Eric Reid possibility?

nero1

17 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

THERE IS NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO EXPRESS YOUR POLITICAL BELIEFS ON YOUR EMPLOYERS TIME.  Hope that clears things up.  You do have a constitutional right to seek employment elsewhere. 

Thanks. All cleared up

38 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

You are correct it's not.  The owners are well within their legal rights to do what they are doing.  That doesn't make it the morally and ethically correct decision, however.  When profitability trumps morality the world becomes a darker place for everyone.

That being said, seems pretty dark out. Apple exploiting foreign workers to produce all of their devices, Pegs fracking for gas and leaving the earth in worse shape, never mind sex trafficking. Seems this whole kneeling thing is much ado about nothing. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Business exists to make profit. You are making a huge assumption that Reid, Kaepernick et al are doing what is “ right”. I for one do not believe that their assertions about America and Police are anywhere near correct, much less “ right and just”. You seem to believe that because wrongs were committed  in the distant past, society must make up for it today.  The situations being “ protested” are statistically uncommon, to the point of being negligible. There is an existing legal procedure to deal with them and determine if any criminal act was involved. Media hyperbole doesn’t make these occurrences statistically frequent. Do you side with the law and those who enforce it ( acknowledging that errors sometimes occur)  or do you side with those who do wrong and excuse their behavior due to whatever external factors life has thrown at them ? Some individuals being “ honored “ with these protests weren’t exhibiting right and just behavior ; such as reaching for a Cop’s gun. 

Wrongs are done every single day.  You and I are fortunate that we do not live in that world where we have to endure it.  To pretend that this is all from distant past is a joke.  Asking whose "side" one is on is also a strawman argument.  I'm on the side of the person doing the right thing.  Often.  In fact, most times, that is the member of law enforcement.  Sometimes, whether we as a society like to admit it or not, it isn't law enforcement.  I know several police officers in my life.  Some I consider to be good people who I trust do the right thing.  Some, I'm not so sure about because I hear how they speak when they are in a "safe" environment of people who they think agree with them.  I've heard some vile, repugnant things come out of the mouths of our boys in blue and I'd be very surprised if that didn't follow them to their job.  You are correct that there is an existing legal procedure.  Do I think that having cops investigate themselves is necessarily the best practice?  No, no I don't.  It's sort of like having a college investigate themselves for an NCAA violation.  There is no incentive to to a good job or to come to a negative conclusion.  People in certain communities believe that also and it's because of what they see.  They see cops roust dealers on the corner and steal their money.  Should you be dealing?  No.  Should a cop be able to rob you because you're a drug dealer and he's a cop?  No.  Should a cop be able to shoot you and have no repercussions because they "made an error"?  That's often what happens.  They make an error and even if they are an honest cop who doesn't try to plant evidence or lie about the circumstances they testify that they felt in danger and they skate.  Try shooting a cop in error and see how that works out for you.

They have been pulled over for no reason and been harassed for being black in the wrong neighborhood.  It happens.  It's a real thing.  In fact I watched it happen myself twice this summer and it was the same cop both times.  I was on the way to a hockey game at 7:30am and I drove past a young black man walking down the road.  I stopped at a light just past the guy.  Main road, busy even at that hour, guy was minding his own business.  I saw a cop do a U-turn behind me and pull up behind the guy and before the light changed he had him up against the car.  Now, could there have been a call out for a guy fleeing a crime?  It's possible, but if the guy was fleeing a crime by slowly walking down the busiest road in town, passing several bus stops and a train station I think that would be a first.  He was poor and black and that made him suspicious at 7:30 on a Sunday morning in that town.  On the way back from the same game I drove through that same town.  I was speeding.  I sped past the same cop (same squad car number) who was sitting in a driveway clocking traffic.  I was going 15 over the limit past a church on a Sunday AM.  Nothing.  The car behind me which was a beat up older car with 2 Hispanic guys inside (I saw them at the previous light) and going slower than I was (I was pulling away from them since said light), cop stopped them.  Why?  Speeding was probably the reason, but I was speeding more than they were right in front of them.  More likely, they looked out of place in that lily white town.  The cop probably feels like he's doing his job.  Other people would see that as stopping a guy just for walking down the road and bypassing a ticket for a white guy in a nice car to write one for 2 poor Hispanic guys to send them a message to stay out of his town.  You can scoff at this, you can call BS.  I know what I saw and it felt immediately wrong to see both times.  I called the local PD.  I'm sure they conducted a thorough investigation into the matter.

