at night and have been dog tired all day.  

But really I have nothing to be worried about right?  The Vikings are one The the NFL’s best teams and the Bills are not.  I figure that the defense will hold the Bills to FG’s and the MInnesota’s offense will score at will against our porous defense.  So I shouldn’t be worried right?

I mean I would feel better if it was just picking one team to win but they have to cover 17 points.  That one might be tough and i am sweating it out.  

Hopefully I will have some nice cash next week and can put this one behind me.  

Just romanticize about better days when you didn’t feel so compelled to put 5k down against your own team. It will all be ok.

• Like (+1) 2

Why dear God would you ever bet so much on such a mammoth line AGAINST the team you love (possibly). You just created the perfect shiitstorm and if I were you, I would be extremely worried. This just has terrible idea and terrible result etched in stone. We have already seen the worst of the Bills and this was NOT the game to bet....not even close in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1