Will tonight’s game delay Darnold’s HOF ceremony?

9 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

I hear ya. Al the praise on Darnold while Allen is dismissed out of hand by the media.

To all the Allen haters, didn't he look much better than both Darnold and Tyrod? Like way better? Mayfield is the real deal though. Much better mastery of the game. But who knows in time if Allen picks it up, he has more physical tools.

Much better? Absolutely not? The sample sizes are different too. If you cherry pick specific games maybe you could make the case that Allen was slightly better in his game against the Chargers than Darnold was in his last start against the Browns. With three whole games under his belt Darnold has seen twice as much action as Allen. Who knows what Allen will look like this week on the road against Minnesota. 

I need to see Allen take less sacks. He's been sacked 8 times in 1.5 games. Darnold has been sacked 7 times in 3 complete games. Not all the sacks are on Allen because we do have a bad line but still he could have easily avoided a few by making better decisions. 

All that said, I absolutely don not want Darnold to succeed as a Jets so I am thrilled that he played poorly last night. Hope it continues. But overall his stats on the season are clearly better than Allen's so far. 

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You don’t really believe that so you?  Holy crap, when did Bills fans become so sensitive?  Allen looked ok in a couple preseason games and his start against the Bengals basically lead off sports center.  

The other qbs were better coming out of college.  Sorry, a lot of people had concerns about a 56% passer out of Wyoming.  But if he plays well, he will get praised.  Stop being sensitive.

Do I believe that many members of the media have a pre-concieved narrative about certain players and then react to the extreme when they see something that fits that narrative? Yes I do. Many of them over-reacted when they saw signs of success in Darnold and many over-reacted when they signs of previous negative traits from Allen.  I also believe that each QB will eventually get the positive or negative attention they deserve, but my point is, initially, they over-react to fit their initial expectations.

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LAMP 

Look 

At 

Me

Provoke 

I did not realize I was going to trigger the closet Jets fans on this board. For the record, this was meant to be a shot at the media and their tendency to over-react to a single game performance, not a shot at Darnold. He could very well become a great NFL QB, I just think we need to give it a few more games before we start declaring him, or any other player a success or failure.  

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Meanwhile, elsewhere on the board, we got a chap predicting playoffs for the Brownies now that they're 1-1-1

Maybe folks should hold off on the canonizations and annointings all round.

What we need on this board is to memorialize all of these wild and hair brained predictions in some kind of accountability grid/matrix, where they all can be held up for ridicule after they fabulously fall flat on their face.  So we can say, "HA HA HA, you stink you turkey"!  And it would also give the guy who claims "I've been saying since the draft that Foles was going to cut Wentz's break lines" a way to PROVE he knew what was going to happen. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Picking on the Bills is like picking on the weakest kid at school.  It’s fun for the talking heads and there’s no repercussions for them as we’re a small market team that doesn’t impact their ratings.  

You get in trouble for bullying in school now though

Also we deserve it this year

We are honestly the worst team so far and it's not even debatable

The Allen hate needs to stop though I'll give you that

11 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

He’s not on my favorite  team and is getting attention so I hate him for no reason whatsoever.

Never said I hated him, but he is/was getting more praise than he has earned thus far. Of course that will change now and many will start over reacting in the other direction. eventually it will level off and he will be judged more accurately.  

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

I get that we're supposed to hope everyone fails except the Bills (especially AFC East teams) but don't you all think it would be cool if Mayfield, Rosen, Allen and Darnold all joined Mahomes and turned out to be great franchise QBs? Now that the likes of Brady, Brees, Rogers and Big Ben are on the edge of retirement I want to see some great new blood in the league and all the rivalries that come with that. 

I loved Kelly's twice yearly duels with Marino - the fact that they were trying to outdo one another probably raised their games. Look forward to more of it with Allen and Darnold each season.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Of course it wont. I bet you dont even see the negativity about him in his third (second in a row blah game) that you saw on Allens first ever game. 