I'm not going to convince you.  I know this.  What I would say is this.  Given the places I have worked and the things that I have seen and continued to see these concerns are real and it doesn't matter if it's a statistically small number.  The statistics only tell part of the story and there are plenty of places in our country where these things don't happen, or happen very infrequently.  There are also places and neighborhoods where these things happen a lot more frequently.  Taken in the aggregate the number is small but for the people who live on the blocks patrolled by the crooked cops the stats don't matter.  Police have a dangerous job and I am thankful that they do it.  However, that does not give them carte blanche to act however they want in the name of enforcing the law.  We can hold criminals accountable for their actions without treating everyone like a criminal.  I'm tired of being asked whether I support law enforcement or not.  It's a ridiculous statement.  Of course I do.  All good citizens do.  What we brush under the carpet with that question is the fact that some of our law enforcement agents are criminals themselves and they have an inordinate amount of power to get away with their crimes compared to most people.  They, I don't support at all.  They need to be rooted out with all of our might because they do more damage to the fabric and well-being of our society than 1,000 good cops can fix.  Our inability to have that conversation as a society and our craven need for there to be only good guys and bad guys is beyond frustrating.  Good guys wear blue and carry badges, bad guys also wear blue and carry badges.  We have no problem drawing this distinction with other jobs.  We have no trouble at all saying there are bad teachers or bad politicians or even bad doctors.  When it comes to police and military our society wants to put its blinders on and call them all heroes.

With regard to businesses existing to make money.  You are exactly correct.  There are.  However, businesses and business owners are confronted with choices every day about how to conduct their business.  Is is right for Wal-Mart to cut the hours of every associate in a store below 28.5 so they can legally cut their benefits?  Is it right that on the day they did that they gave every associate a pamphlet with directions to the local food cupboard and instructions on how to apply for food stamps?  That's not a rumor, that's not fake news.  That happened.  My wife volunteers in our local food cupboard.  I've seen the pamphlet.  Profitable for Wal-Mart sure.  Morally correct?  Using Asian child labor to make electronic components is pretty profitable too.  Certainly saves on labor compared to paying adults and that improves margins.  Morally correct?  How about purchasing the patents to old drugs then jacking up the price thousands of percent?  Incredibly profitable.  Morally correct?  Same deal with insulin.  People need insulin to survive, they are a captive market.  You CAN charge them whatever you want because they NEED your product.  Is it morally right to do that?  

This issue wasn't going to bankrupt the NFL, not even close.  It's a weak argument to hide behind profit motive when you are talking about 32 incredibly wealthy and powerful people who aren't running their football teams as a business.  Every one of the owners made their money doing something else and the football team is an expensive toy.  The decline in ratings and attendance at the NFL level has little to do with this issue and everything to do with the decline of their product quality and the gradual erosion of their fanbase from youth up.  Millions fewer kids play, hence millions fewer kids watch, millions fewer kids want to go to a game, millions fewer kids want a jersey for Christmas, millions more families are busy with other activities on a Sunday and are hence not watching.  I grew up living and dying football.  Now?  If I see half of an NFL game that's a lot.  My kids?  One will watch part of an Eagles game or if the Bills are winning, the other couldn't be bothered at all.  You think they will be consumers of the product in 10 years when they are adults?  How about their kids?  None of that has anything to do with kneeling for the anthem.

