This Year's Bears = Next Year's Bills?

jethro_tull

In a sense that the Bills could be a team with a year two QB that makes a big win now push I could see the Bills going on an off-season spending spree to surround Allen with talent. I see at least 1 big O-line free agent and 1 big skill position free agent being added to the offense. The Bears added one of the top WR's on the market in Allen Rob, a significant complementary piece in Tyler Gabrielle, and one of the most in demand after TE's on the market in Burton. To top it off they also added in a early second round WR in Miller. That's in addition to adding Roquan Smith and Mack to the defense. 

The Bills have to spend big in 2019 to radically improve the offense around Allen. The whole plan was to have a rookie QB on a cheap contract and have the cap space to spend around that. 

There's a lot of differences between the Bears & Bills...

The Bears already had a very good pass rush & solid overall defense last year, then inserted the best defensive player in the league into that team. They also have the same coaches & schemes from the prior year, while we do what we likely will do what we always do & blame the OC for everything, fire him, and start again (speculation obviously).

They also have a better O-line, and more talent at the skill positions. Trubisky also didn't turn the ball over much, and we do. On the flip side, he wasn't throwing TD's very much either, so there's that. 

But with all that being said, there could be a slim chance if our QB & O-line can work together in figuring out how not to get him killed, and get some valuable experience & legit lessons. Then when we get that $90 million in dead cap money freed up, we have a chance at landing some great talent though we may have to overpay. And if McBeane can nail the draft, we have a shot. It could happen, but a lot has to go right.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:11 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

From what little I saw of Trubisky, it looks like the game is a little slower for him than for Allen at this point.  I do think Allen has better physical tools, but needs to recognize the defense and be able to adjust at the snap count.  In a year from now, I would think JA >> Trubisky.

Allen has better tools....Water's cold...... deep too!