17yr playoff drought or 2yr losing streak?

PromoTheRobot

Which is worse? 17yr playoff drought or 2yr losing streak?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse?

• 17-year playoff drought?
    • Two years without a win?

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

True but our NE is their Pitt

I dont know, that division doesnt really have that one dominant team like the AFC East, but it might be just as tough cause they have 3 really good other teams that are typically fighting each other for the top spot. The AFC East is a one team show where maybe you get another team that might squeak into a wildcard position, but never usually fighting for the division crown.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I dont know, that division doesnt really have that one dominant team like the AFC East, but it might be just as tough cause they have 3 really good other teams that are typically fighting each other for the top spot. The AFC East is a one team show where maybe you get another team that might squeak into a wildcard position, but never usually fighting for the division crown.

I agree, I meant more of like a guaranteed two losses for them each year, I forget what their record is against them, but it is similar to ours against NE was my point. But you are right, they have a 3 team race whereas ours is just NE

41 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

This place is ridiculous. The Browns have 1 playoff appearance since coming back into the league, have now won 2 games in the last 3 seasons and you can probably only count on one hand the amount of winning seasons they have had since being brought back (that's including 8-8 years) all while playing in a division that has had the winner of it rotated around the other 3 teams.

The Bill's have been a mediocre team over that 17 year span with mostly 7-9 to 9-7 finishes in a division that's been dominated by one team. In that same time span, how many times have the Jets or Dolphins made the playoffs?

Sure you get to draft at the top if you have a winless season, but how was that working out for the Browns before this? 

It's funny how Bill's fans always have to feel like they have it the worst. How about the Lions, they have a winless season a playoff drought going and IIRC, have not won a playoff game since the early 90s?

The patriots are not the problem though.  7-9, 8-8 and almost always 9-7 is the problem.  We couldn't get the 10 or 11 wins needed to get into the playoffs.  What the pats were up to was not what was holding us out for the most part.  

2 years or 17 years?  Seriously guys?  2 years of zero wins gets you Myles Garrett and Lil Bakes.  7-9 every year gets you mckelvin, Maybin, Donte, Gilmore, lynch,    We might not win a game this year, then we’ll get a bounty for the pick or Bosa/Oliver.  If we do it again next year, we get another haul, then we’re good to go.  

I think the browns are about to be good.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Browns have a 15 year drought of their own.  Lets not pretend they were clicking along as a playoff team then hit the reset button.

That being said, I don't know that "it felt better" is the right way to put it, but most of the last 17 years the Bills were pretty much irrelevant while the Browns were the butt of jokes.  That's the number one thing that seems to have flipped recently.  We've replaced the Browns as the butt of jokes now, it's making last years playoff run feel like it was 5 years ago already and constant Bills jokes have nearly ruined several podcasts I usually enjoy.  Basically I'd rather be irrelevant than mocked.  17 years of 8-8 gets you ignored, 2 years of 1-31 gets you laughed at.

That's fair. Personally, I don't mind the Bills being the butt of jokes right now because they deserve it and I'm still optimistic for the future (high picks, cap space). The proof will be how they capitalize going forward. But for the time being, the end of the drought has let me relax and enjoy tolerate the ride.

26 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

That's fair. Personally, I don't mind the Bills being the butt of jokes right now because they deserve it and I'm still optimistic for the future (high picks, cap space). The proof will be how they capitalize going forward. But for the time being, the end of the drought has let me relax and enjoy tolerate the ride.

I'm all-in on Tank 2.0 because perpetual 7 to 9 wins isn't getting it done.  And if it leads to getting the opportunity to build the roster with top-end talent or trading back and stockpiling draft picks that's great.  But that requires the team to make the right picks.  I think these guys are up to the task.  So I look towards next year.  But the title of the thread might just as well be, gas chamber or electric chair, choose your method of execution.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

Would I rather have my ? s set on ? or ripped off by a ???? ?

Good topic but I’d don’t think it’s closer.  The Browns have a lot of talent now because they were really bad.  Last year, we got completely lucky and made the playoffs.  It is almost insane in a salary cap league not to get lucky for 17 years.  Winning between 6-9 games gets you nothing great.  

So as awful as both are, I’d rather go 2 years with a W than 17 years without the playoffs.  

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s only the right move if Allen is the answer.  Their replacement plan for Tyrod has sucked so far.

I'd rather go through watching allen develop or fail then see another snap from TT in a bills uniform. it was evident last night that beane made the right decision trading him and saving bills (although some still cling to him and make excuses) fans from anymore misery watching him in a bills uniform.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s only the right move if Allen is the answer.  Their replacement plan for Tyrod has sucked so far.

Biscuit my man, you are right to the extent that their plan has not necessarily worked out the way they wanted. Team was cash strapped by former administration and hoped to get a cheap FA QB (AJ) to teach the kid. That failed. Keeping TT does nothing for us this year even if Allen is not the answer. I'll take the draft capital instead.