Edited by That's No Moon

18 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Wrongs are done every single day.  You and I are fortunate that we do not live in that world where we have to endure it.  To pretend that this is all from distant past is a joke.  Asking whose "side" one is on is also a strawman argument.  I'm on the side of the person doing the right thing.  Often.  In fact, most times, that is the member of law enforcement.  Sometimes, whether we as a society like to admit it or not, it isn't law enforcement.  I know several police officers in my life.  Some I consider to be good people who I trust do the right thing.  Some, I'm not so sure about because I hear how they speak when they are in a "safe" environment of people who they think agree with them.  I've heard some vile, repugnant things come out of the mouths of our boys in blue and I'd be very surprised if that didn't follow them to their job.  You are correct that there is an existing legal procedure.  Do I think that having cops investigate themselves is necessarily the best practice?  No, no I don't.  It's sort of like having a college investigate themselves for an NCAA violation.  There is no incentive to to a good job or to come to a negative conclusion.  People in certain communities believe that also and it's because of what they see.  They see cops roust dealers on the corner and steal their money.  Should you be dealing?  No.  Should a cop be able to rob you because you're a drug dealer and he's a cop?  No.  Should a cop be able to shoot you and have no repercussions because they "made an error"?  That's often what happens.  They make an error and even if they are an honest cop who doesn't try to plant evidence or lie about the circumstances they testify that they felt in danger and they skate.  Try shooting a cop in error and see how that works out for you.

They have been pulled over for no reason and been harassed for being black in the wrong neighborhood.  It happens.  It's a real thing.  In fact I watched it happen myself twice this summer and it was the same cop both times.  I was on the way to a hockey game at 7:30am and I drove past a young black man walking down the road.  I stopped at a light just past the guy.  Main road, busy even at that hour, guy was minding his own business.  I saw a cop do a U-turn behind me and pull up behind the guy and before the light changed he had him up against the car.  Now, could there have been a call out for a guy fleeing a crime?  It's possible, but if the guy was fleeing a crime by slowly walking down the busiest road in town, passing several bus stops and a train station I think that would be a first.  He was poor and black and that made him suspicious at 7:30 on a Sunday morning in that town.  On the way back from the same game I drove through that same town.  I was speeding.  I sped past the same cop (same squad car number) who was sitting in a driveway clocking traffic.  I was going 15 over the limit past a church on a Sunday AM.  Nothing.  The car behind me which was a beat up older car with 2 Hispanic guys inside (I saw them at the previous light) and going slower than I was (I was pulling away from them since said light), cop stopped them.  Why?  Speeding was probably the reason, but I was speeding more than they were right in front of them.  More likely, they looked out of place in that lily white town.  The cop probably feels like he's doing his job.  Other people would see that as stopping a guy just for walking down the road and bypassing a ticket for a white guy in a nice car to write one for 2 poor Hispanic guys to send them a message to stay out of his town.  You can scoff at this, you can call BS.  I know what I saw and it felt immediately wrong to see both times.  I called the local PD.  I'm sure they conducted a thorough investigation into the matter.

I'm not going to convince you.  I know this.  What I would say is this.  Given the places I have worked and the things that I have seen and continued to see these concerns are real and it doesn't matter if it's a statistically small number.  The statistics only tell part of the story and there are plenty of places in our country where these things don't happen, or happen very infrequently.  There are also places and neighborhoods where these things happen a lot more frequently.  Taken in the aggregate the number is small but for the people who live on the blocks patrolled by the crooked cops the stats don't matter.  Police have a dangerous job and I am thankful that they do it.  However, that does not give them carte blanche to act however they want in the name of enforcing the law.  We can hold criminals accountable for their actions without treating everyone like a criminal.  I'm tired of being asked whether I support law enforcement or not.  It's a ridiculous statement.  Of course I do.  All good citizens do.  What we brush under the carpet with that question is the fact that some of our law enforcement agents are criminals themselves and they have an inordinate amount of power to get away with their crimes compared to most people.  They, I don't support at all.  They need to be rooted out with all of our might because they do more damage to the fabric and well-being of our society than 1,000 good cops can fix.  Our inability to have that conversation as a society and our craven need for there to be only good guys and bad guys is beyond frustrating.  Good guys wear blue and carry badges, bad guys also wear blue and carry badges.  We have no problem drawing this distinction with other jobs.  We have no trouble at all saying there are bad teachers or bad politicians or even bad doctors.  When it comes to police and military our society wants to put its blinders on and call them all heroes.

