9-21 Bills live McDermott presser

24 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I am tired of hearing people say "this year is what last year was supposed to be". So because we were better last year than people thought the team gets a pass to be awful this year? 

you decide whether to give them a pass..but McDermott cannot make water into wine. You carry $57M in dead cap..you gonna have a depleted roster. It is a simple equation.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I am tired of hearing people say "this year is what last year was supposed to be". So because we were better last year than people thought the team gets a pass to be awful this year? 

I personally think they dont care what YOU think

You can either come along for the ride.....or dont

He uses normal coach speak. He doesn't sound dumb, he just sounds like a coach fulfilling his idiotic responsibility to talk to the media every day.

Anyone who expects to get anything from the coach in a mandatory press conference is delusional.

• Like (+1) 3

Many people here complain and some need to get hit upside their heads w/ a 2x4 in order to understand this and have it sink in.  They are currently in cap hell!  Come March, the floodgates open and they can do whatever they want.  McDerrmott does not give 2 sh*ts what he looks like in front of the camera and neither do I.  I personally hate the media and think it is a waste of time, most of the time.  Enjoy the ride. I've said it before and I'll say it again.  This year is about development only.  No more, no less.

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 1

People still don't get the fact this is the first year of the deeper part of the rebuild. We have a rookie lining up at QB. We also traded Glenn and Tyrod. The retirement of Wood and the loss of Incognito also set us back a lot more than they had anticipated. The dead money hit for this season tied their hands. Do I think the money spent on Star should have been appropriated elsewhere? Absolutely. But going into next offseason we are scheduled to have around $90,000,000 in cap space, a solid core group to build upon (hoping for the best with Allen and Edmunds within that group), and a full slate of picks. I can do simple math. I could tell that the subtractions made to the roster, plus the schedule we had in front of us, likely equaled a long season in 2018. I don't know what the rest of you were looking at if you were expecting something else. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Paulus said:

Is this team really "young?"

Did the Bills really build the Defense from the front to the back?

The team overall is the 7th oldest in the league. But the core members of the team playing some of the most critical positions - QB, CB1, LT and MLB and almost all the WRs are very young. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

People still don't get the fact this is the first year of the deeper part of the rebuild. We have a rookie lining up at QB. We also traded Glenn and Tyrod. The retirement of Wood and the loss of Incognito also set us back a lot more than they had anticipated. The dead money hit for this season tied their hands. Do I think the money spent on Star should have been appropriated elsewhere? Absolutely. But going into next offseason we are scheduled to have around $90,000,000 in cap space, a solid core group to build upon (hoping for the best with Allen and Edmunds within that group), and a full slate of picks. I can do simple math. I could tell that the subtractions made to the roster, plus the schedule we had in front of us, likely equaled a long season in 2018. I don't know what the rest of you were looking at if you were expecting something else. 

All logical and true.  However, Bills are, for obvious reasons, long past "wait until next year."  They crave George Allen's "the future is now," whereas what they get is "the future is never now," aka frustration.  Takes a toll.

13 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

All logical and true.  However, Bills are, for obvious reasons, long past "wait until next year."  They crave George Allen's "the future is now," whereas what they get is "the future is never now," aka frustration.  Takes a toll.

I understand, but I would rather have sustained success rather than a flash in the pan quick couple of mediocre playoff berths. Been a Bills fan for like 30 years now. Most of those years have been nothing worth talking about. If this is what it takes to get us back to being actually back all the time then I can deal with the learning curve and purge of some players even if it means a top 5 kind of pick regular season. 

• Like (+1) 1