Stainless steel straws.

Pine Barrens Mafia

13 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Those WSE 5 cent massive soft peanut butter cookies rocked with that warm milk.p.s.- I had Wagner in 2nd grade ...

WSW, My Neighborhood when we went to school!

Get it right!  East is Ghetto!!!!

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well seeing that as of today in California using a plastic straw gets you the death penalty so I have to find an alternative.  

I have a water softener.  For years, decades, I have shut off the "salt saving mode."  Ie: Water Saving.

Owner Manual/Installation says that in Massachusetts & California... I could be looking @ 15 years to life!!!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well seeing that as of today in California using a plastic straw gets you the death penalty so I have to find an alternative.  

When I was stationed in SD moons ago,me and a few buds took a roadie up to Oakland/SF....I never saw many of those old multi striped McDonald's straws laying around...cut into quarter sections and then sliced open.Cocaine Kisses.

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Or Die. Or Bust.

For real.

Pretty sure everyone already knows that plastic straws are **** for doing blow, plus it's easier to sanitize the stainless ones after using the, ahem, alternative orifice for those of us with deviated septums.

• Haha (+1) 1

Since restaurants have declared war on straws, the next front will be war on take home containers.  You have some leftovers? You'll have to bring your own containers to the restaurant.

At this point, only only then, will the Americans who eat out literally ever night of the week hemmoreging money for lousy food will have an epiphany - it's easier to eat at home.  

The next front should be on extra packaging.  And plastic bags.  George Carlin said paraphrasing "we have no choice.  The only thing we can choose is paper or plastic?"  Well now we don't even have that choice

Edited by Pete

3 hours ago, Dante said:

Since we get only paper straws out here I now appreciate a decent straw when I can get one. The paper ones are just gross. I would fully be behind a high end stainless steel straw. I wonder if Yeti® could come up with something?? A $25 outdoorsy type thing. I'm such a Yeti® fan I would buy a few of them.

I bought the wife a travel mug similar to a Yeti that came with a stainless steel straw, and the brush to clean it with. 

Oh, and Chef, and anyone else in Cali, want me to pick you up a case of plastic straws and ship them to you?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Kinda strange reasoning out here. 

You can pi$$, shite and do drugs on the street but you go straight to hell if you have the stones to light up a cigarette!

17 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I bought the wife a travel mug similar to a Yeti that came with a stainless steel straw, and the brush to clean it with. 

Oh, and Chef, and anyone else in Cali, want me to pick you up a case of plastic straws and ship them to you?

hmmmm, illegal plastic straw trafficking might be pretty lucrative. 

Has anyone checked into how much energy goes into producing stainless steel straws and what happens to them when they are ventually thrown away.  Seems like its simple enough to put straws in the recycling bin.

All this worry about plastics here in the us when 90% of the plastic waste that ends up in the ocean comes from two rivers in southeast asia.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

That would be awesome!

6 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Or Die. Or Bust.

For real.

We have a couple. We use one for hollowing-out jerky to stuff the dog's medicine in so he'll actually take ingest the meds. The other hubby takes camping, and I honestly do not want to know what he needs it for when doing his survivalist-stuff. 

8 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Or Die. Or Bust.

For real.

Some are going with biodegradable cardboard straws and these are the complete opposite......to each their own.  But I think the stainless steel will be a big hit with the cocaine afficianados. They may replace the giant McDonalds straws.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

6 hours ago, Dante said:

Since we get only paper straws out here I now appreciate a decent straw when I can get one. The paper ones are just gross. I would fully be behind a high end stainless steel straw. I wonder if Yeti® could come up with something?? A $25 outdoorsy type thing. I'm such a Yeti® fan I would buy a few of them.

I picked up one of the large Yeti travel cups and couldnt believe how well it worked. Kept a coffee warm all day at work (8+ hours), I want to get another