With regard to businesses existing to make money.  You are exactly correct.  There are.  However, businesses and business owners are confronted with choices every day about how to conduct their business.  Is is right for Wal-Mart to cut the hours of every associate in a store below 28.5 so they can legally cut their benefits?  Is it right that on the day they did that they gave every associate a pamphlet with directions to the local food cupboard and instructions on how to apply for food stamps?  That's not a rumor, that's not fake news.  That happened.  My wife volunteers in our local food cupboard.  I've seen the pamphlet.  Profitable for Wal-Mart sure.  Morally correct?  Using Asian child labor to make electronic components is pretty profitable too.  Certainly saves on labor compared to paying adults and that improves margins.  Morally correct?  How about purchasing the patents to old drugs then jacking up the price thousands of percent?  Incredibly profitable.  Morally correct?  Same deal with insulin.  People need insulin to survive, they are a captive market.  You CAN charge them whatever you want because they NEED your product.  Is it morally right to do that?  

This issue wasn't going to bankrupt the NFL, not even close.  It's a weak argument to hide behind profit motive when you are talking about 32 incredibly wealthy and powerful people who aren't running their football teams as a business.  The decline in ratings and attendance at the NFL level has little to do with this issue and everything to do with the decline of their product quality and the gradual erosion of their fanbase from youth up.  Millions fewer kids play, hence millions fewer kids watch, millions fewer kids want to go to a game, millions fewer kids want a jersey for Christmas, millions more families are busy with other activities on a Sunday and are hence not watching.  I grew up living and dying football.  Now?  If I see half of an NFL game that's a lot.  My kids?  One will watch part of an Eagles game or if the Bills are winning, the other couldn't be bothered at all.  You think they will be consumers of the product in 10 years when they are adults?  How about their kids?  None of that has anything to do with kneeling for the anthem.

Whew. That’s a lot right there, but I contend that your notion of “ crooked cops” who investigate themselves and “ skate” is grossly exaggerated. Many of these things end up in court with a jury trial. That’s our system, and it’s still the best one in the world. You are firmly bought in to a false narrative. I certainly won’t change your mind with regards to this. It’s also a far cry to equate wanting employees to stand at attention for the playing of the anthem ( harmless)  to the morally dicey business practices you cite. No one in their right mind thinks this issue would bankrupt the NFL. As for the legal stuff, next time you are pulled over because you are speeding ask why the other car didn’t get pulled over. Heck, try to sell that to a judge. I’d advise you, it isn’t a winning argument. One who looks for “ racism “ everywhere to justify their own missteps  will certainly find it. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 hour ago, iinii said:

That being said, seems pretty dark out. Apple exploiting foreign workers to produce all of their devices, Pegs fracking for gas and leaving the earth in worse shape, never mind sex trafficking. Seems this whole kneeling thing is much ado about nothing. 

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

-Dylan Thomas

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Whew. That’s a lot right there, but I contend that your notion of “ crooked cops” who investigate themselves and “ skate” is grossly exaggerated. Many of these things end up in court with a jury trial. That’s our system, and it’s still the best one in the world. You are firmly bought in to a false narrative. I certainly won’t change your mind with regards to this. It’s also a far cry to equate wanting employees to stand at attention for the playing of the anthem ( harmless)  to the morally dicey business practices you cite. No one in their right mind thinks this issue would bankrupt the NFL. As for the legal stuff, next time you are pulled over because you are speeding ask why the other car didn’t get pulled over. Heck, try to sell that to a judge. I’d advise you, it isn’t a winning argument. One who looks for “ racism “ everywhere to justify their own missteps  will certainly find it. 

