17yr playoff drought or 2yr losing streak?

PromoTheRobot

Which is worse? 17yr playoff drought or 2yr losing streak?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse?

• 17-year playoff drought?
    • Two years without a win?

15 minutes ago, sleeby said:

0-32 is way better than 17 years of 8-8.  8-8 is the path of good intentions that leads to such a long drought 

I completely agree with this.  Now that the NFL has stopped punishing teams by making them give top draft picks outrageous contracts, I think it's absolutely a viable strategy to completely bottom out for two years, add two loaded draft classes, flush out your cap from overpaid players who won't be around when you are good, aggressively add talent in FA and load up a team around a QB on a rookie deal.

The Eagles didn't completely bottom out but they've been able to add a ton of talent around Wentz due to his cheap contract.  The Seahawks were one of the first to do it when Wilson was cheap.  The Rams are enjoying the the fruits now and the Browns have positioned themselves for a similar run.  That's my hope of what McBeane is trying to accomplish.  The Star contract seems to fly in the face of that type of plan though...

The browns also have a current 16 year playoff drought which includes their winless streak, much worse

Edit: I chose the 2 year losing streak as I thought the question was implying which situation would you rather have the Browns or the Bills (for the last 17 years) if we are just speaking free of that, I would change my answer to the 17 year drought as being worse as its a much longer sustained period of sadness

Edited by Bray Wyatt

19 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

The 17 year drought, not even close. 2 year losing streak gets your Baker Mayfield & Myles Garrett. 17 year drought means you can't even get losing right.

The Browns have a 15 year drought of their own.  Lets not pretend they were clicking along as a playoff team then hit the reset button.

That being said, I don't know that "it felt better" is the right way to put it, but most of the last 17 years the Bills were pretty much irrelevant while the Browns were the butt of jokes.  That's the number one thing that seems to have flipped recently.  We've replaced the Browns as the butt of jokes now, it's making last years playoff run feel like it was 5 years ago already and constant Bills jokes have nearly ruined several podcasts I usually enjoy.  Basically I'd rather be irrelevant than mocked.  17 years of 8-8 gets you ignored, 2 years of 1-31 gets you laughed at.

24 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

The browns also have a current 16 year playoff drought which includes their winless streak, much worse

Edit: I chose the 2 year losing streak as I thought the question was implying which situation would you rather have the Browns or the Bills (for the last 17 years) if we are just speaking free of that, I would change my answer to the 17 year drought as being worse as its a much longer sustained period of sadness

And something like 22 years w/o a playoff win

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

This place is ridiculous. The Browns have 1 playoff appearance since coming back into the league, have now won 2 games in the last 3 seasons and you can probably only count on one hand the amount of winning seasons they have had since being brought back (that's including 8-8 years) all while playing in a division that has had the winner of it rotated around the other 3 teams.

The Bill's have been a mediocre team over that 17 year span with mostly 7-9 to 9-7 finishes in a division that's been dominated by one team. In that same time span, how many times have the Jets or Dolphins made the playoffs?

Sure you get to draft at the top if you have a winless season, but how was that working out for the Browns before this? 

It's funny how Bill's fans always have to feel like they have it the worst. How about the Lions, they have a winless season a playoff drought going and IIRC, have not won a playoff game since the early 90s?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

This place is ridiculous. The Browns have 1 playoff appearance since coming back into the league, have now won 2 games in the last 3 seasons and you can probably only count on one hand the amount of winning seasons they have had since being brought back (that's including 8-8 years) all while playing in a division that has had the winner of it rotated around the other 3 teams.

The Bill's have been a mediocre team over that 17 year span with mostly 7-9 to 9-7 finishes in a division that's been dominated by one team. In that same time span, how many times have the Jets or Dolphins made the playoffs?

Sure you get to draft at the top if you have a winless season, but how was that working out for the Browns before this? 

It's funny how Bill's fans always have to feel like they have it the worst. How about the Lions, they have a winless season a playoff drought going and IIRC, have not won a playoff game since the early 90s?

I agree with the overall idea of your post, just wanted to say Detroit does not have a playoff drought going, Stafford is 0-3 in the playoffs though