Again, Allen was the far riskier pick.  It’s not about the Bills or Jets.  If these guys were reversed, it’d be the same story.  Weirdly, people think the qb who was awesome in the Rose Bowl is a safer pick than the guy that struggled against unlv.

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Again, Allen was the far riskier pick.  It’s not about the Bills or Jets.  If these guys were reversed, it’d be the same story.  Weirdly, people think the qb who was awesome in the Rose Bowl is a safer pick than the guy that struggled against unlv.

Yes he was a Riskier QB. Hence why taken AFTER mayfield and Darnold. 

But to completely destroy his First Ever Start with this OL and Weapons is Lazy and just the narrative self serving analysis. Do you think a similar praising analysis is given to Allen when he has to top game this yesr or will they cherry pick and harp the negatives. Allen played a good game in a non support your narrative analysis. 

Darnold just had TWO similar games will his play get destroyed?

its just your typical bad sports reporting. Also if Allen was in a Big Market with his first game he would be getting Praise. 

Hell look at Dak

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I get that we're supposed to hope everyone fails except the Bills (especially AFC East teams) but don't you all think it would be cool if Mayfield, Rosen, Allen and Darnold all joined Mahomes and turned out to be great franchise QBs? Now that the likes of Brady, Brees, Rogers and Big Ben are on the edge of retirement I want to see some great new blood in the league and all the rivalries that come with that. 

I loved Kelly's twice yearly duels with Marino - the fact that they were trying to outdo one another probably raised their games. Look forward to more of it with Allen and Darnold each season.

i think allen's gonna be a gamer. as far as the bolded , it is quite a great thing to see.  goff, wentz, jimmy g, rosen,  prescott, mariota, wilson and all the guys you mentioned.

this league is going to be fun to watch and very competitive for years to come. i love it.  i mean, whoever thought the nfc west would be worth watching...

• Like (+1) 1

This could be a lot of fun if 3-4 of these QBs end up being good (with Allen being one of the good ones)

Mayfield I can see being the quick passing, polished one of the 3. Things already look easy for him and he throws as soon as he hits his back foot. I think he'll be the Brees like ridiculous completion % guy of the 3.

Darnold I can see being Dalton-like: good, puts up numbers, seems like the "prototype" guy but somehow feels like something is missing. Yet he always has his team near the playoffs. I can see his stats being Dalton-like as well: perennial 4000 yard passer, decent TD:INT ratio, well-liked, in all a fine QB.

Allen I can see being the rough around the edges but gamer type QB who fans here will love. I don't think he's ever going to look super polished, but maybe more like a Favre type QB who is tough as nails, has a huge arm, and battles to the end in every game. Of the 3 I can see his stats never looking great on paper, but at the end of the game he's got around 300 yards, a pick or two, but a couple TDs as well when they are needed. I see Allen as the guy who people will say "yeah but _____" about forever until he shuts them up with multiple winning seasons as a starter.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am already sick of all the unwarranted praise being heaped upon him by the media. Maybe they should wait until he accomplishes something before praising his greatness. 

He deserves praise for being the youngest QB since 1970 to start an NFL game - and doing very well in his first start.

I haven't heard anything said about him that hasn't been warranted.  He looks great for a rookie and he's making some rookie mistakes.  That simple, really.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Meanwhile, elsewhere on the board, we got a chap predicting playoffs for the Brownies now that they're 1-1-1

Teams that have started 1-1-1 (history):

Capture.JPG

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

did not realize I was going to trigger the closet Jets fans on this board. For the record, this was meant to be a shot at the media and their tendency to over-react to a single game performance, not a shot at Darnold. He could very well become a great NFL QB, I just think we need to give it a few more games before we start declaring him, or any other player a success or failure.  

Sorry man.  I was just busting on ya and running with the flow. (which sometimes is the wrong thing to do) 

That being said. The Browns ain’t going to the playoffs imo.   

Feel free to to remind me how wrong I was if they do 

• Like (+1) 1