Like I said, we should both be happy to live the lives we live.  I get to visit that world every day for my work, I don't have to stay there.  I gave you two examples from the same day with the same cop, if you want to dismiss them go ahead.  Maybe I'm wrong, like I said.  Maybe that 20 something black guy walking up the road had just robbed a house.  Maybe the cop just didn't have his timing gear set up yet when i blew past him.  Maybe, just maybe, I'm right though.  Like I said, people say what they really think after a couple beers in a socially comfortable place.  I've heard stories from the cops own mouths.  That's not false narrative.

Going back through what I said I believe I acknowledged that the vast majority of law enforcement are good people.  They are.  I firmly believe that.  There are also some who very much aren't.  They are people I wouldn't have in my home again and one is a member of my extended family.  So I'm left with two choices, either they made up terrible stories that made themselves and a few of their compatriots look like awful people, or they were telling the truth.  Working in the community I work in I'm left with 2 choices either ALL of the people I have heard complain about issues like this over the course of 15 years have been lying even though there was zero gain for them to do so or at least some of them have been telling me the truth.  Now take the situations I've seen in person, not just the 2 relatively silly ones I presented you with.  Have I misinterpreted ALL of those situations over the course of a lifetime?  Maybe.

I don't know you and I don't know how you live your life.  My recommendation for anyone reading this is to go to the worst neighborhood you can find and do some work there.  Find a place to volunteer.  Do something to help out.  Not as a high and mighty isn't your life terrible sort of thing, as an actual caring human being who wants to help a little without judgment.  I make that distinction because I see people at my church who think they are great people because they volunteer when really the only reason they are there is say they did it and get an atta boy from their rich friends.  The second they go back to their world nothing changes in their attitude or language about the people they went to "help".  Not just once or twice either, really get involved and be there enough so you can learn the lay of the land.  You will come away from it with a different perspective on things.   I went into the hood in Camden, NJ for a job at age 22 thinking I knew something about the world and the way it was.  I was very wrong.  Again, none of this excuses people and their poor choices.  Far from it.  You at least gain some insight as to why people do what they do and gain a little empathy for their situation.  You see things you will never see in the suburbs (or the countryside for that matter), as people get to know you you will hear things that you will never hear in the suburbs.  It is a completely different world and it might be less than 10 miles from your house.  It's really easy to minimize these things and blow them off as hype when it's not happening to you or to people you know or care about.  Rather than jumping up and down saying it's not an issue, how about taking a step back for a second and just trying out the other perspective.  What if it IS an issue for someone else?  Like a real issue, not just a lie they tell themselves to feel better about the world or to assign blame to someone else for their problems.  What if something like this did happen to someone you love.  How would you feel about that?  How would it change your outlook on the world?

On Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 1:55 AM, RyanC883 said:

If you are at work, your employer has the right to control your behavior, publicly funded space or not.  Public funding has nothing to do with it.  It's simply not a Constitutional Right to kneel during an NFL game.  period.  

Employer policy also does not implicate Constitutional Rights.  If an employer wants to fire you for it, the employer has every right to do so.  An employer could also say, "I hate that shirt, your fired," despite not having a policy against shirts your boss does not like.    

I think Hyde has some experience at CB?   

I think you're missing the point. The specifics of what rights an employer has and where they exercise them is not the issue. The issue is the capricious nature of what they tolerate and what they chastise. A slap on the wrist for criminal behavior but a simple gesture in the name of a tragic phenomenon in our society can end your career. The NFL is beholden to its owners, and will minimize any loss of revenue, whether that means turning a blind eye to the vices of talented players, or blackballing those with views that some fans find objectionable.

Edited by billsgpr88
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Like I said, we should both be happy to live the lives we live.  I get to visit that world every day for my work, I don't have to stay there.  I gave you two examples from the same day with the same cop, if you want to dismiss them go ahead.  Maybe I'm wrong, like I said.  Maybe that 20 something black guy walking up the road had just robbed a house.  Maybe the cop just didn't have his timing gear set up yet when i blew past him.  Maybe, just maybe, I'm right though.  Like I said, people say what they really think after a couple beers in a socially comfortable place.  I've heard stories from the cops own mouths.  That's not false narrative.

