Browns are going to the playoffs

5 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Right, but if a headline uses a name, it is the surname 99% of the time. Using "Baker" would typically refer to someone with the surname Baker, which would be far less identifiable than "Mayfield." Using "Mayfield" leaves no doubt about who is being referenced, unless I'm forgetting other Mayfields.

There's another baker on the browns?

Just stop man.

There are currently 3 players with the name "baker" in the NFL.

Two are last names.

Budda Baker of the cardinals (safety)

Jerome Baker of the dolphins (LB)

Baker Mayfield of the Browns (QB)

NOBODY is confused if there is a football headline talking about "baker", especially in Cleveland.

51 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

There's another baker on the browns?

Just stop man.

There are currently 3 players with the name "baker" in the NFL.

Two are last names.

Budda Baker of the cardinals (safety)

Jerome Baker of the dolphins (LB)

Baker Mayfield of the Browns (QB)

NOBODY is confused if there is a football headline talking about "baker", especially in Cleveland.

Do announcers call Darnold Sam? Are there a bunch of headlines about Sam?

Just stop, man. ?

Just admit that it's abnormal.

Edited by The Bills Blog

I had the Browns pegged as a 7 win team entering the season, after 3 weeks I still think that's where they will finish. The Browns defense is legit and Baker is an exciting rookie QB. But with Baker they will struggle as he will put up rookie type games and the team will struggle to finish games as closing out games is always the first thing young teams struggle to do. The AFC isn't stiff competition for the wildcard spots out of the East Miami might be oddly competitive but I can't see them finishing above 8 wins. 

In the AFC South I like the Jags to win the division and I think one of those 3 other teams will compete for a wildcard spot as I can see at least one of those 3 other teams winning 9-10 games. Out of the AFC North I think you have the strongest competition for wildcard spots. Cincy, Baltimore and the Steelers could all finish 9 wins or better. In the AFC West the Chiefs are holding it down but the Broncos and Chargers could both push 9 or more wins. 

Overall I think to get into a wildcard spot you will need 10 wins in the AFC and I just don't see the Browns getting there. 

22 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Do announcers call Darnold Sam? Are there a bunch of headlines about Sam?

Just stop, man. ?

Just admit that it's abnormal.

No they don't, because there are 16 players with the first name of "sam" or "sammy" in the NFL, and one with the last name sam.

there is ONE baker.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yeah but there are zero in the NFL

Zero in NFL history if I'm not mistaken

I didn’t say anything that gave you reason to try to correct me there....

”but” has no place in our conversation....

41 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I didn’t say anything that gave you reason to try to correct me there....

”but” has no place in our conversation....

Conversation which you joined was in regards to "baker" not being a common name in the NFL, with there only being a single person EVER first named baker in the NFL.