Going back through what I said I believe I acknowledged that the vast majority of law enforcement are good people.  They are.  I firmly believe that.  There are also some who very much aren't.  They are people I wouldn't have in my home again and one is a member of my extended family.  So I'm left with two choices, either they made up terrible stories that made themselves and a few of their compatriots look like awful people, or they were telling the truth.  Working in the community I work in I'm left with 2 choices either ALL of the people I have heard complain about issues like this over the course of 15 years have been lying even though there was zero gain for them to do so or at least some of them have been telling me the truth.  Now take the situations I've seen in person, not just the 2 relatively silly ones I presented you with.  Have I misinterpreted ALL of those situations over the course of a lifetime?  Maybe.

I don't know you and I don't know how you live your life.  My recommendation for anyone reading this is to go to the worst neighborhood you can find and do some work there.  Find a place to volunteer.  Do something to help out.  Not as a high and mighty isn't your life terrible sort of thing, as an actual caring human being who wants to help a little without judgment.  I make that distinction because I see people at my church who think they are great people because they volunteer when really the only reason they are there is say they did it and get an atta boy from their rich friends.  The second they go back to their world nothing changes in their attitude or language about the people they went to "help".  Not just once or twice either, really get involved and be there enough so you can learn the lay of the land.  You will come away from it with a different perspective on things.   I went into the hood in Camden, NJ for a job at age 22 thinking I knew something about the world and the way it was.  I was very wrong.  Again, none of this excuses people and their poor choices.  Far from it.  You at least gain some insight as to why people do what they do and gain a little empathy for their situation.  You see things you will never see in the suburbs (or the countryside for that matter), as people get to know you you will hear things that you will never hear in the suburbs.  It is a completely different world and it might be less than 10 miles from your house.  It's really easy to minimize these things and blow them off as hype when it's not happening to you or to people you know or care about.  Rather than jumping up and down saying it's not an issue, how about taking a step back for a second and just trying out the other perspective.  What if it IS an issue for someone else?  Like a real issue, not just a lie they tell themselves to feel better about the world or to assign blame to someone else for their problems.  What if something like this did happen to someone you love.  How would you feel about that?  How would it change your outlook on the world?

Wouldn’t change my outlook on the world. There is only one right way and that’s up to each individual. Are there bad people out there? Of course. Do some of them happen to be cops ? Sure, as with any profession. A few anecdotes about a bad cop don’t mean much except to confirm the obvious. Bad folks can be found anywhere. I don’t know what your social status is, but it doesn’t matter. You could be pulled over just as easily as the next person. The situation could go horribly wrong for you if you didn’t handle it properly. That has nothing to do with your race, but a lot to do with your cultural background and how you were raised. It’s just a fact. Money and social status have a lot to do with how things go for us in life. Far more than race.  I don’t feel bad about it, that’s just the way of the world. It will not change. Much of what happens to us is dictated by how we interact with others. That includes law enforcement if and when we come into contact with them. More so than volunteering in the worst neighborhood ,my recommendation would be to ride along with a Cop assigned to that beat and see what they deal with every day. Put yourself in that situation, and see how you might respond if you thought someone had a weapon and simply ordered them to put their hands where you can see them. Monday morning quarterbacking that scenario is just so easy, isn’t it? 

22 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

Should is different than must.

Pretty sure you are the one confused on this one.  Not sure what the source of your confusion is.  

IF it was an actual rule instead of a suggested guideline players would get fined. The NFL and other sports leagues fine players for uniform violations if this was actually something they could penalize players for they would do it. 

The person you are arguing with does not seem to comprehend this. 

4 hours ago, billsgpr88 said:

I think you're missing the point. The specifics of what rights an employer has and where they exercise them is not the issue. The issue is the capricious nature of what they tolerate and what they chastise. A slap on the wrist for criminal behavior but a simple gesture in the name of a tragic phenomenon in our society can end your career. The NFL is beholden to its owners, and will minimize any loss of revenue, whether that means turning a blind eye to the vices of talented players, or blackballing those with views that some fans find objectionable.

What they tolerate and / or chastise isn’t capricious at all. Rather, it’s reflective of how their audience responds or how they believe it will respond. The audience has largely responded to criminal behavior with indifference and a shrug. That’s not exactly what happened with the um, “ gesture” you’re referring to. The scorn of the fans may seem capricious, but the league is just reacting to it. Or the lack thereof. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Sounds like we have a serious problem with Anti-American sentiment at games if people are suppressing freedom.

If a fan acts in a threatening manner towards another fan for their choice of headwear, he/she should be permanently banned from the stadium.

No, but freedom of speech and expression goes both ways.  It's about being respectful to those around you.  The Constitution and Bill of Rights gives you the ability to do many things, but at the end of the day, we need to get away from the "me" and look at things as "we".  If we truly are a United States, we need to think about our words, deeds and actions and how they may impact those around us.  The divide in this country needs to end and it starts with mutual respect for others.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/21/2018 at 12:35 PM, MAJBobby said:

I would have signed him. Makes team better. 

But he kneeled so NFL blackballed him. 

Felons

rapists

abusers

drugs

running around naked

gun violations 

murderers

All ok. But DONT exercise your Constitutional Rights. Then your not welcome

You left out inside traders. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/21/2018 at 1:50 PM, RyanC883 said:

that said, I'd bring him in if he can help.  He's not the attention-talent-less clown that Kap is.  

Kaepernick is clearly one of the best 72 QBs in the land (assuming ev1 keeps 3 Not ev1 does.). That said, if he's not a starter, then he's not worth the distraction. That's the true reason he hasn't been signed IMO.

14 hours ago, Flutie Flakes said:

No, but freedom of speech and expression goes both ways.  It's about being respectful to those around you.  The Constitution and Bill of Rights gives you the ability to do many things, but at the end of the day, we need to get away from the "me" and look at things as "we".  If we truly are a United States, we need to think about our words, deeds and actions and how they may impact those around us.  The divide in this country needs to end and it starts with mutual respect for others.  

The situation I referenced was a fan being harassed to the point of threat for choosing to wear a freaking hat. There is no ambiguity. It is UN -AMERICAN to harass someone for their choice of headwear in a football stadium and there is no tolerance for that kind of wanton disregard for our principles.

We already did come together to write the constitution. Many people just need a refresher on that pesky first amendment. 

Reid would be a solid signing, but we all know it's not going to happen. 

Edited by LSHMEAB

8 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Kaepernick is clearly one of the best 72 QBs in the land (assuming ev1 keeps 3 Not ev1 does.). That said, if he's not a starter, then he's not worth the distraction. That's the true reason he hasn't been signed IMO.

What's funny is that he's kind of a distraction in the same way Tim Tebow was a distraction. You're just better off having neither as a back up.

Doubt there's much overlap in their supporters.

On 9/22/2018 at 2:12 PM, MAJBobby said:

So would you sign Eric Reid? 

People keep talking  about " first amendment rights"....that applies specifically to the government not to an employer. Bit, no, I wouldnt sign him (too late, he's no longer available ).The Bills don't need a SAFETY. If he was a back up QB, or a talented WR..maybe, if we could afford him. I don't know what his contract pays

Edited by Pablocruise

On 9/22/2018 at 1:49 PM, That's No Moon said:

You are correct it's not.  The owners are well within their legal rights to do what they are doing.  That doesn't make it the morally and ethically correct decision, however.  When profitability trumps morality the world becomes a darker place for everyone.

Back to football, and its a moot point now that Berry has signed..but, the Bills didnt need a safety, they could use help elsewhere

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25043749/carolina-panthers-eric-reid-scraps-malcolm-jenkins-other-philadelphia-eagles

The Bills definitely should have brought this guy in. What we really need this year are guys who are willing to run on the field during the coin toss to accuse other players of not being woke enough.

DqDIyciUUAAAY_q.jpg

Maybe he should be asked  to take a "field" sobriety test.

• Haha (+1) 1